1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Yao said Karl is an a**hole, he will go ahead regardless to kick his a** in LA!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tian, Apr 28, 2004.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Spoke too soon. Thanks for responding

I think you may be too quick to say that your attitude is universal. It certainly is common. But, when the Rockets picked up Oakley, I wanted him gone again as quickly as possible -- though I was obviously in the minority. I'd rather lose with sportsmen than win with thugs. Fortunately for me, Oakley didn't have enough gas to stay with the team. I'll be equally displeased if we pick up Bowen or any of the other new-generation thugs.

* (Note to pgabriel: I refer to Bowen, Oakley and Malone as thugs because of their unsportsmanlike behavior, not because they are black.) *

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Yao dunks in Karls face tonight and causes Karl to take a bad spill that ends his career. Yao is a hero in Houston forever.

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

yes but what good are those muscles against the five point palm exploding heart technique?

4. CB4ever

CB4ever Member

Malone's out-to-hurt-you behavior is compounded by:

1) Whining to the referees about every call.

2) Getting almost every call to begin with.

3) Flopping against 180lb guards.

4) And winning against the Rockets via the cheat (Drexler body cavity search).

He was an inconsequential "gnat" before they beat us in the playoffs. LakerMania would feel much different if Malone had knocked Shaq unconscious with an intentional elbow and beat the Lakers in a playoff series.

To paraphrase Olajuwon: MVP's and Hall-of-Famer's that play like 280-lb, 5 yr old girls are not champions.

5. CB4ever

CB4ever Member

Oh yeah, swat him Yao. He's all show. (Make sure Cato is right behind you though.)

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

You ? Is Pissed?

:confused:

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

8. Nero

Nero Member

I Love It!! I Love It!!

"This is Cull Malone, now NBA cruelest sinister old fogy."

THAT one is going in the sig!!

ROFL!!!!!!

ps FREE THE NOCK PAKISTAN !!!!

9. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

man..i remember when he sweeped clyde away with the pick.. using his arms to bear-hug him and pull him to the side of the court.. that left stockton free for the 3 pointer to win..... i will always remember that series.

10. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

I'd be curious if you would still feel the same way about Oak if he was single-handedly propelling your team to victories in the regular season and more importantly, the playoffs. The Lakers record is horrid w/o Malone in the lineup.

A lot of Laker fans felt the same way about Malone as you did about Oak, but Malone with his play has won over at least 90% of them now. ;)

11. daRox

daRox Member

I believe he already said that he'd rather lose with honor than to win with thugs....if you've spend a little time reading, you've known that.

12. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

And I believe I said that people's attitude may change when a player becomes so pivotal towards your team's success....."if you've spend a little time reading, you've known that."

13. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Unfortunately Karla's play is NOT gonna win over the MAJORITY of basketball fans around the league.

I want karla killed in Iraq or be the next victim of Bin Laden.

Case closed.:mad:

14. Sane

Sane Member

It doesn't really matter. Evil doesn't win, ever:

Rockets 2 Cahmpionships
    Jazz 0 Championships
    Lakers with Malone 0 Championships

If Malone goes down, it's over, and you KNOW someone will go for his knee, win or lose.

15. zongt

zongt Member

I want to revenge, but I would never exchange that cheap old a*s's injury with Yao's injury. Wish Rox and Yao beat fakers to the mud and pull out a huge win. Kicking them out of playoff is the best punishment.

16. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Now that's some good ole' fashioned hate boys and girls. ;)

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When we signed Pippen for 1999, I swallowed my hatred for him and found a way to at least have lukewarm feelings for him. That blew up in my face. Never again will that happen. In the NBA, my enemies are enemies and I don't care who they play for. I understand the impulse to adopt the players who come in and forgive their past transgressions. I for one, won't do that again. I suppose I can't blame others for doing so. But, accepting a player and bragging about his dirty and dangerous play are different things. Not only do Laker fans seem to take the bad with the good with Malone, they seem to absolutely revel in the bad.

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I think you don't get it.

When Karla did what he did, EVERYONE outside of the lala land hates him; if Yao did the same thing to him, everyone outside the lala land would applause. It's Karla against the universe, good vs evil.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've had a similar journey with JuanValdez. I felt the same way about Pippen, and I hated it when Oakley was on the team.

I will say that I don't know that Laker's fans revel in the bad, just that their reality is shifted somewhat and they don't even see the bad. After seeing their message board and they were complaining about Yao's 'dirty' style of play, but defend Malone then I have to think reality has shifted for them.

20. coma

coma Contributing Member

With all this bad blood being aired in the media, the game tonight will be called very tightly.

Advantage: Lakers.

Yao is not the person to 'enforce' anything. If Yao tries to hit someone, that someone is going to pop him right back. As much as I dislike Malone, I don't need my future center getting a nagging injury for the sake of revenge. This is where Spoon becomes handy! After Game 1, he hasn't gotten any minutes. Let's give him some minutes against Malone and have him accidentally fall on his ankle. If not Spoon, I'd like to see Cato throw Malone down. Ok, I'll stop now, I feel my blood pressure rising.

Seriously though, the best way to get back at them is to extend this series as long as possible.