1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Harden has his character flaws for sure, but there are a myriad of reasons why we failed to reach the Finals while he was here. Most of those reasons were out of his control.

2. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Will Harden write a goodbye post I wonder..

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

too soon for me. I'm sure with enough time we will have fond memory of his time with the team. But his handling of this was very Tmac like.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is exactly what happened. I am no fan of Tillman, but he has a right to reset the culture of a team he owns if he thinks it needs it.

DD

5. Damion Laverne

James made us relevant again (won 8 playoff series in 8 years).

I’m afraid of the uncertainty that we’ll be faced with.

The 15 years prior to Harden weren’t pretty (ONE playoff series won in that entire period)

AXG, gotsis, Htown Legend and 2 others like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The run was over and it was a good move to reboot & rebuild.

Mr Chuck Norris and Sajan like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That's exactly right! He took this team from barely making playoffs to where atleast 2nd round was expected. I think he only came close once to winning it all (cp3/luc injury year) but he made us relevant almost by himself.
    We got to enjoy atleast 3 mvp worthy years and got to witness things like the 32 games with 30 or more points. 3 straight scoring titles. We had never witnessed that in houston. He grew up on front of our eyes. I'll always be appreciative of that and for now, he is my 2nd favorite rocket of all time.

8. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

I will never forget the time and place and what I was doing when I learned we traded for James Harden. I was enjoying an ice cream at a buffet, and I swear I never had ice cream taste as sweet, knowing that the Rockets were on to something special. Was it really only 8 seasons? It sure as hell felt like 18 to me. He made us contenders, infamous & popular again. He gave us great basketball and he gave sex-workers in Houston generational wealth (JK, I hope). He is the second best player the Rockets have ever had. Hakeem forever. I was really hoping he could finish his career with us as a Rocket but not everyone gets to finish a career like Kobe (RIP) or Dirk (BOO) or Timmy D (boo). I really thought he could've gotten us L.O.B Number 3, but all good things do come to an end, and this is really f**king bittersweet. I never hated James and the closest I have was when he had to say those words in that presser; believing that the Rockets- his Rockets, our Rockets- were no longer good enough. I just hope that in the coming years he can find his way back into the arms of a city that loved him, fought for him and gave him everything it had; or at least come to peace with his time here. I also hope that when he gets to Springfield, he talks about being a Rocket and how it gave him some of the best times in his career & life.

I can't help wonder why this had to happen again to one of our greats. Hakeem had to wear Raptors purple for a season; Mad Max quit on us, as did T-Mac.

With that being said, I look forward to this new era. I believe that Coach Silas can establish a Rockets culture that we badly need ever since the days of HOFer Rudy T. (about god*amn time).

Thanks for the memories, stepbacks, sidesteps & THE side-eye, James Harden.

chadyang, cbs1507 and gotsis like this.
  9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wish I got to Harden as a Rocket in person one last time..

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Sports fans tend to forget how many variables and how much luck is involved with every championship, and just attribute everything to how good the star players are. Having the best player in the game is valuable, but still a minority of what will get you to the promised land, or Jordan and LeBron would each have 10+ rings.

Remove Scott Foster from existence (let alone keeping Chris Paul healthy), and there's a good chance Harden is hoisting a trophy or two in Houston, and none of the bickering, pouting, drama, unnecessary hate, disrespect, or revisionist history that now surrounds the Rockets, Harden, and their fans ever happens. Everybody recognizes The Beard for the amazing performer he is, and he has his rightful place in Rockets and basketball history with the greatest of the greats... <sigh>

But regardless of how ugly the end here was, I'm grateful for the memories, James. You played your ass off for us, made us relevant again, and were the best thing to happen to Houston sports since Hakeem. You were one of the best ever, no matter what the critics say. And in the modern era of player empowerment (not to mention having a sh!tty owner), you stuck with us longer than I could have reasonably expected. While I hate to see Durant get another one, I hope you get your ring in Brooklyn in MVP fashion.

#130 SuperMarioBro, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  11. SunsRocketsfan

We were never going to win the chip with harden anyways. Also I don't know how old you are but the francis years where we sucked were more fun to watch than iso james harden.

Did you watch tonight's game?.I dunno about you but the team play and hustle was so much more fun.

Harden became a fast spreading cancer in the locker room and dragged everyone down

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Loveable scrappy aww they so fun to play look at little sterling looka jaesean ain’t he so cute diving for deh loose ballz.. lmao. I want rings **** all that. And it wasn’t happening with or without harden. And it’s not happening under Tillman at all.

HP3 likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

For me, losing and winning isn’t everything. Constant isolation is freaking stall and boring.

14. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I am confused thanks for what? It’s like you thanking your ex wife after she took everything and left.

Remember Harden was coming off the bench until Houston made him a Super Star and gave him a large contract.

He ran off everybody Houston got for him to help win a Championship. Starting with Dwight Howard and the Chris Paul and then Russell Westbrook. Never even made it to the western finals.

chadyang likes this.
  15. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Did anyone see what Shaquille Said on TNT. Exactly what I said:

16. jojolover

jojolover Member

I am still a bit puzzled by how some fans can just so quickly ignore these 8 fun years James had brought us, a period when the Beard is the synonym to the Rockets. James is a generational talent, and I am very proud that it is the Rockets where he blossomed. He did not solidify his place in the history of basketball in 2018, and he had almost certainly lost that unique opportunity forever. I don't blame him for leaving the team and the way it ended, as I can't really think of another more palatable way.

Thanks very much for all those great memories. All the best and wish you win a meaningful ring soon.

split41, joshuaao, cbs1507 and 2 others like this.
  17. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

MDA and Harden deserves a ring, hope they get one together.

chadyang, joshuaao and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope they don’t.

Some of y’all some Cucky mfers

19. AXG

AXG Member

I'd rather win boringly than lose entertainingly.

20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

These "championship or bust" posers are the same people who are just fine with losing seasons so long as they get their "play hard" and "beautiful" basketball.