1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I think we see it the same way. He's really incredible and I regret even bringing up trying to peg him in a historical list. And what I think I see in the "eyes" and hearts of some players is ultimately subjective in the extreme. I'm glad I've had the chance to watch JH and will still get to watch him, (with some complicated feelings about "what if" and "almost" in Rockets' red).

HP3, Reeko, rockbox and 1 other person like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Ok. I don’t disagree with that at all. Harden wins a ring that year with or without Paul in games 6 and 7 probably 95% of the time. I’m team Harden.

But Lebron is clearly a better player than Harden.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Winning as the best player on your team:(
    idk about that.

Curry also won it as the man. It’s also very debatable(imo it was Curry) who the “guy” was on the Warriors was. That’s why KD left. No one respected his rings. And now it’s like....oh here everyone sees me as the guy. No one will ever allow themselves to believe James is better even if he plays like it.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Philly would have been more balanced with JH.

D+O.

HP3 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clearly Lebron would have had better role players, he attracts better role players, that is a fact actually.

He'd make Houston a viable FA destination and also Sign and Trade destination.

That's like putting Will Smith, Pitt and Clooney out there, they have tons of friends.

JumpMan likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s Durant’s team but I’m not sure Harden is the 2nd best player on it. 1a 1b kind of thing.

GermanRakete likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden just wants a ring, and he simply wasn’t ever gonna win one as the man in Houston if he stuck around. He’d be playing for 1st or 2nd round exits.

Harden’s legacy is better with a title, even if it’s as the #2 guy behind KD, than it is just putting up numbers in Houston while winning nothing.

Mr Chuck Norris and YOLO like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Man look at what everyone is saying. Everyone knows what the deal is. This is a sad state of affairs. Its also weirder to me that Harden seems to understand that.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you saying with Lebron on 17-18 Rockets are guaranteed a chip even after CP3 got injured?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

He could have done all this in Philly. :(

And before anyone else quotes me. Me wanting James to go to Philly is separate from me not liking the Nets deal.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel like this is 100% true. Durant is in the MVP conversation and so is Lebron...but what about AD? He'll never win that award with Lebron on his team and even if Harden wins it won't mean as much as it would have meant if he won with CP3.

All it'll confirm is that he can play a major role on a championship team but there are going to be many that might say "Durant is the reason they won" depending on performances. It'll knock the 'choker' label off of him if he wins but I don't think it's going to for instance put him over Kobe or Wade.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

perhaps...Philly was on his list...deal just didn’t happen for various reasons

at the end of the day, winning in BK even if it’s not as the undisputed man is better for his legacy than staying in Houston and racking up more 1st and 2nd round exits

HP3 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron has 2 years on his contract, if his son signs for another team, he is off.

AD will have his own team if he has patience. Book it.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Are you serious? In the same post you’re quoting I literally wrote... “I don’t disagree with you at all”. If you insert Lebron instead of Harden it doesn’t guarantee anything. Harden also most likely wins a championship with the Heat if they swap places. Harden is a great player. But he’s not as good as Lebron. I don’t know how else to say it. But feel free to read that however you want.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Anyone debating whether or not Kevin Durant was the best player on the dubs was a brain dead moron. Everyone with an IQ above room temperature had KD as the best basketball player on that team.
    the reason KD left was because even though he was the best player on the team the team was always going to be Stephs.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Doesn’t really matter does it? If the Nets win a championship it’s going to require a great Harden, whether he’s A or B is immaterial.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

That’s really not true and the numbers don’t support that. Curry was the engine that made the Warriors go. Curry’s gravity made it easier for KD to operate.

GermanRakete likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Steve Kerr himself went on Bill Simmons after the title and laughed at the idea that KD wasn’t clearly their best player.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean it kind of does matter to me. Wether that matters to James is another story which sucks to me. I’ll still root for James to get his ring but this is all just leaving a bitter taste.

BigM likes this.