1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Any doctors or people with experience on Oladipo’s quad injury that can explain how serious it was and if returning to pre injury athleticism is possible?

I am lukewarm on the deal initially but if Oladipo can somehow return to 2017-2018 form and we extend him at a reasonable deal I would be even happier with this deal. Just don’t want to get my hopes up that he could return to that pre-injury level if it is just not possible. Seems like he is already at 85-90% but wondering if he can get to 95% at least especially since he is still young and has a great work ethic.

joshuaao and DrNuegebauer like this.
  2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Figured the rumors were overblown. Houston is a much bigger market than Indy and especially someone who is looking to be noticed in the music industry. It is not LA or NY but good consolation prize especially if he gets the contract he is seeking.

joshuaao and Ben Frank like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Looking at MPJ's numbers........why TF would they trade him?

csc177 likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

No way Denver trades Porter for PJ and House expiring plus three bad picks.

csc177 likes this.
  6. csc177

csc177 Member

Don’t get me excited with theories like this.

treyk3 likes this.
  7. csc177

csc177 Member

Emphasis on “this season” - he’ll walk once the contract is up

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm no doctor but i watched Dipo play before the injury and now, and he doesn't really look much different to me, he's still pretty fast and explosive, and he's not even playing btb games as today so, he's likely not at his best yet. I think his numbers dropped mostly cause before being injured he was the man in a much worse team, once he came back he had to play next to Sabonis and Brogdon. Last season he wasn't really putting up great numbers even before getting injured cause he had to adapt to play with those two guys and Warren, who are all guys that need the ball in their hands and eat a lot of shots.

jakedasnake likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m ready to see how he plays with Wall and Woods

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I was meh about the acquisition but I’m pretty excited about his potential here. He seems to be all-in. Let’s go!

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This will make fascinating viewing.

I am taking the view that Oladipo is just an expiring. If he plays well, we gain a valuable asset. Don't underestimate the return we could get in a sign and trade scenario in the off-season.

Best case scenario is that he plays well, Wall is healthy, Ego hits some shots (yeah, ok, lol).

joshuaao, ParaSolid and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Only reason is they are win now mode after last year’s run. MPJ and Dipo are both on short-term contracts. Dipo is very good at both ends of the court, scores more, good fit for Denver and Denver has good depth at SF. Both have injury concerns and both are trade assets. The extra picks make it worth it for Denver. The real question is it worth it for the Rockets, both will be expensive for the rockets.

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

because they are worse with him, and he doesn’t fit with Jokic. And he’s due to get paid, as soon as this summer.

ROXTXIA and pippendagimp like this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well one thing for certain Oladipo is going to play his ass off to get a new deal with someone.

Team is loaded with guys trying to prove themselves not divas. Should be fun to watch.

Dacamel likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How does he not fit in Denver? How would he fit here? (Sincere questions, for my edification.)

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Victor drops 25 in his 1st game

jakedasnake likes this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

On offense he’s ok, though limited by his role. Basically just relegated to a catch and shoot guy because the ball is in Jokic and Murray’s hands. Like Grant, he won’t get to develop as a playmaker in Denver.

The main issue is defensively. Right now, he’s a terrible defender. I’m not saying he can’t improve...he likely will with time. But at the moment he’s the guy targeted on every pick. Because of Jokic’s own defensive limitations, it’s a bad pairing.

Grant was really the perfect fit next to Jokic. Just a Swiss Army knife of the player that could do everything. But he wanted to expand his game...not commit to being a role player for the rest of his career.

it’s kind of a roster construction issue as well. If they max out MPJ, you’re talking about all of your cap being committed to 3 bad defenders, with no flexibility to fix it down the road.

raining threes, joshuaao and ROXTXIA like this.