1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Chiefs led the league in yardage and were sixth in points despite Mahomes sitting a game. Truly pedestrian.

Weak.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Without having the list of all 12 teams in front of me, interested in seeing how their ultimate hires have faired.

UTSA2step likes this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm also not sure anyone would call Mecole Hardman and Sammy Watkins the best #2 & 3 receivers ever. Sounds more like someone doesnt want a black coach to me

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Led the league in yardage. Wow, that's a reach - and possibly the first time that statistic has ever been used in a debate! My concerns are obviously legitimate - the Chiefs have the best QB in the league, the most dynamic WR in the league, and the best TE in the league. Is the success based on the players or the coordinator? Or the head coach - Andy Reid? Legitimate concerns that should be fully vetted in order to make a great hire.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So where’s PFT, SI, ESPN, Dan Orlovsky, Randy Moss, Ian Rappaport, Adam Schefter, Mort with their speculation and “sources” regarding Eric Bienemy?

I know it doesn’t fit the intended narrative of Watson wanting out. I’d like to see their sources confirm whether or not Deshaun was involved in the interviews (which one tweet earlier said he was). Or have their sources corroborate whether or not EB would still be considering the job if he knew Watson wasn’t on board.

People say there’s no bias in the media reporting... and its all based on truth and good journalism... but this is the exact “one viewpoint” bullshit that most people hate about the news now. Present all the news... both sides... not just the side that gets the most intended clicks.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Guy is doing a lot of talking for someone that may not be on the roster next season lol.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Even with the Rooney rule, he was supposed to be a hot commodity this offseason and just hasnt been the case, for whatever reason.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We had Hopkins and Watson, never made top 10 offense once under BoB, and he got promoted to gm/hc. I don't think McNair used that as a factor to gauage head coach potential. Posters using that as reason to eliminate or b concern about eb probably just don't wanna see a black hc. Didnt hear dem btching when BoB was sht at his job.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Interviews are overrated IMHO. Interviewing is its own skill set, one that doesn't necessarily cross over with being a good football coach.

I have friends who are brilliant at their jobs, but have had some trouble "climbing the ladder" simply because they don't interview well.

How often is the guy who interviews well completely full of **** and sucks at their job? Ask Jack Easterby. I'm sure he's a great interview.

This is honestly one of the reasons I'm rooting for Bieniemy. Hire a guy more for his resume, track record, proven coaching ability, and references and less for how well he talks to some rich guy for a couple of hours.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Good point. Im at the point of, just hire somebody already, that keeps DW happy, since hes gonna make anybody look good anyway. Thats why I dont mind retaining Tim Kelly. Just put some lipstick on that hog, we call a defense.

cmoak1982 and UTSA2step like this.
  12. CometsWin

Yardage and points in 15 Mahomes games, troll. Neither Kelce nor Hill were the best anything until Mahomes made them that. It’s the best offense in the league no matter what happens in the playoffs. Success is based on the players and coaches.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t want to get in what you guys are talking about. But out of being accurate, Kelce was a stud before Mahomes was drafted and before he started starting.

coachbadlee and El_Conquistador like this.
  14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

This is very true. That's why I like to take my candidates out on the golf course and then for some heavy drinking afterwards. It's easy to laugh at my jokes for an hour. Let's see you do it for 5+ hours. Oh, and high handicappers need not apply.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not joining Eric b

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There's speculation that one of the reasons Andy Reid is pushing EB so hard for a HC job is because he wants to make sure he can keep Kafka.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Oh good grief, it sounds like we're getting the third best choice here. Reid, Kafka then Bieniemy.

SLOPPY THIRDS

18. CometsWin

Many people are saying...

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why do you think he wouldn't be on the roster next year?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Texans interviewed Eric Bienemy and who???

Rudyc281 likes this.