1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson unhappy with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jan 7, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What a dumbass take, there was a reason y I called u da savage dck rider when u said savage would have been a better option than Watson.

Watson played under sht conditions and the front office have yet to do anything to improve our team, we seem to b getting shttier and older every year due to incompetence. I don't blame Watson for being disillusioned with such a dysfunctional franchise. I was surprised he didn't give up on us after we traded Hopkins for Jack sht.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's shown himself to be an idiot, every time he's shown himself.

Sad because he has an inkling of football knowledge. Not enough to make him of value, but he's wasting the little he has.

Sorry, I didn't mean to call him an idiot. But by his definition, and the associative property, he's definitely a low character individual.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Now I understand...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh....you and Raining Threes are peas in a pod. Go back to your hole.

5. conquistador#11

Sadly this is true. To follow up on this. Many organizations in sports have a 'bible guy' for counseling/ guiding but they don't tend to impose their will on players and want to deliver speeches to the team before game day. Thinking of other player vs owner beef that sorted out: Olajuwon. Owner sold the team tho. Dan Marino vs Dolphins in the 80s. That worked out.
    Jordan vs bulls ownership, Jordan got fed up, forced him into retirement. Barry Sanders v lions ownership, he quietly retired. Lebron vs Cavs. Nothing new with the beef. Watson saw what a fake Easterby has been and the moves that followed. Soon, we'll have "leaks" about Watson not being committed or wasnt a fit, when it's the exact opposite.

People should be on board with #4 because if the problem isn't fixed, it will be groundhog's day every day.
    people thinking a new qb will fix this, for a season maybe. But choosing a bad cult over players will set back this franchise enormously.
    The only thing is I wish Deshaun would just come out and say it like Dre did. You can tell Dre aint' about dat twitter life. Cal probably doesn't know Deshaun doesn't like easterby since deshaun treats people with respect something the charlatan does not.

Cal on Tuesday : "Deshaun,

What about the eses? Where do they chime in on this? I remember when Schaubie lost his arm eses showed up at his crib like
    [​IMG]

RunninRaven likes this.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Eberflus changed his mind and interviewed with us yesterday.

CometsWin likes this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This is the darkest timeline.

awc713, Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He did basically say that... but he also made it a point to say Easterby isn’t going anywhere so deal with it....

Nook and Commodore like this.
  9. conquistador#11

How is it even possible

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Probably because they really are going full Bible Belt... getting rid of all employees with various religious practices/backgrounds and only considering players who are Christians....

In my mind, that would be something that would translate to being “worse than it ever seems”. No Muslim players, no atheists, no Jewish players.... just slightly short of racial profiling.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

How quickly we forget about the great Sage Rosenfels!

[​IMG]

awc713 likes this.
  12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

This is why the Amy Palcic thing was a big deal...it foreshadowed this offseason.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Orlovsky has been pushing a narrative to get Deshaun out for a while now, so there could be an ulterior motive.

Not great here in Houston nonetheless.

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If true, I wonder if the NFL could force a sale ala Donald Sterling.

15. conquistador#11

Sounds like the mcnairs are experimenting with Eastergenics.
    Knowing how condescending Cal is I'm watching the discussion with Travis Johnson about social issues takes on a whole new meaning. He is just nodding his head probably thinking about dinner. Ugh, i dont want to be one of these fantasy sports brehs that just watches players.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Very possible Watson isn’t a Houston Texan next year because of the incompetence of the organization. Why should Watson have any confidence in a team ran by the McNair family? Their first priority clearly isn’t winning or a cultural reset like they have claimed. They have kept Easterby on while severely jeopardizing their relationship with their players and their best player. Even after there were clear reports Watson wasn’t happy, McNair kept Easterby on and was largely dismissive..... Watson tweets he went from 2-10 in anger... nothing changes.

The McNair’s seem to think they own these players, this isn’t some shitty slaughter house in rural Ohio full of illegal aliens that can be treated like **** because they need a job. These players are the workers AND the product. The arrogance of McNair acting as if ironing it out is almost an after thought and that “they won’t trade Watson”. Like they have a real choice! Ha the arrogance... we just heard another team in town operate the same way, but not as incompetent as the Texans.

I can’t blame Watson... if I were his father or agent, I would get him the hell out of town too because... “Some things never change.”... the Texans can send him to Miami for a package built around the draft pick the Texans “gifted” Miami.

17. Xopher

Xopher Member

Or every single one of those candidates could say "I am not going to that sh*t show."

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Multiple people in and around the Houston Texans organization believe Deshaun Watson has played his last snap with the team, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Watson is still upset with the Texans over, among other issues, the process they used to hire general manager Nick Caserio, according to multiple sources, leading to widespread speculation that Houston could trade the star quarterback this offseason or be faced with the real possibility that he could decide to withhold his services and not report if he isn't dealt.

One source told ESPN's Sarah Barshop that the Texans have had internal conversations about possible trade partners and what their quarterback position would look like in the future without Watson.

Watson has a no-trade clause in his five-year, $156 million deal with the Texans, and some team sources believe that the three-time Pro Bowler could force Houston's hand into trading him. The no-trade clause would give Watson some control over where he is traded because if it wasn't the destination he wanted, he could decline to report.

[...]

But a source close to Watson told Mortensen that firing Easterby would not resolve the issue, saying that "Cal McNair would have to fire Cal McNair."

The Texans are seriously considering Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy, sources told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. Watson has advocated for Bieniemy in the past, and sources told Fowler that the Texans' request to interview the Chiefs' top assistant is not considered an empty one.

But Bieniemy, who was coaching the Chiefs' offense in Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game against the Browns, is not conducting any more interviews -- even introductory Zoom calls with teams -- until Kansas City's postseason is complete.

Bieniemy also has not yet decided whether he will interview with the Texans, a source told Schefter.

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This part... wow.

Former Texans receiver Andre Johnson weighed in publicly this past week, tweeting that Watson should "stand his ground" and calling out executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.

But a source close to Watson told Mortensen that firing Easterby would not resolve the issue, saying that "Cal McNair would have to fire Cal McNair."

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perfectly normal for a QB to want to hand pick the GM, head coach, and owner of a team......or demand to be traded, right? Isn't that what the Watson apologists will have to be going with?