1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo traded to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

He definitely isn’t the only asset available for LeVert but definitely highest reward asset we could have hoped to get for a Levert swap. As mentioned before, I think Stone has proven he is a buy low guy especially when the price you are paying isn’t excessive. Oladipo is the only proven star or near star you could get for Levert.

joshuaao, DCSLaw99 and dragonwill like this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I just think it gives them flexibility. If he balls out, gets along good with the team, buys into the culture, likes the city, etc then I could see them wanting to resign Victor. He's a very talented player no doubt. Extremely smart and very articulate guy. Basically it gives them a 2 month rental. If he hates it here, we don't win enough games, unsure if he'll resign, then I'm sure he'll be traded in early March. Just my guess.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The team wants to expand this trade eventually by adding another young star with some picks, the name I have heard is MPJ. Is a core of Wood/Wall/MPJ/Oladipo for the next three years not enough to have some hope of becoming a champion contender?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

No player of those who are going to be available next summer is worth a max aside for Kawhi, unless we think we have a real shot at him, it's fine to keep EG, he's the perfect player to keep cause he's not helping you winning games, and as the second best player on the team he could probably put up some really good numbers and boost his trade value while his contract also gets shorter.

5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

If that's the plan then I'm all aboard. That could be a top 4 team in the West for sure. Are you at liberty to share anymore information?

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think it could be. My pulse accelerated just thinking about it.

7. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I like it

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I randomly got lucky but was only given a few things.

I had that the trade was being worked on during the first lakers game, i had that the trade was done, a few minutes later I was told it was for Victor Oladipo 4 picks, 4 swaps, when I asked why in the world we wanted Oladipo I was told the team sees that he was once an MVP level player and that MPJ was a target. Haven't heard anything since. We will see if MPJ traded, I couldn't believe anything after the Oladipo portion and it all came to be, so we'll see.

me too, please don't post it on twitter or share my handle anywhere. I'm not an insider or anything but would like to hear more stuff and the more public this is, the less likely it's shared again.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If you make the max slot, you can keep using it going forward.
    Moving Ego is a priority- but, as you say, there is definitely time to wait (given that we suxxor) and hope that he rehabs value - it would make a lot of sense to try and get it done this season though

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Everything is possible, but i don't think he'll opt out unless he's offered a longer deal and a good amount of money, and i doubt that will happen.

I also don't know if/how many contenders will be in line to sign him at that point either, he'll be 33 so, probably declining but still too good to be the backup of someone else. Wall also looks like a guy that plays with a lot of pride so, i don't see him doing that, but who knows.

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm no insider at all (not claiming to be) but I had heard the same thing that the trade was being worked on "around" the first Lakers game. Also heard that Harden had already got wind of a trade was coming and that's why his epic post game rant occurred. Is a MPJ trade possible?

joshuaao, ROXTXIA and treyk3 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's what i'm saying, if there's no urgency to do it this year (no player to sign with a max), you might as well wait and meanwhile boost the value of the players you have to trade.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

PJ Tucker, Danuel House and 3 FRP (pick out of Det, Was, Portland, Millwaukee) (none of the Brooklyn picks though) seems like a pretty reasonable offer. I have no idea if there is a trade coming but I know the team wants him and thinks they can get him.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm very excited about the prospect of acquiring MPJ with some of those picks. I do hope that talks come into fruition. If MPJ is the diva people say he is then he won't accept being behind Jamal or Nikola. Crossing my fingers even though I am concerned about the back issues. We been burned twice already (Tmac and Howard).

joshuaao, whiskeyred and treyk3 like this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

At least he's playing tomorrow.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

that's really weird, I heard about an hour before it was public and I'm literally connected to no organization much less a player in the deal.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Plus he sucks.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He talks about winning a lot. Going to be really awkward when he finds out who owns the team.