1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I would not be surprised if Easterby has richer more lengthier contract than Caserio.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Schefter and other national media types are pushing a specific narrative.

Go back to the Amy Palscic firing and you can trace the roots of it. The journalistic integrity is completely gone.

Btw, Matt Eberflus did interview over the weekend → Nick Caserio has that kind of cache.

The criticism is deserved, but these national media types have gone full rogue on this situation. Peter King, Schefter, and others don't know a damn thing about the situation. They only latched on when they realized the low-hanging fruit would be nice clickbait.

Oh, and **** JACK EASTERBITCH.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rudyc281 and zeeshan2 like this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Dan Patrick just said on his show that Frazier seems to be the leading candidate. Also said that it seems like Bieniemy isn't going to get a HC job. How poorly can this guy interview?

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Cal, Caserio and DW4 all have the power to de-sensualize this narrative. None have chosen to do so and we've actually heard more from Cal defending Easterby than we have about him and DW4.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I never said the situation is great, only that it's healthier to take the national media agenda with a box of salt vs. taking it as scripture.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Damn @J.R. your a machine lol

Beat me 2 it

raining threes, UTSA2step and J.R. like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Question for the die hards that keep riding with the team ... since some of you think there is a narrative going on - what would make the Houston Texans Head Coach job desirable considering all the background noise and distractions from the pulpit on Kirby?

Sure money and some guy getting a first coaching gig, and maybe D4 holds some sway, but I actually agree with the consensus that this coaching job is not very attractive given the amount of meddling and consternation that comes from the front office.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Interesting to see how Caserio and Eric b mix...but Caserio has done his homework on him.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

"This coaching job is not attractive because Watson has single handedly sabotaged the team."

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

All these former Kubiak assistants...

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The main thing will be...is can he Caserio coexist?

UTSA2step and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

No way do I think there is a narrative, where there is smoke there is a fire that easterby started when he got here. I believe it's going to be
    Bieniemy or Colts Defensive Coordinator I would make some demands though.

My demands to take the job:
    $ 8.69, a NICE top 5 coaching contract.
    & an out clause should Watson request a trade.
    Take it or continue this charade of a Sh**show you guys have going on and watch it all blow up.
    Some will say "Eric B can't be making no demands, come on Man!" But those KC bois be crazy. He will make that demand. It's like 4th and inches. You know they're going for it.
    --------------
    I read that viewership went down 30% percent this season for HTexans. The hardest hit of all the NFL teams. With no Watson and the resentment of keeping that thing that loves giving speeches and pretending to be one of the guys, I could see viewership being the lowest since the lame duck Oilers in their final season.
    And I see some already suggesting cleaning house and getting picks b/c with Watson the team still had a losing record. That sounds good on paper but 4 years from when the new rookie Qb is up for an extension, he is not going to sign that extension with the current 'culture' of mistrust. These guys all know what's happening. They're all friends.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Caserio could coexist with Belichick...
    The real questions are if Caserio can convince #4 that he's competent and in control of the football operations.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and houston19519 like this.
  19. magman

magman Member

I really think it's his past troubles, the DUI and assault, that has kept him from getting a head coaching job.

Hank McDowell and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So if they appease all and go with EB... the biggest issue of who's going to turn around this defense still remains.

Not to mention the offense will also be going through a totally new system that Watson/WR's will have to buy in.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and desihooper like this.