1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodions Kurucs Is A Diamond In The Rough for Rockets Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jan 13, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Him and KJ look real similar. Both young

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Give that rim a job!

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Dude, I wasn’t speculating. It is a fact that his case has been delayed https://t.co/P7vexQb7vb

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Jitters. Let him get some practice in. Rough night for sure.

carib, Little Bit and napalm06 like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

Didn't look good tonight. We'll see what he brings, can't judge off 1 game.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm hoping he can't read my post about his airball.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He is a super rough diamond missed a lot of wide open shots

8. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

remind me of ryan bowen but at least bowen can shoot!!

9. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Kuruks looked rough tonight. I liked his motor and athleticism but that pretty much sums it up. He has good size and could help us rebounding but won’t touch the floor if he doesn’t get better offensively.

pr0wler, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not only did he missed them , he missed them horribly...it must have been jitters, one simply can not be an nba perimeter player and shoot that bad?

pr0wler likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Was not as good as Harden's debut for the Nets.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

C,mon folks, he was first guy off the bench with a new team and no practice. He sees the court well and moved the ball. He didn't try to force anything and he was active on defense despite not having any time with this team. His 3-ball was off, but so was Tucker's--it happens some times, especially in the situation he found himself in today.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's literally not how America's court system works. That was a year ago. The courts are back open, they were closed for a few months in most jurisdictions and then they opened up allowing for criminal cases to be tried and delaying civil cases.

Something happened to the case that wasn't made public. A case involving assault doesn't go untried this long while the accused is playing in the NBA. It's more likely that COVID led to a plea agreement in this case than anything.

I agree, the reported accusations are damning to say the least. This case isn't still on the docket. He wouldn't be playing. He wouldn't have been traded to a team where the GM is a lawyer if there was a pending charge of that magnitude. We have no proof of a conviction and a case WOULD NOT be delayed this long.

You have 0 idea what evidence was presented and neither do we. The US court system is a mess and sometimes prosecutors talk out of their asses in these high profile cases. The fact that he was charged with a misdemeanor assault and not felony should also indicate that whatever evidence they have wasn't as damning as you're making it out to be.

I hate that I'm defending these actions that if true are reprehensible and not something I would forgive, but you keep talking about them everywhere as if they are fact.

I found this.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0200706-cv7y7r4infhw5k4b2dewzpefbm-story.html

so something should have happened November 24 or earlier. Definitely strange circumstances.

#133 treyk3, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Tucker missed a lot of shots, but Kurucs has missed them badly... like 'hes not an nba player' badly

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

A diamond in the rough.... so like carbon, basically?

hakeem94 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  16. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

For what its worth, he was a +13 on the floor tonight...

17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Watch his draft tape and his first two years on YouTube. He's got a consistent stroke when he's comfortable, he was obviously not comfortable tonight and was using more upper body and not engaging his legs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Diamond in the Rough?

Key word (Rough)

It was definitely (Rough) tonight for him

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He does have a season of good 3 pt shooting.
    He’s young, athletic, long, reportedly good defender and supposedly a good 3 pt shot.
    There are some skills there that can translate.

Between him, Mason, KJ I could enjoy watching them grow.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The latest reporting I have seen was from Adam Schiffer, the Nets beat writer from The Athletic. He wrote that he believed the case was still ongoing and had not been settled, that was Nov 25th.

I do not 'keep talking about them everywhere' as fact. Nowhere on this thread did I say that, and on Twitter tonight during the game I brought it up again because the Rockets broadcast were talking about how he had looked promising in his first couple of seasons, but then he had lost playing time and hadn't seen the court much last year. If you're watching that as a fan without knowing his story (like many people did not) you're thinking 'oh, sounds like he didn't get a chance, maybe we snagged a good one!'. I think the broadcasters should provide the proper context, that yes maybe it was a roster squeeze, or maybe it was because he has been accused of choking his girlfriend.

treyk3 likes this.