1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 1/16/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have to admit I burst out laughing when I saw you say personal attack/name calling about someone else.

When you're the most petulant adolescent on Clutchfans and near every post you make reeks of your parents not buying you a happy meal on the way home.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

THIS YEAR "mathematician"

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont bet. but I'll personally tell you I was wrong if that happens. I have no problem with that. We can just stop these arguments if people werent doing "I told you so" after every game. We'll find out what Simmons will be in the middle of the season.

4. Asian Sensation

b**** please

5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm not arguing bro lol. It's cool to see things differently. But I just want to make it fun. How about we do it for $50 bucks tip jar?

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Who knew that the understanding of percentages and sample sizes required mathematician status?

7. Rockets4Life13

But he hasn't improved on anything since his rookie season? People like players under 29 or so not only because they have many years more of stardom, but also because they think they will keep improving. There's no indicator that Simmons will ever start shooting outside of the paint.

I, in fact, think that we are getting atleast 3 top 10 picks, maybe even more, out of the Nets deal. We can revisit that in a couple of years.

How can you even evaluate whether or not this deal is bad when you haven't even seen what the MAIN part of the deal will equate to? Accumilating picks is perfect for us and much better than a severely limited Simmons who, as i said before, won't net you anything.
    Just think about it, if almost no one here (including you) wants Simmons on the Rockets, how many GMs in the league think the exact same? There just isn't a market for a "superstar" (that's what he is, according to his contract) that can't shoot. No one wants that, in a league that moves more and more towards perimeter scoring.

hakeem94 and Htown's Finest like this.
  8. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Or not knowing the mathematical formula either for an "advanced metrics" you trying to use for an argument. Remember how that conversation went for you LMAO?

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro Lol, I really dont like to bet. Im not a betting person, really lol. My friends do this me all the time lmao and I always tell them nah lol. I'll just say you were right and I was wrong. Its' fine, most of the other "hof" agree with you on this Nets deal anyways. Im one of the few who really dont like it.

hakeem94 and Htown's Finest like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

b-b-b-b-ut name calling?

Thanks for blatantly proving the point kid.

I don't think many more people need you to prove just what a joke you are on here.

11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Fair enough :)

12. Asian Sensation

You’re the joker coming out of nowhere talking about petulant adolescent and happy meals and ****. “Foh”.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I do.

Numbers that don’t support your claims scare you.

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LMAO Not at all, not at all. You just got called out for trying to use bullshit numbers that you yourself didn't understand. But here's the post that you had NO ANSWER FOR...

This was @jordnnnn

"Can you explain to me how WAR is calculated? Don't use information that you can't explain bro. Nobody really knows how Kevin Pelton is getting these figures. Kevin Pelton has been asked on twitter many times to break down the formula but has stated that he will not. Analytics is a tool, and when used accordingly it can be very instrumental. But it's not the end all be all. You have to use those numbers in conjunction, with film, and proper game plan. A lot of these advanced numbers can be manipulated. Don't base your whole entire argument on the numbers, watch the games too. I found the WAR for the 2017-18 season and this is what it states.
    1. Damien Lillard 16.28
    2. James Harden 15.91
    3. Anthony Davis 15.89
    4. Steph Curry 14.83
    5. Karl Anthony Towns 12.78
    6. Kemba Walker 12.36
    7. LeBron James 11.49
    8. Kevin Durant 8.86
    9. Jamal Murray 5.79
    10. Lou Williams 5.34
    So based off of WAR are we really supposed to believe that Damien Lillard was the best value player in basketball in the regular season in 2017-18? Karl Anthony Towns and Kemba Walker were better than LeBron and KD too huh? KAT was the 5th best player in the NBA value wise? KD had the 8th best value of any player, and value wise Lou Williams was a top 10 player that year? Rafael Stone let's go trade Christian Wood and John Wall right now for Lou Williams. LMAO FOH with these useless numbers."

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Hey, remember that time I called you out and asked you for proof of something ridiculous you said.

And you never replied because you got put in your place?

Good times.

Wait, let me guess what your reply will be - something something, swear word, something something.

Ahhh. To be 12 again.

HP3 likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yes. I don’t need a refresher. Numbers scare you.

17. Asian Sensation

I didn’t respond cause you’re a lame ass kid. Thought I’d let you have the last word but you keep jumping in out of nowhere. Sniper sounds right... p***y ass b****.

18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Lol whatever you say "math boy"

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. HP3

HP3 Member

So at worst he's an athletic Draymond Green? There is no guarantee he wont improve though. He started shooting tonight right? It's nine games man, he's an all nba player, people would want him.

We wont be..I doubt it. The Nets arent a poorly run team. This could all flame out in one year and then they would actually have assets to rebuild and we are through(it wont though). They could win chips and resign and they still wont be bad. We will not be getting 3 top picks out of this, we will be lucky to get one.

How many people on here would give Gordon Haywaard the max? There are teams out here who would want Simmons, people discussing things on an NBA forum arent indicative of what GMs are thinking. He would net you picks that are more of a sure thing than what we have with the Nets. How can you say no one wants him? There are plenty of lower level teams out there that would gladly take him. Like its really crazy that you think there is no good market for a 24 year old All NBA player. Him, Maxey and first round picks is a good haul to flip for more assets. Now we are directionless and are gambling on the Nets being bad while also being mediocre...that's not a good thing.