1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

For the more experienced bros here, is WSB making any sense? wsb STILL bullish on GME. i don't know what to think.

Looking at yahoo finance: cap is still only $2.5bn, $1.2bn debt, $7bn revenue and looks they will be profitable moving fwd.

For a company modernization play, I thought WMT looks more attractive? Higher price to sales, but much better growth and profits.

https://news.gamestop.com/static-files/ba37d1f0-c350-4dbb-b91a-4f58de46b95a

2. adoo

adoo Member

don't be such a F**king jerk, stop lying

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm pissed I missed out on the JAGX tip.... SMFH.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I read this as "Confederate Hoes Day" for some reason. Right.

Ziggy and Rodman23 like this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Can’t really go wrong with any of them right now tbh. If one hasn’t popped yet, it seems inevitable it will LOL.. crazy market. I didn’t get in last Thursday, was to damn busy with work and missed the entry.

ADXS is one I’ll be watching going into Tuesday morning. Chart looks good for a potential 60-70% gain next week before going back to reality.

STR8Thugg, Sajan, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was kidding! Sorry if it offended you.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

LOL. WSB is insane.
    They have taken a $5 stock to $43!

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No. Oh wait... there was more?

It's a bit of a manipulated stock, so looking at funny mentals may be risky. lol. I think GME was one of the most shorted stocks out there, and much of the rise is because of people piling into it (ex. WSB), and blowing shorts out. This is combined with all the followers watching it go up jumping in and sending it higher. Several highly-shorted stocks this year are bizarrely up. Remember Hertz said they were going to file for bankruptcy and people started buying it, sending the stock shooting up? :D I don't know what the thesis is for the company to turn things around, though.

GME did have some "good" news recently that caused a short squeeze : https://www.barrons.com/articles/ga...rs-to-the-board-the-stock-shot-up-51610384385

But also : https://www.barrons.com/articles/gamestop-stock-soars-as-short-sellers-take-a-hit-51610572262

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No experience here but to answer your question... no WSB isn't making any cents.

10. Buck Turgidson

Everyone Genius, huh?

Fairly certain I've heard that before.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What could possibly go wrong?

Ziggy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

The way I'm thinking about it - i think largest single day drop last year was 12%. Instead of missing out now over a correction that may or may not come, just keep going with what works, and take the 12% hit when it comes. After that is actually the hard part - deciding whether to close positions or buy the dip.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/tra...r-fed-cuts-rates-launches-easing-program.html

Ziggy likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Tencent (hk listing) all time high.

14. Buck Turgidson

From where I'm sitting...nothing.

15. Buck Turgidson

You remember JDS Uniphase in the late 90's?

Always sell before the bubble goes "POP"

STR8Thugg and Dream Sequence like this.
  16. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Coincientally enough, we used to refer to that stock as JDS j*zz on your face. Yes, we were very mature 20 years ago.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

We were all highly mature back then.

I tried to tell my housemate to sell.....I tried and tried to tell him about the tech bust, he wouldn't listen.

Then it happened.

"POOF" goes his portfolio.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. During the dotcom bubble they used to say JDSU stood for "just don't sell us". The "glory" days of telecom and dotcom bubbles. :D I just tried to find some old purchases of that crap, but I guess I my history doesn't go back that far, or it was with my ancient Datek account.

EDIT : here's a chart I could find :

[​IMG]

Sajan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Being a "consultant" between '97-00 was basically a license to print money. Had to upgrade all the financial software (one step down from SAP), Y2K compliance and such, every company was completely freaked out and they could not pay us enough.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird. For some reason I thought you were a cowboy or rancher. lol. Anyway, yes. And they were still trying to find COBOL programmers to help back in those days. COBOL never dies. :D I was happy to actually find a Y2K bug working for a major airline/airline subsidiary back in those days. Well, it was actually a leap year bug, but whatever. The dotcom/Y2K bubble was a scam in many ways.

EDIT : BTW, my favorite stock of that "era" was SCF which became XLA ... from a penny stock to over $200 and I think it must've split I don't know how many times in one year. Check out that return : http://www.georgenichols.com/publishedwritings/xla/index.htm

Ziggy and Buck Turgidson like this.