1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

This will certainly help speed up the early stages. The big help is going to (fingers crossed) be the J&J vaccine just being blasted out via Walgreens, WalMart, CVS, etc.

Pringles likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I heard him talk about this before, but I don't know what exactly it will do. I know organization isn't the best right now, but we aren't doing terrible. Long term care vaccinations still continue to surprise me with their slow deployment though.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

We should easily be over that 100 million doses administered in 100 days as well assuming this pace continues to escalate. I tend to think that number will be closer to 150 million over the next 100 days. We mainly just need that J&J vaccine to get online

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034201

RESULTS
    After the administration of the first vaccine dose in 805 participants in cohorts 1 and 3 and after the second dose in cohort 1, the most frequent solicited adverse events were fatigue, headache, myalgia, and injection-site pain. The most frequent systemic adverse event was fever. Systemic adverse events were less common in cohort 3 than in cohort 1 and in those who received the low vaccine dose than in those who received the high dose. Reactogenicity was lower after the second dose. Neutralizing-antibody titers against wild-type virus were detected in 90% or more of all participants on day 29 after the first vaccine dose (geometric mean titer [GMT], 224 to 354) and reached 100% by day 57 with a further increase in titers (GMT, 288 to 488), regardless of vaccine dose or age group. Titers remained stable until at least day 71. A second dose provided an increase in the titer by a factor of 2.6 to 2.9 (GMT, 827 to 1266). Spike-binding antibody responses were similar to neutralizing-antibody responses. On day 14, CD4+ T-cell responses were detected in 76 to 83% of the participants in cohort 1 and in 60 to 67% of those in cohort 3, with a clear skewing toward type 1 helper T cells. CD8+ T-cell responses were robust overall but lower in cohort 3.

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

If this is the case, I am immune.

CometsWin, FrontRunner and Joshfast like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Well, I dodged a bullet and do not have covid. Cousin Ron is doing surprisingly well, still no symptoms other than taste/smell.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Surprisingly well until it's 4 months later and he still cant taste or smell. Hope it returns soon but I have a friend who's on at least 3 months now.

6. Buck Turgidson

Not out of the woods yet, but I'm fairly certain he'd trade that for not dying.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't believe you ;)

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

I wear both.

CometsWin likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I wear both a mask and pants, when I'm in public.

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've realized I don't care enough about any of you these days to try to reason with you so I'll pop in monthly.

10 months since lockdown.

Still don't know anyone hospitalized.

Have friends leaving the medical field out of frustration.

99.97% survival rate on anyone under 50.

See y'all next month.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Almost 400,000 dead. Screw everyone over 50. FFB knows no one who has been hospitalized or died, therefore this is much ado about nothing.

mtbrays, ThatBoyNick and FrontRunner like this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought you were gone because you were arrested at the Capitol. Or are you out on bail right now?

CometsWin, superfob, mtbrays and 3 others like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, there's a chance I might be in for a second round with Rona. Fun times. I don't have symptoms as of now, but it hit the place I work again pretty bad and a lot who have positive tests now I've been in extended direct contact with over the past week. We'll see if the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine is enough to prevent infection.

14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I was like this in March/April. I've known plenty of people who've been hospitalized with it now. Don't know anyone who has died (thank goodness), but some folks who've been moved through ICU and such. A lot these days too.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe by the time fatty reaches 55 he'll achieve the emotional maturity of a 14 year old, but I wouldn't bet on it.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He called me a liar when I posted how a cousin-in-law had 3 people (father, mother and uncle) die. I have also known a handful who have been hospitalized and at least 20 who have had it.

daywalker02 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

**** yourself 400,000 times.

CometsWin and daywalker02 like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Which is over 1 in every 1000 Americans dead from Covid.

And at this rate, without any additional growth, that number will jump to 1 in every 500 Americans by summer.

Overall, none of those statistics matter if a person thinks they are fake, which I assume Fatty might.

19. Buck Turgidson

Yes, please, go **** off until next month.

CometsWin likes this.
  20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Didn't this idiot say his son had the rona?

sammy likes this.