1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is going to attract other players to come to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Jan 16, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s becoming to pop up on ppls radar. Google his name and the searches are gathering more publications. His style/brand of basketball is going to be much more attractive to other stars than Harden’s.

Tonight at the end of the game the Spurs got a steal at the end of the game that was basically over and Wood sprinted back on defense in transition to contest the shot. That shyt made me smile and proud. You don’t see in that situation the team best player still competing to contest a fast break in a meaningless poasiat that point. Dude is setting the bar high so his teammates will know what needs to be done and is expected of them to get to where he’s trying to accomplish. That type of stuff send a message to a young team that’s trying to develop an identity. I’m going to enjoy watching this kid play. He jsut gets it .

I’m ashame of my red flags thread I made.

I need to put his name in username

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Maybe he can attract CP3, Westbrook, and Harden? And maybe a top GM named Morey? Hopefully he can attract that

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Don't get your hopes up. He's great but I don't see players lining up to play under Tilman.

BallSoHarden, gatsby, Caesar and 9 others like this.
  4. pass_to_Hakeem

I truly believe winning and being known as a professional / classy organization will attract plenty of stars

Streakshooter, bmelo, fattz and 5 others like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

How many stars, superstars and FAs did Anthony Davis attract, while on the Pelicans?

I'll wait.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Houston texans is a prime example of y that thought is bullshit.

HP3 likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you guys think Wood will make 3rd team all NBA?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He couldn't attract James Harden

Boredhippy, saleem, mikol13 and 11 others like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Timeline isn't right.

He will be a jewel on an otherwise terrible team.

He will not be apart of our next "great" team.

Prop him up and then flip him for young prospects / picks.

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Seems like you guys make a bigger deal about him than players.

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No, because odds are the Rockets will be 10 games or more under .500, but if we flirt with sneaking in the playoffs that could change.

Denovo and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you think his stats will be good enough for All NBA third team?

D-rock likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He appears a diamond snatched from nowhere. THIS is what the Texans need with their no draft pick having asses.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Where basicly the Minnesota Wolves of the south until they get lucky in the draft. Expect tons of mid-level draft picks, until they just sell off Wall plus the Hurt Crew, Day in and Day out. and let Woods be the man punch with bunch young nbdl players, draftees, and 2 ways. Its gonna be fun 2 see. Draft good players.

This team has taken in all the elite injury prone semi good players now. They will be good for the tank. They need to scrap everyone making salary like Gordon, Wall, Dipo , and Cousins etc... This team just bunch in and out players who are constantly injured. They are probably the most Fragile bunch of stars in the league. They all need to be dumped at the deadline imo. Tucker works good with the young players, but hes too old.

If this contines to go on , id would sell at deadline. Let Wood play with 2 way players, and develop young players.

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He has a better chance at the MIP award.

saleem likes this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

you do that and Woods will request a trade. And I wouldn’t blame him...

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No one will want to hear it around here but so far his box score numbers look a lot nicer than the more meaningful numbers.

Not to say this is anywhere near a Westbrook situation where the traditional numbers don’t even remotely resemble his real value, just that we aren’t seeing HUGE impact metric numbers like some might think just yet.

Still really early, new team, probably the most inconsistent roster in the league so far and has no doubt shown plenty to be optimistic about.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Most Improved Player and an All-NBA team would get him headed that direction. We need to start winning though. Fortunately, the return of our roster to normalcy and a favorable schedule should push us that direction.

D-rock, mac_got_this and lilbird20 like this.
  19. Denovo

Denovo Member

If he keeps up his effort defensively yes. As it stands right now. He could take Simmons or Westbrook’s spot

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good thing Christian Wood isn’t Catholic Wood, I’d be scared what he’d attract, being so young and hot to start the season.