1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Correct. I think my Rockets fandom is so much stronger because they were THE team in town when I was growing up and the Oilers left. I didn't have a reason to care about football until the Texans came around so my formative fan years were football-less.

The only Texans merchandise I've ever bought is a hat and I haven't been compelled to ever care much more than that. Watching BOB ruin the prime of this team and now the owner drive out the best quarterback they've ever had doesn't really make me want to devote energy to this team.

bigreg and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Does anyone else feel like they are stuck in the twighlight zone? The ineptitude of this franchise has reached unfathomable levels. It’s almost like they are personally trying to sabotage this franchise

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I forwarded a link to this thread to Cal.

[fingers crossed]

mikol13, 523744, gatsby and 3 others like this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I was raised and lived most of my life in or around Houston, actually met my wife due to watching a rockets game...memories of my childhood in Huntsville, Spring, Kingwood, Humble/Atascocita can never be replaced but live in Nashville now and completely understand...still love the Texans, not so much a rockets fan now but man they need to keep Watson or just have a sit down and get a agreement

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

Definitely. what's weirder for me is that after the gods struck Yao in that Lakers series in 2009, I made myself a promise to not get too invested over sports to the point where it gets me in a bad mood outside the internet. As the seasons passed and the Rockets or Texans choked a series or a game I'd always post this video in the game threads:

It's just a game.

Now this organization has managed to put me in a bad mood in real life. Incredible. The only thing I believe jack is telling the truth are those death threats. I recall when Schaubie lost his arm, he had eses visiting him at his house to burn jerseys.

6. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I use to totally invested in the Rockets was a diehard fan, but was consistently let down in Harden era. With the Texans I have been a true fan since it’s inception because I was old enough to remember what the city was like when the oilers left. I feel this franchise has officially hit rock bottom. I find myself completely frustrated by everything that has transpired the last few weeks.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Hey, Anna Megan Raley (remember her?) contacted me angry about stuff I said on here. Easterby is apparently sending DM's to his critics on twitter. It could happen.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Same here. I'm a die-hard Houston sports fan but I've never seen such a terrible situation with any of our teams. If you care about winning, you do everything possible to keep a talent like Watson. I've never been a player only fan, but if he leaves, his new team will have a new fan.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Despite all the big talk, no one here is going to stop watching -- you are all too invested. If Deshaun Watson is traded for a compelling return (i.e. the mother lode of draft picks), then 99 out of 100 fans will stay, despite their grandiose pronouncements about quitting the team. It's really hard to just drop your support for an NFL team cold turkey.

I'd fully back trading Watson to Jax in exchange for the #1 pick + a couple of decent guys back. Then trade #1 for a Herschel Walker style haul and fill up the cupboard. It would be fun to watch.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meh. It's easy to stop watching a team you know will win less than 6 games per year for the next five years plus.

FR0497, gatsby and everyday eddie like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There’s only one trade I would accept, and that is Trevor and whatever other picks you can get from them.
    I doubt Jacksonville would do it unless Urban pushed it.
    There’s no guarantees at all but it would put same type of talent and fix the time frame with rebuild.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If we could get that sexy Clemson dreamboat... game over!

Fantasma Negro and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I stopped watching already. I gave up on the Texans until BOB was fired. After he was, I watched maybe 2 midseason games out of boredom. Seeing Watt's dejected expressions, I couldn't stomach it anymore. If the owners let Watson go, I can't care any less for the Texans until the team is sold.

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

I've stopped watching the Texans for the last two seasons because I was adamant on not watching till BoB was fired. God bless, if Easterby stays and that causes Watson to be traded, I'll just support another team completely until Cal McNair sells the team even if he doesn't in my lifetime.

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Now this man has amazing hair.

[​IMG]

Bandwagoner and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

same. I've watched 2-3 games over the past 2 years or so. I've been waiting for BOB to be fired. Started watched again when he was. But if Deshaun is gone, so am I. And for good. Not much of a transition to having no team when this has been your team. I'll just root for players on my fantasy team.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Meh. You can keep rooting for an organization that doesn't care about winning. I hope you feel like it's money well spent.

Or maybe you're not spending money, and that's why it ain't a thing for you?

I've gone to see them play any time they play within 200 miles from my house. I pay for league pass every year to watch them. I have countless jerseys, hoodies, hats, etc.

Gone are those days.

You watch countless guys like Watt and what he does for the city, only to have his career wasted. You see Watson donate his first paycheck to team employees, only to be knifed in the back for wanting to create a winning culture. You see O'Brien advance through the organization and mortgage the future. Or a guy like Easterby send the best offensive skill player the team has ever had (arguably) away for peanuts.

This team is a laughingstock of the league. They have the greatest guys in the league on the team. And they want to become more wholesome? At the sake of sending away two of the best ayers the franchise has ever seen? In their primes?

What a joke.

DVauthrin, FR0497 and donkeypunch like this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Get Jacksonville on the phone now!!!