1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Comments on Morey and D'Antoni's Departure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Jan 15, 2021.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The dominoes probably starting falling when Tillman jacked Dantoni around on the contract negotiations, which seemed to me to be bush league-- if it is true as claimed that he really wanted him to come back for another year after we lost in the bubble.

HP3 likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, so, between Harden and the Rockets...who do you think will be competing for a chip this season? Next? The one after? The one after that?

Nook likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Over the last 2 years, we traded away cap and asset flexibility for millions in the bank. Pretty much made it an annual all-or-nothing meta for Murry, something we didn't see with cheapass Les.

Murry can't save us from an overmeddling, penny pinching shitstain of an owner.

#23 Invisible Fan, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  4. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Given everything that came out today, I think if Morey was still here and we hired Lue or kept Dantoni, Harden would probably be here at least 1 or 2 years. However, that does not guarantee that he would have signed the extension. In that alternate universe, I don't think Morey would have been able to build good roster again to compete for th championship. I think the writing was basically on the wall for Harden to leave Rockets once the Webstbrook/Harden duo didn't result in the championship mainly because of what we gave up to acquire Westbrook.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think given his age, mileage and the trade return, it all worked out.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member

Go down the list and tell me who harden could play with that can beat lakers?

It's practically the same list harden came out with and wrote the day lakers won game 5:
    Brooklyn ( with durant)
    Philly (with embd)
    Milwaukee ( with giannis)
    Golden State ( with those guys and curry)
    Clippers ( with kawhi)

Maybe Denver boston and he said portland but that was unlikely
    And really if you look at that list it's only with durant is there a shot..maybe with kawhi..
    My guess was clips i was wrong and I still think in 2 years he will go there or lakers.

Durant was his first choice and when talking "beat la" not many else can..

Harden threw in the towel on houston and his ability to win here. He saw those guys as his only out and has accepted he is not good enough.
    He might score like a 1 but he isn't one. He is a 2 and was wanting to even give that to wb. Harden a great scorer but not "the man" and durant not "the man" on his own either.

This is like 2 -1Bs

Surfguy likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

That you Timmy?

HP3 likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really sad how many of you care to dissect and rationalize how James Harden spit in the face of Houston and all Rockets fans. He’s a selfish prick like so many other spoiled NBA stars! He doesn’t deserve the effort.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously , and believe me **** Tillman but this entitled little b**** and his excuses. I don’t know who to pick obviously fat turd fertita’a behavior with morey MDA was stupid but harden is culpable as hell dude is just too delusional to ever accept fault

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Funny because Tillman also had a huge hand in getting Paul traded as well.

LOL not to mention we LOST MOREY because of Tillman. Losing Harden is awful but we lost Morey rebuilding really hurts.

D-rock and csnerd84 like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member

If cp3 hadnt looked so gassed I wonder how things might be today..

That said it seems like harden and cp3 didn't like each other

HP3 likes this.