1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

If Deshaun goes, I go

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I swear if Cal chooses Easterby and gets rid of Deshaun, I will donate all of my Texans gear and never spend a dime on this franchise. I'll follow Watson to whatever team he goes to. When you've got more invested in your team winning than the owner, it's a problem.

If Cal keeps Easterbyand it costs Deshaun, it's clear he doesn't want to win. You get someone like Deshaun over every twenty or thirty years if you're lucky. To let him go over a weasel snake, especially after reading Hopkins, would make that as clear as anything.

#1 Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. Mattician

Mattician Member

It's hard to come up with good things to say about this franchise.

Every game I get angry and then sad because I just want Houston to have a good football team again.

I don't think the McNairs are capable.

charlieaustin, awc713 and Hey Now! like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Watson isn’t going anywhere.

/Pancakes
    /Scarface

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I’d do the same. I’m just a Watson and Watt fan at this point anyway.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think this will be a lot of ppl

TWS1986, Caesar, Pringles and 5 others like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve never been a player only fan, I’m as Houston as it gets. But if they do that I won’t be supporting the franchise anymore. I won’t follow a player but I sure as hell won’t support a franchise that chooses a charlatan over a young potential super star.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Theres gonna hardly be any room on the exodus train

[​IMG]

8. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Lol you all know that you won’t ever stop supporting the Texans. No matter what. It’s in your DNA if you’re raised here.

9. blackistan

blackistan Member

Yea that's the unfortunate truth that I see from most Texans fans as much as they claim they'll stop supporting them it just continues and ownership continues to do as they please because they know fans will still come to games, buy merchandise etc

Duke Fan and maw7079_2000 like this.
  10. plates300

plates300 Member

It's taken the Texans 19 years to find a franchise quarterback and now there's a debate between either the franchise QB or some random that can be replaced by anyone? sad state of affairs.

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I didn't watch any football for 10 years after the Oilers left. I can do it again.

12. bigreg

bigreg Member

It's only in your DNA if you were born and raised here after 1996. If you're born and raised here prior to that, it's not in your DNA. Your fandom at that point is about being happy that there is a team in the city that you live in.

13. Two Sandwiches

I was raised in Houston, and I was just hitting my football loving stride when the Texans ce around. I think I was 13 or 14. I've spent countless hours watching, googling, posting, buying merchandise, etc of this team.

If Watson goes, it will show me that there is no care for winning. It will show me we will ways be a .mediocre franchise, happy to simply exist.

I don't live in Houston anymore. I live within two and a half hours of three different teams, including an hour and ten minutes from one stadium. All three teams made the playoffs. Two are still playing. It would be easy for me to follow them, instead of waiting every four years to drive to see my team.

As hard as it would be for me, I'd do it. This would be the last straw.

Definitely understand why it would be hard for others to switch teams. It would be hard for me to.

awc713 and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

It’s obvious the Mcnairs have no idea how to run a football franchise.
    It took them 4 years to many to rid themselves of the cancer O’Brien.
    Now are about to lose the only Franchise QB we’ve ever had.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I didn't watch a single game this season, and only watched a few last year.

My loyalty can't ever change to another team, but I can (and already have) stopped caring about the Texans. Granted, I certainly want to care again. I'm not boycotting them or anything, the apathy just happened.

arkoe, mikol13, juanm34 and 3 others like this.
  16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm not sure if there's anybody in the building who can tell Cal the truth about what's really happening to his team. That choice that we all see as obvious, Franchise QB vs. some Wacko, Cal can't see. The only one he listens to is Easterby who is probably the only person in the building who knows less about football than Cal.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I'm a Houston team only guy. I lived through the Oilers good and bad, and the incredibly f---ed up owner named Adams. I moved back to the area in 2019 after being gone for 34 years. I was so excited to be listening to local sports, but it seems that the major sports teams have all started to unravel in some form of another.

I love DW, he's everything you want in a franchise QB, but if he goes then he goes. I can't base my support for a "team" on one player. I won't buy tickets or merchandise, but I'll still watch games. Hopefully, this gets resolved and we get a great HC who leads us out of this sh_t hole we're currently in.

joshuaao and airflights92 like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

I'm not being support on one player. That one player is just symbolic.

mikol13, gatsby and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Me too. This is the last straw. I will cease to become a Texans fan and I would implore clutch to delete this forum. It’s just not worth it being a fan of this franchise. Whatever team Watson goes to I will become a fan.

gatsby and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Remember when a handful of posters kept telling everyone Watson is surely going nowhere and he’s happy lol