1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who inherits the Republican Party?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Oct 23, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He already did....

T_Man

2. Nook

Nook Member

I just donated $50 to Planned Parenthood and $100 to DNC in your name.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You are not thinking this through.

Trump The Grifter is not letting go of his easy mark, while there is still money in the mark's hands.

Trump 2024. Until the campaign starts in 2022, Trump buys OAN with Russia Oligarch's monies via Deutsche Bank and renames it Trump News Network.

Dubious likes this.
  4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Can we make this a poll? My vote is Lord Voldemort.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you be more nuanced on the anti-democracy rhetoric from the left?

Keep in mind the irony of your post. Subconsciously when a advocacy group or ad or well known person says "vote" what assumption do you make of their political leanings?

Which side is making a more conscious effort in reducing the amount of voters?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me
    Philippians 4:13

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont think the Republican party knows what to do with itself. Moderate Republicans have either stayed in the shadows or switched sides (ie: Gabbard). Elections tend to have each party retool their direction, so we really will not know until after the election. The bigger question is how will the Republican reel in the Tea Partiers/Trumpers and get some sense of responsibility back. There is no real leadership at this time. There hasn't been any charismatic Republicans in the last couple decades. Maybe Nikki Haley?

Im more interested in seeing what the Democrat party does. Biden is coming hard for that moderate vote. Will the lunatics on the left balk at their party leadership like the lunatics on the right did?

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Tea Party was Koch astroturf. They will be whatever the Koch's want. Its who the money wants in the next primary season. Crazy may be done and we get back to " Family Values".

I think its a sellable schtick, they won with Bush.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Even if Trump gets completely assblasted next week he isn't going to shut up and go away. The republican party will have to deal with the specter of trumpism until he dies and passes the mantle to some other hateful imbicile.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The Republican Party is in trouble no matter what... Only question is will it the Trump Republican Party or the Conservative Republican Party...

Rand Paul Warns One-Third of Republicans Will Leave Party if GOP Senators Back Impeachment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-warns-one-third-175520035.html

Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) warned Friday that one-third of Republican voters could leave the party if GOP senators vote in impeachment proceedings to convict President Trump. Paul made the comments in an interview on Fox News’ The Ingraham Angle.

The senator’s remarks come amid an increasing divide between congressional Republicans who oppose impeaching the president and a smaller number who support the measure following the riots at the Capitol on January 6. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) is reportedly hopeful that Republicans can use impeachment to purge Trump from the GOP, although he would need the support of at least 16 additional Republican senators to vote to convict.

“Look, I didn’t agree with the [Capitol] fight that happened last week, and I voted against overturning the election, but at the same time, the impeachment is a wrongheaded, partisan notion, [and] if Republicans go along with it, it’ll destroy the party,” Paul said during the interview.

“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”

While a majority of Americans believe Trump should be removed from office immediately, just 17 percent of Republicans support expelling Trump from the presidency, according to an AxiosIpsos poll released on Thursday. Support for Trump among Republicans has fallen since the Capitol riots; however, 60 percent believe the party should continue to follow Trump once he leaves office, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So... principles, ethics, and democracy be damned. As predicted. Got it, Rand!

Jayzers_100, malakas and Andre0087 like this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You bring up two great names. Tulsi Gabbard is a leftist moderate that can bring people together, her ideologies has appeal for both on the left and right. She has honor. Would lead a fight from the front and by example and has empathy for people and would protect and serve a broad group of diversity. I like that she is willing to go against the one direction mindset by challenging the squad and Hillary when she doesn’t agree or sees a conflict that needs to be called out, she presents herself as no side is always right and I respect her for that. She’s been in the political game since 21 and even tho she’s relatively young in her late 30s , has immense political savvy which is needed. ...also of republicans want to stay true to conservative ideals, Nikki Haley is definitely political savvy and has the experience and calming personality needed and she is super sharp and stands out at someone that is action driven by example of her recent PAC initiative. Both women would be a million times better than Trump

Space Ghost likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rand Paul was another one of those back in 2015 and 2016 who called Trump out for what he was. in Paul's words "a delusional narcissist" and "a fake conservative". Like Cruz and Graham he tied himself to Trump.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@cml750 , asking the georgia governer to "find votes" and encouraging a mob to riot on capitol hill to overturn an election is pretty anti democratic. People like you are too far gone and delusional though. I legitimately believe that your faith in trump > Jesus. If he were to be outed as a pedophile on video you would be making excuses for him.

You're part of a cult and I don't think you'll ever realize it. I'm not a leftist by the way. I support conservative principles, which Trump clearly does not.

Jayzers_100 and malakas like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No of those enablers still left will ever get my vote. No mask sit back and watch Trump do nothing but harm for years. They should have voted to impeach him the first time. They all knew what a liar and propaganda Spreader he was and NONE of them called him out this past year. If I ever vote Republican again it won't be for anyone in that White House right now, and probably never again.

The party has sickened and disgusted me. I now see their true colors. Money, guns, and greed. Let them all die until we get a vaccine, open up, and stop the lockdowns. Now sue sue sue to steal or change the votes. Bribe or threaten to get what you want. We need power. Pack those guns and walk the streets. It's your right by God!

Nope. Not for me. The Christian moral part seemed to have just been a farce. They don't care about anything with a pulse.

B-Bob and malakas like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Do you really believe the GOP can have a woman candidate?
    From what I have seen many Republicans hate women.
    They applauded and voted for Trump after all.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

there are many US women on board. Just look at the newer elected female GOP Q Anon nutters.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Republicans have already nominated a woman for Vice President so I'm pretty sure they would nominate a woman for President.
    [​IMG]

Many Republicans have used mysogynistic rhetoric and many of them are Republican women. It's an odd dynamic but not unheard of.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

Great campaign. Nails the money at the climax of her speeches.