1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade not complete yet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity9495, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Right but pat is a big game hunter and as of right now oladipo ain’t that and he has real injury questions. He’s gonna at least hold out hope to see what happens and you are right, Miami is a free agent destination why would they give up assets for a guy whose made it known he wants to be there?
    And if he stays in Houston because he plays himself into a new contract or he likes it there, they can always sign someone else

Mr Woods, aelliott and RustyHarden like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Got it. Thanks a lot.

RustyHarden likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

How many people predicted Miami wins it all last year?
    Yet if no injuries to bam and dragic at most innopportune times they champions now....

RustyHarden likes this.
  4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Not champions.... But they could of at least competed. Let's be honest. That Laker team was strong. And they're even better this year

BHannes2BHonest, Patience and saleem like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I kinda danced around it because ultimately Houston can or could back out of the deal because they won’t get the picks promised would change from original deal or deals; but none of the teams want to take back their players.

We saw Horry have to come back from a reported trade and I believe Sean Elliot due to one reason or another. D-Mo as well. Harden, LeVert, T Prince, Kurucs, etc all probably don’t want to return to the
    original teams.

I believe Houston is currently working the phones in an attempt to move Dipo. This is why I answered the question, “I am not sure how this all plays out?”

I like 6’6” LeVert on the Rockets and I believe that’s where he may end up staying. If that’s the case, we can’t very well trade Dipo at the trading deadline. A lot of, “what if’s” need to be sorted out, first.
    @saleem

Article from Pacers Bleacher Report
    https://www.thedreamshake.com/2021/...taking-so-long-houston-rockets-indiana-pacers

#125 ApacheWarrior, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  6. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

That has Nothing to do with James Harden. He is never coming back to Houston. Now Lavert might have to come back to Houston but not Harden.

7. Rockets4Life13

He would give up assets because they dont have any cap space to sign him in free agency.

if they really want him, they have two options:

give up assets for oladipo and get him via trade

give up assets to unload contracts to sign him in free agency.

even then, they might still nit have enough cap space

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

people keep talking like Oladipo is some sort of all-in move for Miami...he is not that big of a difference maker, and Riley isn’t dumb

Bo6 and Boston84 like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah i'm actually hoping we just trade him anywhere now. never liked his game and not really looking forward to seeing him in a rockets uniform even for a couple months till the deadline

Reeko likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know he isn't number one material type option, but he certainly would help Miami a whole lot. He definitely would be an important move for Miami considering the conference has gotten stronger.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

He would help, but he’s not an all-in caliber player. People talk like Miami should be desperate for him. Riley is thinking about how he can acquire Beal.

Boston84 likes this.
  12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I like a three guard rotation of Wall, Dipo, and Gordon, but have no problem moving Dipo to Miami either for a package of Herro, Duncan Robinson, and Olynyk.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

While I agree about the Beal sentiment, I am sure Riley will think very hard about Oladipo dependent on where the Heat are at the trading deadline. Championship contention is a short window. Maybe Beal is available this trading deadline, then certainly you are right that he would go after Beal but if he isn't available then he may think long and hard about Oladipo.

Not entirely clear on the Rockets plans yet for Oladipo but @treyk3 does have me sweating about Rockets seeing him as a key piece for the future.

14. Boston84

Boston84 Member

he can wait a year and olynk and iggy come off the books....I don’t think anyone is rushing to pay oladipo the max and certainly not Miami. Even if he has a great year there’s injury concerns. He’s on his 4th team for a reason. He’s had 2 really good years out of 8. So in your scenario if they “really want him sure” I don’t think they really want him.

they’d take him, sure but Miami is not giving up herro for oladipo I can promise u that and I’d be surprised if robinson either

15. Boston84

Boston84 Member

and it’s Miami. They don’t get dipo they can wait for the next superstar if it’s not beal to add them to their preferred trade list or have them as their number 1 free agency destination.

Reeko likes this.
  16. opticon

opticon Member

Thanks for posting the article. It was a good reminder about the cap space that Miami was at first clearing for Gianis. But we all know what happen there. I was against taking back Victor before but now I am even more adamant about backing out of the Pacer deal. What motivation does Miami have to give up assets now when they will have space to sign him in the summer. Some may say well dont do a deal with Miami. No one if gonig to give us value for a player who all ready knows where he is going in 7 months. If there was a good trade for VIctor out there the Pacers would have made it all ready. Eric Gordon is better value for the pacers then Victor going to Miami at the end of the season for nothing. Levert has to much value to be given up for an expiring contract which is all Victor is at this point.

If Stone does this deal and all he gets back is Victor and a second round pick for Lavert he should be fired. Not even kidding.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think he’ll think about Oladipo, but only for scraps

no way I see him just giving away Herro for someone like Oladipo who was a borderline star at his absolute best before the injury which keeps getting mentioned on here

Boston84 likes this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Sure if you wanna take back expiring olynk expiring iggy and maybe a 1st I’m sure Miami would take him. These herro for oladipo deals are 100% pipe dreams

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

It's been three days now. My speculative guess is they are looking to move Oladipo to another team for more future draft assets. Looking at Denver, Dallas, Miami as three potential options.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly the Rockets owner wants to keep him because he is delusional enough to think he is special... having said that, I would gladly take expiring contracts and a #1 for Oladipo. The Rockets should be accumulating assets at this point and beefing up their scouting department and player development.