1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

2. rockets13champs

Oladipo rental for 2 months isn’t getting us back Herro let’s be honest.

Oladipo for Dragic, Nunn and 2022 Miami FRP

then we can flip Dragic and in 2022 trade deadline for more draft capital

PJ to Minny for culver and 1 second round pick

2022 tank year you got:

gordon, wall, Dragic as trade pieces

Let Gordon/Wall stay on team as a leaders for development in 2022. Because still untradeable

Dragic traded at deadline to Lakers/Nets/Sixers/Celtics

get back 1st or 2 2nds

2022- done you have a top pick. “franchise guy”

wood
    Tate
    Franchise Guy
    Gordon
    Wall

2023 we can look to trade wall/Gordon

now Brooklyn possibly can be bad too.

2023-2027 we don’t “have to tank” anymore.
    Already a Miami Heat like culture made, everyone works hard. So franchise guy pans out. Wood and Tate both 28 entering prime in 2024. 2022 lotto pick now 2 years in and 20. Have 2023 pick from Brooke and Ours.
    2024- we gotta fight for playoffs Bc okc has our pick. But we have Brooklyn’s pick so don’t have to tank
    2025 ours and Brooklyn pick
    2026 bkn swap
    2027- Brooklyn and ours

so we honestly ONLY need to tank in 2021-2022 season. OR we can remain competitive and be a low end lottery team. And develop guys like Miami

xaos likes this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

LAC IN: Dipo
    HOU IN: Hield
    SAC IN: Bev, Scott, Poirier, FRP from Houston, 2 SRP from LAC
    PHI IN: Lou

I picked Poirier bc of salary matching. The Kings might be able to get someone better from the 76ers who makes $3m. Maybe Maxey but I doubt it without additional draft compensation going to PHI.

4. rockets13champs

I think we are like Denver Post Melo era. Very deep team that will be in the mix of the playoffs still. But eventually get lucky in the lottery due to having unprotected picks and swaps from Brooklyn. We practically don’t even need to tank. This is a competitive rebuild for us

18pbr, xaos and allanivan like this.
  5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’m pretty excited about the next 3 years. The Rockets have a lot of different directions they could go. I just want to find a home for Dipo sooner rather than later. It doesn’t make much sense to go from one disgruntled guard to another. I think the Clippers could be willing to take a chance at being able to resign Dipo if they are able to make a run this season.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither Heat or Herro are playing very well so far.

Dipo would be an upgrade to Herro, as he is already a legit All Star 2 way player.

joshuaao, 18pbr, treyk3 and 2 others like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

And if you were in win now mode, it might be a trade worth entertaining.

Oh wait - you're right, the Heat are in win now mode! It would be a great score if we made it happen, fleecing BKN of all those picks and still getting Herro

sydmill, xaos and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dipo + PJ should be attractive to Heat.

Perhaps more than a few teams actually.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/7d5OKMbED

Rockets out:
    Oladipo, PJ, BMac, 2022 Brooklyn FRP, 2021 protected Portland FRP.
    Rockets in:
    Zack Lavine, Patrick Williams

Miami out:
    Precious, Olynyk, Nunn, 2021 FRP
    Miami in:
    Oladipo

Bulls out:
    Zack Lavine, Patrick Williams
    Bulls in:
    Precious, Rubio/Beasley (Beasley if done after 25th Feb.), Nunn, Culver, 2022 Brooklyn FRP, 2022 Miami FRP

Timberwolves out:
    Culver, Rubio/Beasley
    Timberwolves in:
    PJ, BMac, Olynyk, 2021 protected Portland FRP.

The biggest holdout here would be the Bulls and whether they would part with their #4 pick this soon. He's shown a lot in these few games, but I think the combo of Culver and Precious are full of potential and could be enough to fill the talent gap. I imagine too that the Bulls would prefer Beasley over Rubio too (I think the Wolves would also), but that would have to wait until after Feb. 25.

Miami get their next guy once they miss out on Beal. I think Olynyk, Precious and a late 1st is more than enough and a he'll of a lot cheaper than what Beal would cost.

Timberwolves have been rumoured to have made calls about Tucker. So they get their guy and a very decent big guy in Olynyk to back KAT up when he's out. Edwards IMO has shown enough to be able to fill the role of Beasley (even though currently Beasley may be better), especially having BMac there as a backup. They get win now roleplayers and a pick in this year's draft which they currently don't have (unless Portland somehow don't make the playoffs).

For us. We get a borderline All-Star SG, who fits the timeline of Wood and an already defensive stud who would get better offensively under Coach Silas. This while also holding on to our more valuable draft capital. The line up would look like:
    Wall/Exum/Mason
    Lavine/EGo/Brown
    House/Tate/Nwaba
    Patrick/KJ/Kurucs
    Wood/Boogie

I think it's a great combo of now/vet guys (Wall, Boogie, EGo), almost there guys (Wood, Lavine), and future guys (PatWil, Tate, Mason).

11. sydmill

sydmill Member

12. fattz

fattz Member

What will Wood and all the 2021 draft picks get us?

I still think Aaron Gordon would fit well with us as we retool. With a extension of current contract AG is welcome here.

ApacheWarrior, 18pbr and D-rock like this.
  13. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao Bulls would hang up laughing. You just had them giving up their young star who's averaging 28/5/5 and a player they just drafted 4th overall for role players and 2 late first rounders.

Theking likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

To Heat:
    Oladipo
    Tucker

To Rockets:
    Oubre
    Herro
    Olynk

To Warriors:
    Iguodala

I think Tucker as a stretch 4 between Butler and Bam convinces them to let Herro go... Much better fit than Iggy... With Dragic, Oladipo, Robinson, and Nunn; minutes are tight...

Oubre hasn't played well in warriors system... Iggy fills in some of Klays minutes...

Rockets pick up 2 players in Herro and Oubre young enough to build around as pieces...

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A healthy Aaron Gordon plus Wood would be welcomed in Houston. Don’t look around trading him.

jch1911, 18pbr, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Silas is tight with the Magic HC and they need shooting and defense. Bottoming out for high picks is not the answer with our picks traded and switched. The best we can hope for is late lottery with our own picks. Maybe move 2 of our picks FRP and Oladipo. I know Oladipo’s goal is Miami but maybe a good fit will make him stay with the other Florida team. If not they still get 2 FRPs.

PJ Tucker & Ben McLemore moved for picks.

I know this is crazy but... I think we will be okay. If we play Wall as a 6th man (finisher of the game) and keep Cousins coming off the bench. Give Brown and Tate the start.

Brown / E. Gordon / Tate / A. Gordon / Wood
    —> Wall / Nwaba / Cousins / Kurucs-Martin

The best thing we can do is stop acting like Wall is an all star and develop some of this younger players.

17. saleem

I hope Khem Birch will come along with a healthy Aaron Gordon. I'm willing to explore an alternative for Aaron too.

D-rock, 18pbr and fattz like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Birich has made the best of his playing time with Bamba out. I still like Bamba size over the 6’8” center, Birich. We just get beat up so badly in rebounding. (I know size doesn’t rebound as well as effort and technique, but it doesn’t hurt either)

saleem and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. saleem

I agree, I didn't put Bamba's name because he is harder to obtain.

fattz likes this.