1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No idea what that means LOL. I love your comedic relief.

2. mightybosstone

I haven't cared in a while. Apathy with the Texans is always the best approach.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. raining threes

What political views?

I know for a fact Cal met with Watson twice once they even had dinner together. Bottom line is Watson's feelings are hurt because he told Cal what he wanted and Cal wants nothing to do with Bienemy.

Like I said before Bienemy s past is why he can't get a job. Nothing political about this.

4. raining threes

He listened, he just didn't agree with what Watson wanted.

5. swakid8

swakid8 Member

I right where you are. I have no problem leaving this team behind if the mess around with Watson. This may be the final straw with me and the Texans.......

I was born and raised in Houston I. The 80s and saw us lose the Oilers in the 90s.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

I haven't seen any kind of proof that watson demanded to hand pick the coach or gm. What's been reported is that Cal told Watson he would be involved. Watson gave a list of coaches. They chose to not even try and interview two of them. One with a checkered past. The other, likely because of religious views.

Then, they hired a GM while Watson was on vacation.

All reports are that Watson felt responsible to be the voice of the team, and the team wanted a culture change. The team wanted to get away from the Patriots. They wanted more accountability within the organization and a better organizational hierarchy. Cal doubled down and did none of that.

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I've been pretending Houston doesnt have a professional football team since BOB and Ive been alot happier.

Two Sandwiches and Blake like this.
  8. raining threes

At some point the owner makes the call who he hires/fires. He wants to use the Pats model and regardless of whether Watson,You, or I like that decision it's Cal's team and he makes the final call. It wasn't like the Pats model wasn't already in place and Cal hadn't been chasing hiring Caserio for the last fifteen months. During which time knowing this Watson signed his 156 million dollar deal.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There are no red flags in his past

Dude gets passed over because he is black

Fulgore likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He actually has lots of red flags from his past

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Didn't we go through this already and show there was literally nothing?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not sure what’ve you heard.

raining threes likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

If the team can't keep their players and sole purpose is to punt at any chance what is the point of a team ?

The houston existings

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm well aware of Bienemy's past

Other than a DUI 20 years ago, nothing concerning.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lol. There's only 3 African-American HCs in the NFL, not counting Romeo Crennel since he's interim. (LAC, MIA, PIT). So 33% of AA HCs made it to the playoffs. That's pretty good, considering Flores' Dolphins won 10 games and Lynn's Chargers had a rookie QB in a tough conference.

That's not a bad year.

dookiester and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Speaking up doesn't equal "public tantrum." Nothing is going to change with Cal and Easterby if Watson doesn't speak up. Not that anything will change now (probably) but with the way Watson has conducted himself, it at least shines a light on the crap that is McNair and Easterby.

Let's say Watson "shuts up and dribbles" for the rest of his time here, plays out his contract to the best of his ability and gives every game his all. That doesn't change the fact that the on-field product is complete ass and that this team is still owned by McNair and still managed by Easterby.

You want to warp the narrative and say Watson is a whiny diva or whatever, that's up to you. But to single out Watson while ignoring the dumpster fire of the Texans is just such a strange hill to die on.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Doing what he's doing publicly only hurts the team.

You do these things behind closed doors or not at all.

Watson leaking that he's done in Houston unless the owner sells the team is not constructive criticism, it's throwing a tantrum because when asked his input about coaching candidates, they didn't take his list as the ONLY list.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty funny to see right wingers get destroyed in d&d ..disappear and now try to come in here and turn this thread political and attempt to shi*thouse a great dude in deshaun hard working "tough" player..all via trying to trash a black coach on another team. What a stretch to make Deshaun look bad..wanting to leave a poorly run team has nothing to do with it's future..by design a poorly run team has no good future. I know that's too hard for some of the Einsteins here.

To trash Deshaun when he hasn't said much- Talk about race focus, race bait and diversion? Umm?

Texans have sucked way before Deshaun was was in middle school ..trying to make Deshaun a bad guy is classic trash behavior from loser who can't hack it
    . just like losers here can't hack the d&d..there is a reason the hangout was separated because trash can't stop making it political bringing in politics all the time. To those of you that do that a resounding big

FU*CK YOU is in order.

We haven't forgotten and guess what FU*CKWAD? a zillion year old dude and a black chick is your president..as they say OWNED.

So rhankfully they were all owned here on this bbs left in shame mostly at election or before ( only to crop up like the pussys they are here)
    Come argue there and @EddieWasSnubbed and many others including myself will be happy to continue the brutalization there in d&d. Actually nevermind we won!! No need!! thankfully almost over this wednesday!!...whew we did it!!!

In the meantime let's stick to football and the fact this owership group is complete trash from 2002 and needs to sell today. This has zero to do with Deshaun and go take your Eric bienemy pics and stats and rub yourself all in it..if you think this is about Eric bienemy or Biden or 11,000 votes " cmon fellas" then well I can't help you nor can eddie or anyone..thats on you mang

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny to me that any of this is somehow political to some.

LOL, imagine being that kind of person. SMH.

20. Two Sandwiches

Oh yeah, the team is done. They better hope Caserio drafts well, because they will get no free agents after this.

Sad thing is, historically, the Patriots have not drafted well. This team is screwed.

Ironically, they made their bed because they refused to play ball when the star QB just wanted to win.