1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade not complete yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

let's grab duncan robinson and some future firsts from miami. that'll pair well with our nets picks :)

2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

100% agree. Just saying this idea by some (not you) that herro or something real fo significance is going to Miami for dipo is delusion. Miami has a real shot at beal, if not beal another star will shake loose. Riley has the vantage point of Miami a true destination. He won’t get desperate

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Miami never been a big destination for the NBA. Dwayne Wade couldn’t get anybody to come their to play with him(and that was after he won a championship in 2006) until he talked to his best friend

roslolian likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

The only value Oladipo has to Riley is that he may help them this season. I am not sure that is even worth a#1 to him. The Rockets are not getting any good young players for Oladipo.

Boston84 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If he doesnt want to play here to earn his contract. Why would we have to even deal with Heat? We would of already found the best deal on the table for him. I would think that would be from the Hawks who would have money to spend on him. Id take Collins and Heuter for Victor. I bet collins would say f--- it and take a cheaper contract here to play next to Woods.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

People are overrating Vic's value right now. He's not even worth the player we sent out and the only reason that trade ever happened was because of Oladipo's expiring contract.

Icehouse and Nook like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't either. I've been telling others we will receive Andre Iguodala and semi protected FRP and we will like it, which I am fine with it if Oladipo is going to bolt anyways during free agency.

Reeko likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. That's been my position. Posters here are fantasizing about Herro and Robinson lol. I'll be happy to get an FRP out of him.

steddinotayto, Boston84 and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not getting Collins for Oladipo’s broken down ass.

Boston84 likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Not absolutely true. He is healthy now, and if the 17-18 Victor reappears, just like everyone is seeing flashes of John Wall. The rockets might keep these players. His value will skyrocket. So id assume the rockets say come here play with these guys, and will test you on the market. But if he really doesnt want Houston wouldn't you think it would of already been reported.

This is a perfect place to Get the rock, and explode to show the league what you got gimme break. They have no real scorer here. He will come here and score 24 per and probably raise his value so rockets can get good trade going at the deadline.

I package Him, Gordon, Tucker and 1st for a young star player to play around Woods.

roslolian and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That is contingent on whether the Heat are looking like championship contenders again. You and I both know that you need to strike when the window is open and worry about the rest later. Oladipo would be a really good option to have on top of Butler, Herro, Robinson, and Adebayo. Hell, Rockets could even include PJ and I believe Miami will definitely throw the FRP in there.

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Tucker and Oladipo

for

Precious, Robinson, Iggy, and Olynyk.

Who says no? Aside from Miami.

Bo6 and steddinotayto like this.
  14. steddinotayto

See this is something I can see happening rather than any scenario where we get Herro back. Riley's holding onto Tyler as bait for bigger fish. If he didn't want to give him up for Harden, why the hell would he give Tyler up for Vic? Makes no sense. Duncan Robinson, however, should be obtainable...same with Precious.

Bo6 likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

His value is what another team is willing to give up for a player on an expiring deal coming off a serious injury. Sure, there could be teams on the playoff fringe that could be desperate enough to trade for him using picks but I don't think anyone should hold their breath on getting a "young star player" in return for Vic or Vic and whatever package we send out.

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Precious would look really nice next to Wood.

Bo6, roslolian and steddinotayto like this.
  17. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

i agree we need some better shooters or at least one sharpshooter then this team can be a whole lot better because we have players that can play defense

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody is gonna be dumb enough to leave guaranteed money on the table. Dipo isnt on a rookie deal he is making 20M this year. 2 mos of docked pay is a huge chunk of change to forego for an uocoming free agent.

Jwise44 likes this.
  19. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

If they give us precious+ we take it and run

I don’t think they will, though. I think pat is patient so it’s either we take pennies on the dollar or they wait for offseason. Or they could go for beal.

I’d love to somehow come out of all this madness with precious and hield.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Rockets executed this deal as two trades. They did it that way in order to generate a larger trade exception ($15.4m I believe).

Because of that Oladipo has no effect on the Brooklyn/Cleveland trade. That trade is already completed. No chance that Harden can get sent back.Same for all players in that deal.

If Oladipo refuses to take his physical, then the Rockets could void that trade and would get Levert back. Indy could then fine/discipline Oladipo. I believe that the Rockets other option would be to waive the physical and complete the deal. Of course, that could be a risk to accept Oladipo without getting a chance to check out his actual health.

yixiixiy, mikol13, jch1911 and 2 others like this.