1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden Covid Relief package (3rd Covid Bill $1.9T)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jan 14, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i think it's a good plan. It could certainly go further but I don't think this plan is guaranteed to pass and there will be a lot of tradeoffs and modifications.

I know there is a lot of handwringing about the $2,000 but I think this is a compromise measure for those who wanted $2,000 checks and those who don't want to give more money.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

If those so call patriots hadn't been creating issues in DC there may have been a large crowd of masked people.

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I forgot what a real politician sounded like......and, gasp, he said it would not be easy and they may have pit falls along the way but he would be transparent.. No qualms with the stimulus but I wish it would go to people that have been negatively affected (lost job and had to take one for less pay) or if your unemployed, simply for the fact that it would not cost as much or it could be funneled elsewhere, but hey I`m in, were not always going to agree 100%

Invisible Fan, Ubiquitin and B-Bob like this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

dollar is about to get wrecked, convert your stimulus to something else (ideally bitcoin) as soon as you get it. You'll thank me later.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The number I want to see is the $ of interest we will be paying on the national debt as a percentage of the overall budget once all the stimulus is done. This is what has always concerned me as higher interest leads to less money available for other needs.

Trickle down has failed miserably so let’s try trickle up to increase GDP and create jobs. Need to pass Biden’s tax increase on those making over $400k pronto as well.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Good for economy, good for exports, good for tax collection (higher tax brackets mean higher % collected), good for your btc, good for btc miners, more pls! @Ziggy

dmoneybangbang and Ziggy like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Mean testing and lower unemployment benefits are probably the main debate items.

Once the House approves the Senate’s tweaks, a total of 25 committees across both chambers will get to work writing the legislative flesh to enact Biden’s plan to send out a new round of $1,400 stimulus checks to Americans, boost the weekly federal unemployment benefit to $400 through September and more than double the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, on top of hundreds of billions of dollars in aid to states, communities and schools.

Andre0087, saitou and No Worries like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Btw I wanted to point out that the Senate debated throughout yesterday afternoon to 5 am this morning with over 800 amendments to get to this point. The idea that the 2nd impeachment or whatever else is a distraction to doing more important things is BS.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me means testing is an easy compromise and should be done anyway on any direct payments. I wouldn't compromise on lower unemployment benefits except regarding some sort of qualification regarding PPP.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's the Trump apologists that think only one thing can be done at a time.

(Early 2020) "He couldn't work on the virus because the impeachment hearings were going on."

Deckard, adoo, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Benghazi!

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Exactly. But I think it's more than just Trump apologists. Others also buy into the bs. @Os Trigonum did for example ;)

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's an odd thing to tag me on.

Space Ghost likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"I think reality tribunals and QAnon witchhunts are a distraction from the things that government should REALLY be focusing on. Urban problems; the plight of those imprisoned on drug charges; addiction; etc etc etc. There's enough to do without getting bogged down in the stupid stuff." - Os

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Oh the irony.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Just a note: it's a relief package

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

still have no idea why you tagged me and what this has to do with anything... haven't read the thread though, I'm sure the connection in your mind makes sense

Space Ghost likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Remember when you thought that thread was gonna be epic and tried to make it a thing.:rolleyes:

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks like rimz and ramen are back on the menu boys!