1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBD Shops are so stupid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jan 15, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

it got me high the very first time I tried it.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why aren’t Liquor stores open on Sunday? The religious right are bunch of hypercritical assholes. They want **** their way, sinning themselves.

5. KingCheetah

No, they just want hard working liquor store workers to have a day off.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bills aim to expand legality of mar1juana in Texas this legislative session

HOUSTON – There are no less than 20 bills up for consideration regarding mar1juana this legislative session in Texas but don’t bet the farm that any of them will become law.

While both Democratic and Republican lawmakers have expressed interest in decriminalizing mar1juana, which is often considered an early step in full legalization, John Baucum, legislative director for Republicans against mar1juana Prohibition, believes it is not enough to move the needle on the issue. He said he believes that without the governor and lieutenant governor on board, mar1juana legalization in Texas is destined for failure.

“If you’re going to have success in Texas, it has to go through the GOP,” Baucum said.

In 2019, a mar1juana decriminalization bill that passed in the State House failed to emerge from committee in the Senate.

“Criminal Justice Chair John Whitmire is right that HB63 is dead in the Texas Senate,” Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick tweeted at the time. “I join with those House Republicans who oppose this step toward the legalization of mar1juana.”

For many Texans, the legalization of recreational drugs remains a moral issue, but the economic boost is harder to argue.

A Colorado-based law firm studied the issue and found that if Texas legalized and taxed mar1juana sales like Colorado, it would provide a $555 million boost to state coffers in additional tax revenue, and that number almost doubles if the tax structure mirrors Washington state’s model. See the study for yourself by clicking here.

“I think this is a place where the public’s input really, really will affect future policy,” said state Rep. Gene Wu, a Democrat who represents the Houston area. “If people, especially voters, go and tell the governor and lieutenant governor: ‘Hey! This is something we want. This is something that 70% of Texans want,’ I think they’ll change their mind.”

Wu is among a group of lawmakers introducing legislation this session that would lessen the penalties for personal consumption mar1juana possession. You can read Wu’s legislation by clicking here.

VooDooPope and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I slipped my girl a 44 as she crept in the back door

BigShasta and Nook like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

The liquor store industry supports the blue law.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why?

10. Buck Turgidson

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

ryan_98 likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

But you’ll lose out on profits. Tons of mom and pop liquor stores that want a day off while not sacrificing profitability.

I’m fine with liquor stores being closed on Sunday.

that said, let me buy beer before kickoff.

jiggyfly and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lose out on profits because u don’t open one day? I assume they don’t want customers to go to a store that chooses to open on Sunday, because the customer will then become loyal to that store? Really? Their logic is make the customer wait a day and we can get that sale the next day. Dumb ass logic.

ryan_98 likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

People aren’t going to change their alcohol consumption. Your logic is flawed.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Vaping CBD flower with .3% THC will not get you high. You’d have to vape a truck load of it.

BTW, if you want really good CBD flower (they ship nationally), I recommend this site: https://fieldsofhempllc.com

Vaping CBD flower is my favorite way to consume CBD and have been doing it for years because I think smoking CBD is harsh and taste like ****. This is my favorite flower vape for both CBD and/or THC: https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/mighty

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So is the logic of not selling alcohol on Sunday, but here we are.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The logic is control. Basically if they open the doors for Sunday and remove the blue laws, then the next step is allowing hard liquor to be sold in bigger grocery/big retail stores. You think mom & pop stores will be able to compete with Wal-Mart?

This is similar to the Tesla rules of no direct business - w/o a dealer. Basically both of these are stating blue laws but in reality it's about the money/power/control.

If you want further proof look at this - basically while the tabc and iirc only like a handful of major families owning the power to grant liquor store licenses, they don't want to have a chance of disrupting their power - https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11/24/texas-walmart-liquor/

There's even another thread here that has a lot better detail, where this was even more explained by a few of us... You can Google it, but there's a lot more behind this (as stated), than just simple why not open on Sunday etc.? I used the article above, but there's a better one I know was mentioned on the site and I directly posted more about it in that thread (that cites blue laws/tabc power).

basically the blue laws are way gone from their intended purposes of religion etc, and are now used to to prevent change. It's essentially and extra layer of protection.

#37 CCity Zero, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    TWS1986, ryan_98 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Mom and Pop survive in other states. I see liquor sold in groceries stores there. It amazes me Texas preaches “free market” until special interest buys off politicians.

19. KingCheetah

You're quite passionate about buying liquor.

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

Structure CBD based in San Antonio is really good and easy to access here in Texas. Their flower is as smooth and tasty as any top shelf stuff I've had. Structure Goliath is the best -- Suzi 50/50 is a close second.

https://structurecbd.com/shop/Goliath-House-Flower-p215660886