1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 1/16/2021

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Jan 16, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I cannot tell you how happy I am we didn't acquire Ben Simmons. Overrated as hell with zero moves offensively or jump shot. Right now he's 2-7 shooting with 5 assists and 5 TOs.

2. Asian Sensation

Imagine actually believing that and trying to sound credible with anything else you say. ****ing LOL!

Htown's Finest likes this.
  3. Asian Sensation

@HP3 salty AF we didn’t get him.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

I didnt want him...I wanted to flip him. One game isnt indicative of his play. I dont like this gamble for the Nets deal and I will continue to say that man.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol...you are like a factory of bad takes. Do you want me to pull the times you've said Lillard and Jimmy Butler were better than Harden....please. Harden is better than KD. And I'll continue to say that too.

6. Asian Sensation

You said you wanted Simmons cause “I believe we can tank with Ben Simmons.” Yes, let’s trade for a $30 Million guy and tank with him or hopefully flip him for other assets” Both takes are dumb AF just like you thinking Harden is better than Durant. Gtfo

7. Asian Sensation

Lillard and Butler would never ride the bench like a bum the entire 4th quarter of an elimination game or lose at home by 40 with the opposing teams best player out.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No, I said I wanted Simmons because OTHER teams can tank with him. Sheesh man you cant even read posts correctly. He's a 24 year old All star at worst, you are dumb as hell. Thinking Harden is better than Durant isnt really that controversial when you get into the numbers. But you dont do that. LMAO. The man went toe to toe with Durant with the Warriors with Cp playing bad and lacking wing depth and you STILL say this lmao. Sad.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL Butler lost in 5 games to Harden and Lillard got swept by AD as a 3rd seed. Keep trying.

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I actually think Simmons lack of value is the underreported value of the whole trade. Knowing we would have wanted to swing Simmons the way we did Levert as opposed to being hampered with a guy making 30+ million over the next few years, I really don't think there were many takers willing to absorb his contract in comparison to production as we were able to get with Levert. Heck, the Pacers continued to trade even after discovering the medical issues in the physical and see him as a part of their future, and I don't think they were at all interested in taking on Simmons.

11. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You're so hurt right now LOL.

Harden's coming for that ring, bud.

12. Asian Sensation

Goes “toe to toe” with Durant for 3 games yup that settles it James Harden showed the world he’s above Durant’s level. Bum ass couldn’t even sniff a game 7 with no Durant.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Guys seething in here lmao

HP3, Reeko and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Asian Sensation

Actually I’m ****ing thrilled buddeh! It’s been a celebration all week. Just watch Harden fails again in the playoffs I’ll look forward you your fanbois excuses.

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Can't wait man.

HP3 likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

so the people complaining about posters posting about games that happened tonight are in fact not posting about the games tonight? am i seeing this right?

TimDuncanDonaut and HP3 like this.
  17. Asian Sensation

I have no reason to be mad Harden is gone. My wish came true. It’s you delusional ****fanbois that say dumb **** like Harden being better than LeBron, Steph or Durant that’s maddening.

18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden is more talented than Steph. That's just a fact. More physically explosive and a higher level playmaker.

Harden is the 3rd best player in basketball behind Bron and KD currently.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I think it was pure luck these guys played great together, it was just one of those things that rarely happen. Ariza and Luc were playing out of their minds, Gordon couldn't miss. But none of these guys were premiere players, they were all journeymen. They all had either bounced around elsewhere or never lived up to their potential due to injury. I don't think this team was Morey's dream team, it was the best he could put around Harden/Paul/Capela....

In fact, Morey never put a true star in his prime next to Harden. Not a single one. The closest was a broken down CP3 and they almost went to the finals. Howard was already declining, Westbrook? lol, not a single star in his prime. That's what bothers me from people blaming Tilman, its not like ownership came in and literally ran off Durant, Clay Thompson and LeBron... Harden did not want CP3, which led to a bad trade that led to another bad trade that led to this current team. It sucks, but its how it played out. Morey jumped ship before it sank and MDA soon followed. But some here want to hold Morey and MDA in high regards despite the fact that they destroyed The Rockets future with their bs experiments and when it crumbled they left.

20. Asian Sensation

lmao