1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Video footage of Eric Bieniemy on his first day on the job making Jack repent.

Commodore and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He’s right but just kinda hope he didn’t say it like that tho.

I mean if he did then whatever but the way he typed it makes it sound like Eric b was like I don’t like how y’all put men of go over football players.

Be better if Eric b said something like...you know I believe in giving people second chances and if a player fits into what we do then some certain red flags can be forgiven.

3. conquistador#11

followed by...."What is Christianity if we can't forgive."

Might be why he doesn't interview well.
    ( hypothetical interview with Bob Mcnair and EB on December of 2005.)
    Bob: " I want David to remain a Texan such a handsome face for the organization. You caught the video where he cut his hair after a huge win. I have it right here with me if you want to watch. Anyways, Can you fix him?"

EB : "Fu*k no! He's got that ptsd. Y'all messed him up."

mikol13 and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Fantasma Negro

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hope he told them “We are not a church team in a church league.” ;)

Jack can have a role as team chaplain and go to church Sunday morning with Cal but he shouldn’t be involved in football ops or anything close. (But if the players want him gone, then he gotta go! Wait, can’t let the inmates run the prison.)

And conversely, sometimes it’s okay to give guys second chances.

Even Eric himself. He did **** 30 years ago so he shouldn’t get a chance now? I’m more concerned he’s a product of Reid/Mahomes.

And whether it’s Eric B. or Joe B. or whomever, yeah they may be good OCs but we’re not hiring for OC. We’re hiring a head coach. How do they command a locker room? How do they plan to turn around or fix this shitty defense? How’s their game day management? Time/clock management? Challenges? Everything that goes with being a HEAD COACH and not just being a good offensive (or defensive) coordinator?

And fact of the matter, if Eric was white, he’d already have a job.

Are you young?
    Are you white?
    You have a foot in the door.
    BONUS if you’ve ever interacted or worked with Sean McVay.

I swear, you’d think Sean McVay invented the game of football.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I hope EB cussed leasterby out and then told him to shut the hell up while grown folks are talking.

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

I hope EB walked in there took a **** on himself and screamed "hail satan!"

Guys relax, he wants the job. I'm pretty sure he's behaving like a professional because he is one

10. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

We all know it's going to be Frazier. However the best outcome for the Texans as of now is if they give Eric B the job along with partial roster control. Eric B's roster control may be the only thing that could cancel out Easterby's roster control.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The “men of God” comment makes me skeptical of the entire report as that reads like something made up by a fan.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

I think Frazier will be the dc, the bills have been practically pushing him out the door

Rudyc281 and UTSA2step like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Which is not good either. The Bills defense isn’t good. Better than Texans but that’s not hard

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the one hand I remain concerned that EB has been interviewing and interviewing and hasn't gotten an offer from anyone yet.

On the other hand, if Im reading correctly, off all the new head coaches hired so far, no African American right? In fact all white dudes except for Saleh, who is Lebanese?

So only 2 African American head coaches currently in the NFL?

Just hire EB already, lol. He may be a product of Reid/Mahomes, but I think almost everyone will be happy with the hire (except for Cal and Easterby I guess cause sounds like they're borderline racists (idk). Like EB is as "hyped" an assistant coach as you'll find. It's both a potentially great hire, and a safe hire, imo.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree there should be more black head coaches.
    I don’t think there should be any color head coach just because of their color.
    Everyone is getting an opportunity to interview, if EB is the dude, I hope he comes in and dominates right away.
    I’ve made my peace with his past, not a big deal. The not being hired already is a concern.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

He's not my choice but imo the defense coordinator hire is the biggest priority for EB. Deshaun has shown he can get it done in any offense, the defense has been trash for some time now.

mikol13, Red.Glare, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  18. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Bring back son of Bum. Have his last hoorah be as a Texan, and then he can ride off into the sunset.

UTSA2step and the11mingdynasty like this.
  19. showa13

showa13 Member

Tony Dungy with the ringing endorsement of EB will resonate with Cal as Cal has already taken his advice.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Karl Dunbar coached with Eric b before