1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mason Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 16, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Harden bailed because he identified the Mason uprising coming.....saw his replacement and didn’t want to be benched

Bo6, chadyang, PatBev and 1 other person like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

KJ would benefit from g-league development. He’s really raw.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Once they change the rule again and allow high schoolers to go pro you will see a lot of guys like KJ who it would have done them a world of good to play a year or two in college. to refine their game.

4. R94

R94 Member

He made a few deep threes as well. Like where Gordon bricks so much from.

Bo6, vator and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Yep he is. Can we send David Nwaba to the G League as well? Asking for a friend...

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

For what? Nwaba is what he is.

REEKO_HTOWN and napalm06 like this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Is it me or does he looks taller than 6’4. Like he looks legit 6’6. I had to check his rookie card to confirm his height.

DCHAMP likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Didn't realize how good Mason is from 3pt range, really impressive start shooting from downrange. Needs to work on his ball handling and decision making, but overall pretty damn good game for being a rookie two-way player.

9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Hopefully with Oladipo and Wall coming we won't have to see Nwaba much.

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Indeed, if nothing else seeing a guy that nervous about playing hasn't happened to Rockets fans in a while. In front of limited fans lol...terrific potential though, you can see why they wanted to pick him up so young in the first place.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He went undrafted. He is doing much better than expected.

raining threes and Deckard like this.
  12. jayfree

jayfree Member

Mason Jones may replace my insistence on wanting DMO back

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nwaba hasnt been bad. I don’t understand your post.

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

21% 3pt, 50% ft, 44% fg, are not good numbers to me. Perhaps he's not 100% fully recovered from his injury because most of his offensive numbers are down this year despite playing more mpg. I'll reserve further criticism until a later date.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nwabada01.html

Bo6 likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don’t think he has recovered fully. His defense is important, but it will take time for him to get back into form.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Probably true

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea only thing he needed today was to look more for his own shots.

raining threes likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He can’t shoot and is a liability on the offense.

19. ClutchCity9495

I will be curious on Jones, don't want to overreact, but everything have seen when he has played been very positive. What I will be curious, this player is on 2-way contract, so he can't be with the big club all year and is allowed so many games, he has play with Vipers. Gordon will be back. But will this be another issue when time sign him full time to roster like we had with House negotiations and contract. We cannot let this kid get away, he needs to be one of our building block pieces. Great find and fits Silas system. I hope we have money free an the trade exceptions where we can sign this guy longer term. Kenyon Martin is a great athlete, has hops and drives well, but he should not be playing NBA yet, he was forced play sooner then he should. Very raw, he needs to nothing but work on a shot. You could tell when he went to the line shoot free throws, looks like a bad free throw shooter. Thomas been hurt, flashed one preseason game, but we haven't seen much then. Mason Jones deserves be a Rocket full time, the others need to go to Vipers. I like Jones to be our cheaper Gordon replacement if we can find a taker. But you notice we only hear Tucker name in trade rumors, not Gordon, bad contract. Nwaba, most are right, he is bad offensive player, he does play Defense and good motor, reminds a bit of Corey Brewer, that spastic energy, Tate has a little Brewer in him as well, they sometimes play out of control, difference is Tate seems to have other skill Nwaba doesn't have. I will say, I haven't been this excited to watch Rockets basketball in a long time. This team plays with Heart, and I feel when healthy will be much better. I think direction with these young guys are going to be dictated if any deals for Tucker, Gordon, House, and Oladipo. Actually, if he doesn't have drama, Oladipo fits this system and team rather well. If you notice, we are a way better defensive team, except for rebounds. I think Wood needs to improve in this area as well. We saw trouble he had against Lakers. He needs get stronger, if he is not, going to need to play PF and get an Alpha Center next to him. Things to watch before March trade deadline, if Tucker leaves, who slides in at that PF spot, we can't have a smaller guy not as strong as Tucker there. Also if House out of here, even when House struggles on offense, he brings a different length and athleticism to that spot. Can Jones replace him. I rather see Mason Jones play over Nwaba. I connect as a fan to this team, because for the first time we have some young pieces to see if they develop. Something we lacked since Capella. One thing I can tolerate if were not going to win a championship now, is to have hope for the future and see something being built. If we have some young pieces and draft picks, and if we can hit on some of them, we can develop. I hope we draft a future Center, a back up point guard that eventually can replace Wall one day, and more shooters. Shooters are what made Golden State so tough, in the past it seemed our team had to work hard for everything. Especially Harden, he was taken for granted, but his points always looked tougher than Curry and Thompsons, plus Durant length made it easier.

wolstein and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member