1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

No way. I’ll believe it when I see it...

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Probably old news by now, but...

red5rocket, Jwise44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Is that the same old John P. Lopez from way back?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Cal and easterby ruined us

DatRocketFan, Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well, I guess we're about to see what we've got with Caserio. I really wanted to go away from Pat's way, but he was able to convince the Colts DC to interview, that's a positive sign. What he does with HC search and player issues (esp DW and JJ) will set the foundation for this team going forward.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Over the past year in Houston, we've learned that the character of your star players matters as much, if not more, than their talent.

You get overly entitled whiny players, it doesn't matter how talented they are, you're sunk. The Texans and Rockets stocked up on that and now look at them.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Why even have a football team at this point?

The McNairs haven't cared about the few stars this team has actually had.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. awc713

awc713 Member

Watson is not an overly entitled whiny player. He’s just realizing the complete ineptness of this organization under Cal. And I don’t blame him. We are a dumpster fire. No one can succeed here. Watson is not whiny or entitled for realizing it and preferring that his career be spent elsewhere. Players risk too much to just suit up without asking questions. Good on Watson for putting his foot down. This **** is so bad it’s almost not realistic. We are the joke of the NFL and the greater sports world.

10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

The situation is bad right now but teams can go from bad to good pretty quickly. If they have hired the right gm, get the right coach, replenish their draft stock and clear out the dumb contracts after 2021 (Mercilus, Cobb, Murray) they can get it turned around pretty quickly.

UTSA2step and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

Exactly. But that post is a good example of how people in the front office will try to paint Deshaun as. I watched 2 national shows yesterday and they both praised what Watson did with his first paycheck. The country knows, only a few that never liked him to begin with will side with "management". And it's not just Watson, the president of the team is about to leave over how things have drastically changed, nothing to do with Watson. 20 years of loyalty.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Honey Badger with an int

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Best decision he ever made was escaping out of this organization and joining the Chiefs. Deshaun is trying to follow suit.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Welp, no way we get Bienemy now.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Eric B. has limited options now to be a coach. Really, it is almost the Texans or bust. Another year of him not getting a HC gig...just makes it tougher each year following.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because I know the Texans won't be waiting. I was hoping the Chiefs would lose so that they could get the interview alresdy.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So many franchises passing him is a red sign. I wonder if they are afraid of being #me too'd in the future or if from the interviews they realized that KC is in the same boat as the Pats before where it's the head coach that is responsible for the magic and all the assistants are just along for the ride.

19. Buck Turgidson

You could look at what Reid's assistants have done as coaches....

A bit different than the NE pipeline.

Major and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Major

Major Member

For 1st time head coaches that don't expect this to be their last job - Erin B is only 51 - it's better to wait a year or two and put yourself in an organization that sets you up for success than take a dead end job that sets you up for failure. The latter makes it less likely you'll get that 2nd opportunity.

Texans are more likely at this point to get interest from a retread like Jim Caldwell because they have much less to lose if they fail.