1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Steve Kerr can be wrong. And didnt Curry’s team beat Durant’s the season prior?

Draymond literally said to the man “ leave we don’t need you, we’ve won without you.”

Neither of these statements really have large barrings when we are evaluating players.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea probably. But that’s not gonna make me appreciate our former franchise player being a number 2 guy to Durant no less lol.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh yeah I am sure AD knows that and he plays for the Lakers so I'm sure Devin Booker is already packing his bags to go there. It's felt like a forgone conclusion for a while to me. If not booker, someone else, AD will attract another superstar and have his time.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL
    So Bitter

[​IMG]

Rocket River

Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I mean, if Harden were to average like an efficient 26 and 10 in the finals, but KD won FMVP averaging 32 points just as an example, that still elevates Harden’s legacy considerably. He might not be viewed as the man, but it’s not like he’d be Wade who was the #2 but nowhere close to Bron the years they won the championship.

unfortunately, winning a title as the man in Houston wasn’t gonna happen...17-18 was the shot, but an injured hamstring happened

if Harden went to Philly, he’d be the man, but I don’t think they’d be good enough to beat LA

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I’m surprised you’d be okay with that...idk if I would. But it’s definitely a plausible scenario.

we could have won the very next year if we had gone into tax :(.

Idk about that man. Joel looks really really Really good.

ksny15 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he wins while playing at a very high level even if he’s not the undisputed #1, it is still better than being the man and never winning...worst case for him is retiring ringless and being the next Barkley or Malone which was extremely likely before the move to BK

Embiid does look good, but I just don’t think they’d win it all

MettaWorldPete and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

F#ck Harden's Brooklyn Nets

hakeem94, RKREBORN and daywalker02 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

We can agree to disagree then bro, no biggie.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden just shows up and drops a triple double. Rockets are going to miss having a superstar like him who you can depend on each and every game. Role players will have nice games once in a while but they are by definition inconsistent.

Nook likes this.
  11. HardenVolumeOne

bro this is standard protocol for all former rockets.

Westbrook as a Wizard thread
    Jeremy lin as a Pekin Duck
    Dwight Howard as an atlanta hawk

and so on and so on

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he wins it all, would New Jersey be cheering or just New York?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Harden winning it all is very tough to think about, so I am not going to.

14. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

That Rockets Team was built around James’ style of play. You can’t just plug LeBron in there. Unfair comparison.

15. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

If Harden were on the Rockets instead of LeBron, would the Lakers still be Champ? No, right? Because they also play different positions. Your comparison doesn’t make sense.

Besides, what doomed the Rockets more than Hardens lack of killer instinct that year was their inflexibility. Keeping on jacking up 3s when it wasn’t falling while abandoning the midrange altogether was.... stupid. And exhausting to watch.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Some pretty passes there, but the surprise here: THEY USE THE MIDRANGE! James even rediscovered his floater.

But the paint protection by Orlando was also very soft.

Regarding his assists - a lot of them were those typical playground assists, where he attracts 2-3 defenders and passed it in motion to the open man. Some where nice P’n Rs though, did MDA also ran those in Houston? I can’t hardly remember.

It wasn’t the typical Point Guard Assists from halfcourt sets, but it was to be expected since he could hardly be expected to know their set plays.

But then, Harden was never the classic play maker CP3 was. That is the reason why his stuff don’t work as effectively in the Play Offs...

17. riko

riko Member

Harden is more of an instinctive playmaker where as someone like Chris Paul is more of a play caller and rigid. Harden plays is alot like his new coach did his hey day. Nash also played like that. Both have and had a great feel and could make plays just with their sheer brilliance.

roslolian and GermanRakete like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This what happens when GARMies
    Come to the Dish.

Rocket River

hakeem94, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure- KD, Westbrick and a bunch of scrubs that were has been a and never were’s got beat in 7 games by a team with 3 all stars only because Klay went nuclear. That doesn’t speak for Steph being better than KD. You’ve got a lot of good takes- this isn’t one of them. Nobody who watched them together thinks Steph is better than KD. When you factor in defense it just isn’t even remotely close. I say that thinking the world of Steph by the way. He’s jut not as good as KD.

roslolian likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I thought East was more competitive now but Celts just got beat by 25 pts by the Knicks do East is still trash apparently.

Seems like Nets are gonna cruise to ECF no matter what as so many East teams deteriorated for no reason like Raps and Miami. Hell Pacers got Levert and are intent on tanking but they are 3rd seed in the East. Orl and CLE have the 6/7th seed and they are under 0.500