1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers felt Houston did not call them back for a counteroffer before Brooklyn deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 15, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

Basically. I doubt that Oladipo wants to play for the Rockets.... he wanted to be in Indiana for a possible max contract or Miami or LA...... but that doesn't mean he will not show up and play.... he is going to be a free agent and his performance will impact his earnings.

HP3 likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve always wondered why so many on here were saying that Morey was scheming from day 1 and was in cahoots with Harden leaking the organization’s dirty laundry and bad things about James to try and drive down his value, but then he got no heat...strange

HP3 likes this.
  4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Tillman has luxury tax saved this team into irrelevancy. Call me when we get a new owner!

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would have much preferred just keeping levert, who would actually fit well w/ our roster and coach

also glad we didn't take on simmons or bagley

6. Xopher

Xopher Member

I've also read Maxey was the hold up to the Sixers deal. The Rockets wanted him. Morey didn't want to give him up. Who knows if he would have if Stone had called back?

HP3 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. But it was certainly made to sound like Oladipo wanted to avoid a rapidly sinking ship.

Our problem in dealing him for better assets is that he won't agree to a S&T to any team he doesn't want to join. This is his big shot at getting max money and a perfect situation, so he will do his best to get both sides of that equation.

Corrosion, dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Unless they were offering Simmons, Maxey, and multiple unprotected 1sts, I'm more than ok with the route Stone/Fertitta decided to go with.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I am fine with the NETS trade as long as the Rockets are smart in their draft selections.

Ideally the Rockets would try to work out a deal with Denver for Porter using a portion of the assets they received.

That way there would be less pressure on the Rockets to have numerous "hits" in the draft. Realistically a team needs two special players to be title contenders.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

We had leverage in this situation too. Kyrie was gone and it was uncertain when he would come back. Durant also really wanted this trade. The Nets definitely weren't changing their minds man. This was a blunder

11. HP3

HP3 Member

They arent trading us Porter man. I really doubt it.

Nook likes this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Id rather have kept Lavert but I guess there is a chance that Victor has more trade value over tbe next 60 days.

I know Oladipo got hurt but he really was a stud pre-injury right?

13. FR0497

FR0497 Member

LOL! You think that's why Dipo is here?? Smh. He's simply trade bait.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my hope precisely as well, trying to snag MPJ or herro w/ a part of our stash now

and i have to admit something else, i am also fine w/ the nets trade b/c it gives harden probably his best chance at getting to the finals. i am still rooting for him

getting back to us and to one of your prior posts on this page -- i absolutely look forward to EGO getting traded. last night's offense devoid of jacking up ridiculous extended 3's was very pleasing

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I know that's why they traded for him. I don't agree with the sentiment. They have more scouting prowess than I do, so I hope they are right.

HP3 and Nook like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Probably not, but it is still worth them trying.

joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  17. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Time will tell. Good thing is, we have plenty of it. Not living in this window of win now anymore.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol no. If he offered a better deal you should take it.

Otherwise, go to Tillmanshonorfans.net with this garbage. If Philly offered a better deal and we passed out of spite that's just punishing us fans to serve owner's bottomless pit of ego.

**** that.

Yung-T, DonnyMost and HP3 like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We didn't even get the best possible offer from the Nets

We could have insisted on Clemons for Shamet or Claxton.

We could have insisted that they moved Dinwiddies' expiring contract with Allen INSTEAD of Prince's negative contract which negated Allen's value. Or insisted they have moved Dinnwiddie out for a bad contract + additonal pick to send to Houston.

We also could have gotten 2nds

I don't like the Nets deal, and It feels pretty shitty to know we probably could have gotten a better deal from the Nets, or from Philly, if it weren't for Tilman sucking ass, or Stone being incompetent.

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Man not a fan of Simmons. He can’t shoot. He almost singlehandedly lost them the game against the wizards because of his lack of shooting. Simmons needs shooters and we lack those. He’s the same type of player today as he came into the League. All those seasons and no improvement. Dude isn’t a cornerstone In Today’s league. If he was the. He wouldn’t be getting traded for a player almost a decade older than him