1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson isn't the strip club/partying type like Harden is, but when it comes to "do it my way or I burn down the franchise", they are very similar.

2. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes, a player who has had years of getting his way and throwing a fit when his way doesn’t work is the exact same as a player being upset with his owner boldface lying to said players face. Completely similar situation, you close your eyes and you can’t tell them apart

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly. There's a handful of James Harden level players in basketball and while football players are generally more expendable- there's a handful of franchise QBs in their 20s

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson is just acting the way Harden would have if they hadn't catered to his every demand for years.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only glimmer out there is that Watson hasn’t officially said or implied anything other than he’s pissed. Not reading into the “sources” who say something is not salvageable... because if that were the case, Watson would just flat out say “trade me”.

If he’s waiting to see how the coaching search goes. If he’s willing to let the new front office power structure take hold (without you know who), if he’s willing to let dumbass Cal take his patronizing overgrown foot out of his mouth... then the team still has a favorable chance of working everything out.

Unlike the Harden situation, where he saw his favorite coach and favorite GM let go.... and is in the later stages of his career where he truly has to play for championships with whatever prime years he has left.

UTSA2step, Nook, gatsby and 4 others like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No need to feed the trolls.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Handful? More like 2-3 who are this young and this good.

The Rockets made their runs with Harden... they went for it again and again... there wasn’t anything left.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I really hope easterby and McNair really know what they are getting into because they are entering a level of hatred from Houstonians that may surpass that of Bud Adams, Karl Malone, and Buffalo combined. This is gonna get really bad

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Watson is gone...the mass exodus from Houston continues

1st Harden, now Watson. Who’s next?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Probably Correa

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

JJ Watt and then Fuller. We gonna be bad for a long time. But hey we still have easterby

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

well it’s a good thing I don’t care about baseball then

Watson was the only good thing the Texans had going for them...the only reason to be hopeful

once he’s gone...

14. showa13

showa13 Member

I could see why you think that, if you think Cal is doing a fantastic job and Easterbunny is a vital part of this organization

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Total cleansing of the locker room.

Duane
    Clowney
    Hopkins
    Watson?
    JJ

Getting rid of every leader in the locker room and starting all over with new guys smh

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The second part has nothing to do with what i said.

For the record, I don't think Cal has done a great job and i don't care for Easterby at all. None of that justifies Watson's behavior

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This can happen if Janice steps in. Or Cal wisens up. They hire a team President to do the actual day to day, an experienced sports executive like Oliver Luck for example. Cal keeps his title, but twidles his thumbs and reads the Bible all day on Zoom with his Bible study buddy Easterby.

18. conquistador#11

So I've ran down a couple of good boys that would tolerate motivational speeches, from a creepy not so talented speaker, for about a season or 2.

Baby Carr.
    Wentz (will straight out demand to be removed a year later)
    Tua or Fitzie
    Nick Foles
    Jimmy G (he'd need to distance himself from that brazzers life so maybe not anymore)
    Matt Ryan
    Mason Rudolph

* I didn't include Stafford as he knelt with Deshaun during the Lions game that shows me a little rebel in him. His wife, very welcomed can't forget that classic anti mask rant.

I also didn't include Philip Rivers as his reaction to easterby in the locker room would be like, " Gosh dang get that darn thing out of the locker room. I have a family to go home to. He's slapping me in the butt like we best friends."

This is so sad. Let's enjoy our LT. The whole cycle will keep going

19. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, sick of making excuses for Texans ownership. Appeasing Watson is putting a bandaid on a shot gun blast. I support anything that increases the odds the McNair’s sell the organization. They are a scourge.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is this about Barshop? I would assume...

Rudyc281 likes this.