1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. dmoneybangbang

Entire cast was great.... especially the small parts by Stalin's son. Beria was masterfully played as a conniving creep.

Issacs as Zhukov was hilarious.... "mother****er thinks he can take on the Red Army!?! I ****ed Germany, I think I can take on a flesh lump in a ****ing waistcoat".

#8941 dmoneybangbang, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Looks like a nice change of pace for me. Where did you watch it?

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Joker 1/10 - God this was awful. They wanted so hard to make this some deep chilling experience but the result was just boring and the ending predictable.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prospect - 8/10. I would probably rate it higher but I had a hard time understanding a lot of the characters, especially Pedro PascalI. I also got way too distracted by wanting to know more background on all the ancillary things, like what are the gems used for? Etc. but overall the story and world were very entertaining.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

rewatched True Romance because of the Tarantino thread. Have to admit I wasn't as impressed after many years, maybe because of the other Tarantino films that have happened since. Maybe because it really didn't feel like a Tarantino film with Tony Scott directing it. maybe too much background clutter in my head while watching it. anyway. good but not as good as I remembered. 8/10

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just listed in the What are you Watching Coronovirus thread that I saw One Night in Miami over the weekend. I didn't go in with very high expectations as I was thinking it was going to be very preachy and not much depth but it was better than expected. It was a good look at the complications of the Civil Rights movement and the different views of how to confront racism. The acting is good particularly Leslie Odom Jr. as Sam Cooke and Kingsley Ben-Adir as Malcolm X and found it very interesting as they play Malcolm X not completely as a sympathetic character.

I give it two thumbs up and 4 out of 5 stars.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Master and Commander. Remember being impressed the first time around, still impressive. 9/10

bobloblaw, ROXRAN and B-Bob like this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Anywhere to stream it? It's always been on my watchlist but I can't find it.

9. Buck Turgidson

It's totally ridiculous that we've got 12 Pirates of the Caribbeans and 1 Master and Commander movie.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's on amazon prime right now

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Since there are so many platforms to watch movies in todays world. Can you provide which platform you used to watch the movie when you post your rating? Thank you in advanced.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I worked in retail and we had it on big screens it looked great but I have never watched it to completion.

It was always interesting when I watched parts.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wind River. 8/10. Neo Western. Good director. Depressing.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

rewatched The Insider tonight with Russell Crowe and Al Pacino. Crowe with a remarkably understated performance. Holds up very very well, very tight. 9/10. on amazon prime

B-Bob likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Is that about a basketball forum?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Goodfellas

9/10

Been forever since I saw this and really had time to take it in. Such a masterpiece.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s one of the better movies I’ve seen in the last 10 years. Yes it is very sad though.

18. Buck Turgidson

Just finished watching Tiger Part 2 (excellent doc) on HBO....and now Aliens is starting. I may not get to sleep for a bit.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Da Vinci Code - 0 out of 10

This has to be the most boring movie ever made with a bunch of malarkey stuff going on that I don't even want to know about along with talking in a bunch of gibberish. Perhaps I just didn't want to know what they were looking at and/or talking about? That's a good bet because it was about a good time as watching paint dry. I guess it was following pieces to some puzzle revealed in Da Vinci's paintings? I don't care. Just get me the f*ck out of here. I can't say it kept my attention for more than a few minutes at a time...so I didn't really watch the whole thing. And, this pile of crap made over $200 million at the box office...putting people to sleep for two hours? OMG! Excruciatingly bad. I guess if you read the book it was based on...maybe there was something there for you to grasp for? But, I read that this movie did a terrible job of bringing the book to the big screen. I feel like I should form a militia called "The Da Vinci-ers" and go riot on the Capitol building or something. Surely, there is something in the Capitol that are clues as to why this movie was so utterly horrific?

Jontro likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

finally watched the grand budapest hotel. what a treat. nice story telling, camera work, use of colors, etc. dunno how i dismissed this movie when it first came out... maybe thought the trailer was boring. did it win awards and schitte?

9/10

Os Trigonum and NewRoxFan like this.