1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers felt Houston did not call them back for a counteroffer before Brooklyn deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I think its damage control by morey TBH... he dropped the ball by not including Maxey. I think if he had agreed Harden would be in Philly.

morey knows he fukked up.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

This is a bad way of looking at it.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One way or the other, I have no sympathy for Morey, he's a snake.

How's spending time with his family going?

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You really blame Morey for leaving with a boss like Fertitta?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. I blame him for being a scumbag who lied to get out of his contract. Of course he should have been mad that Harden destroyed the team by being a braindead over entitled diva, but that's no excuse to disgrace yourself.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol He wasn't. Thinking he was going anywhere other than Nets is a bad way of looting at it.

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He did what he had to do. Personally I wouldnt want my boss to come out and say "im all about championships" then turn right back around and cut costs where he can. Didnt Fertitta also push for the WB trade? Weak.

HP3 likes this.
  8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This "Ben Simmons is worth a metric ton of assets" premise is also pretty flawed. The entire league knew this potential trade was going down. If they wanted to jump in the middle and give us a young cornerstone plus all their draft assets like BKN did to get Simmons they could have done it.

I'm not a Simmons hater, but some folks seem to be overrating him now largely as a reason to get mad at the owner/front office.

joshuaao and BallaDoc like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't have to disgrace himself, a person with even a little bit of character wouldn't have.

Fertitta forced the trade because Harden demanded that either the trade happen or he be traded. Had Fertitta told him to piss off and let the people who have fully functional brains handle the roster, he'd have just pulled this BS a year earlier. Harden being a simple minded over entitled diva made it a no-win situation here.

Since that disastrous trade was forced by Harden it put the franchise in a terrible situation moving forward which is why Morey disgraced himself by lying to get out of his contract......and eventually after realizing that he destroyed the franchise, Harden demanded to be traded and started to actively sabotage the team.

Think what you want about Fertitta, but when it comes to the 3 of them, he might be the best of the group as sad as that seems. The other 2 are absolute garbage.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Nope. Yall are just taking any deals now. You refuse to believe there was something better on the table even though Morey has given compensations to get superstars lol.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Simmons would have netted us assets. No matter what you all say it is ridiculous to think we could not have flipped him for good value.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Better value then THREE unprotected first rounders?

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Possibly yes loll, I would rather get one or two sure fire picks than BANKING on the Nets being trash in those years. You have nothing to guarantee those picks are good..absolutely nothing. And the Nets are not a poorly run organization.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But whatever team you flip simmons to will for sure not be horrible, because they will have simmons and whatever else is on their team, so you have a 100% chance of not getting a premium asset if you get simmons

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Simmons is 24 years old though. Why would they have to be good?

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Because a team with simmons plus whatever isn’t gonna be one of the worst teams in the league.....they won’t be great but not horrible

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I disagree, I believe they absolutely could.

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If I were Morey, and I didn't think Harden (given his pluses and minuses, and the assets Philly would lose) was worth upping my offer to outbid the Nets, I would put out word to the press that the reason I didn't outbid for Harden was that I wasn't given the chance. Because in a couple of years, Harden gets to choose where to go, and I'd want him to think I never doubted him and always wanted him.

joshuaao and withmustard like this.
  19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

He would have netted picks but likely nothing close to the haul we got. What you can get always depends on leverage but if someone wanted to give up that much for Simmons they could have just done it now. If he's not worth that for a team now then it's less likely he's going to be worth that with a year or two less on his deal after Klutch is trying to get him to the Lakers play with Anthony Davis or whatever.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

The Nets will be garbage in 2-3 years. The deal we took is fine. Majority of those 7 picks will be lottery.

ChillyPete32 likes this.