1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he can repent during his Zoom interview? If so, Father Jack might be able to grease the skids with Clueless Cal.

2. desihooper

Supporting Member

Agreed; Frazier probably wouldn't want to make a lateral move... same for Eberflus.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Meanwhile Tony La Russa can get his 5th or 6th managerial job in the MIDST of a DUI conviction/trial... and not to mention he's in his 70's and most feel the game passed him by a long time ago, yet he still gets opportunities.

BMoney, houston19519 and desihooper like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The main thing is it goes a long way towards placating the Texans’ franchise QB, Deshaun Watson. Eric Bieniemy was one of his preferred choices.

The other stuff can be figured out later.

#1744 DVauthrin, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Be careful... some here truly bought into the McNairs quote of "can't let inmates run the prison/asylum" type mentality...

Of course doesn't excuse the fact that they're letting a preacher run the show...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

do you really believe that?

edit: nevermind im sure you were venting so called "company line" and after reading your "If Deshaun goes So do I" thread I completely agree with you.

Time to start buying 49ers gear?

#1746 Verbal Christ, Jan 18, 2021
    BMoney and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It’s sad that there are still people that defend Cal McNair and Jack Easterby over Deshaun Watson at this point. All McNair had to do was not go back on his promise to Watson concerning the GM and head coaching search, and everything would have been alright.

But, what do you expect from an owner that allows an evangelist to make critical decisions for his football franchise? He makes Tilman Fertitta seem like an upgrade, and that’s saying something.

#1747 DVauthrin, Jan 18, 2021
    Red.Glare and UTSA2step like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I have my doubts that Bienemy is even a real possiblilty for this job honestly. He will interview today, but when you add up his background with the current atmosphere on the team - it doesnt seem to be a fit and a reactionary move to satisfy the optics. I dont really think these guys are interested in keeping Watson.

When they trade D4 to San Fran for Jimmy G and fillers I'll probably take my fanaticism to the Bay I liked the 49ers as a kid anyway. I was one of those that didnt watch the games like I used to this year BEFORE knowing about all the drama in the front office and nothing will change until Cal McNair sells the team.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. itzIce

itzIce Member

Just listening on 790 "In The Trenches" - Caller at rally, I believe his name is James of "Texan's Unfiltered", said that Bieniemy's contract is being worked out. EB wanting partial roster control.

Hopefully hear something more concrete soon!

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Unfortunately, what we have here is an ownership problem, and that's the worst kind of problem to have because it impacts everything else. It almost doesn't even matter what happens with Watson, or the coaching hire, or anything else really, because as long as your organization is owned by a buffoon, one problem will just replace another. I get the feeling that Cal doesn't even want to deal with all of this, and that's the reason why he has been so trusting and allowing of others to have control. O'Brien saw it and took full advantage, and now so has Jack Easterby. That's what happens with weak ownership, and it will continue to happen until Cal either becomes more savvy, which might not ever happen, or he sells the team, which also might not ever happen. The whole thing sucks.

Nook, pugsly8422, Red.Glare and 2 others like this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Now Lonnie Johnson’s tweet makes sense when he said “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

Rudyc281 and houston19519 like this.
  12. desihooper

Supporting Member

Not sure if that's a great idea. Let him have final say on who is up on gameday, but Caserio needs to have final say on personnel and the 53 with input from the coaches and scouts.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and itzIce like this.
  13. itzIce

itzIce Member

Yeah, Let's see if this is the deal breaker for the EB Era moving forward.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if it ends up being a failed old retread looking for one last shot like Leslie Frazier, because no one else would take the job, that would be an utter failure

Nook and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If they go with EB he'll be gone in a year or two. He will have a short leash and ownership will not give him any leeway if he loses early on. Just can't relate to him unless he gets in their prayer circle.

Given the roster mess that BOB left him he would be wise to pass on the job.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

What is partial roster control? Is that like half-pregnant?

Nook and csj like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That's fair but we don't have another narrative to subscribe to. Texans/DW4 have not refuted or even try to downplay these reports. I’d be happy to listen to other views if there were any, we are not being offered any at the current moment.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lol which one is it? Does he have an interview or not?

Rudyc281 likes this.