1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden thanks Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

He actually hired agents this past month and they help facilliated the trade expanding it to include Cleveland and IND. Forgot the article it was mentioned in and the names of the agents. Will post if i find it later.

Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Man...he has constantly said he loves Houston. Have you seen what Kawhi wrote to the Spurs? Cmon, man. Im referring to your previous post by the way.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sound like a guy after his hot wife divorces him and he says, "She just needs a few good lays before she comes back to me"

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. csc177

csc177 Member

“both sides are happy”

chadyang, CCity Zero, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Thought it was obvious but apparently not, since you're not the only one to take it seriously... HEEL TURN, MAD MAX, STRIPPERS, HILAROUS... its a joking reference to professional wrestling. And yes if he JUST did that, I would absolutely find it to be brillant and applaud it lol. I'm not a fan of the dull general thank you, goodbye etc (exceptions for retiring, career ending injury etc).

While I think Harden's behavior the past few months been ridiculously infantile and selfish (him and Irving are the only two so far to break covid protocol so blatantly while 400k americans and 7 of towns family is dead, now they are can be covid-truthers on the same team) I dont actually mind him wanting to be traded. I didn't Lebron leaving the Cavs in 2010 or 2018, nor Durant leaving OKC, so naturally the same for Harden. iMO it can (not always) make the NBA more exciting/interesting.

Edit: I think it was with Wasserman agency that Harden signed a few weeks ago.

CCity Zero, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Fair enough. My apologies.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

no worries. But seriously, wouldn't it have been bad-ass if Harden just only took a full page ad out like morey but only to profess his love/gratitude for his...errr... female fans.

HP3 likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO....I, well actually you know wha everyone hates him anyways, it would have been hilarious.

CCity Zero and blahblehblah like this.
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

To me, LeBron was worse, because he produced a freaking TV special and expected everyone would be super excited about him "taking his talents to South Beach." Then the Heat did that cheesy introduction ceremony. It was just very tone deaf.

(Although if Harden had gotten on TV to say "I'm taking my beard to Gowanus" that would have been something.)

Harden's situation is different. I don't think he expects people to be excited and happy, he just felt this is what he had to do. I'm sure he knows fans in Houston are not thrilled about this. And the rest of the country already disliked him anyway.

joshuaao, CCity Zero, csc177 and 2 others like this.
  10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Nice sentiment. He didn't give everything he had to the city of Houston, though. He screwed us in the end. If the team rebuilds quickly and becomes a competitor again it'll take the edge off his lack of loyalty.

bro2044 and Joe Rocket like this.
  11. macan

macan Member

wish Harden retired a Rockets.
    Tilman didn't pay Harden. Les paid Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

I think this fan forum as a whole isn't good enough to compete with other fan forums

But hey, no disrespect

csc177, Houston77 and chadyang like this.
  13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah Tillman offered to make him the first $50+ million player with a $103 Million for two years... but keep posting....

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hard to say that's a "full breakdown" but it seems like a sincere assessment anyway

CCity Zero, Patience and HP3 like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Literally every comment from you is defending a guy who **** on his team and you expecting people to be ok with it lol

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Lebron was a free agent.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's a roundabout way of saying he threw in the towel or waived the white flag...as did Morey and D'Antoni. It's also an admission of defeat.

But, it's okay to want to be on one of the best teams with the best chances to win a championship with the belief that you can put them over the hump and win it all.

It is what it is.

BigM likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

He was a dick and unprofessional, he said something he shouldnt have said and was disrespectful. He's clutch time play here left a lot to be desired and he should prolly move without the ball more(not that it really matter lol, im seirous like zero reason to believe this would have gotten us a chip). He was an idiot for ever wanting Westbrook. He's also...the second greatest Rocket ever who everyone hated on since he got here...EVERYONE. And he's made us relevant for 8 years while giving it all he had. I say that good and the bad okay. I dont want Brooklyn winning after next year, we need those picks. I'm not gonna trash him because everyone hated how he left, despite other superstars doing way worse.

19. chadyang

chadyang Member

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he's just signaling that he sees a post career relationship with the city in the way that former Rockets do like Dream. I think bringing back all the greats to sit in the front row of games and be honored in the way they did with Les was really important to how star players even now see the franchise long term.

I doubt he'll want to live in Houston full time or anything. I think he's an LA guy, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has more than one restaurant, and has a presence here after his career along with coming to home games, etc.

I think that's what he's talking about here. No he's not talking about coming back in three years like Lebron did with Cleveland. In three years he'll probably still be ring chasing in a smaller role on the Lakers or whatever team is dominant then. I think he'll be with the Nets for a few years and then do a Karl Malone ring chase his last couple years, and then retire in about 5 seasons from now.

joshuaao, CCity Zero, D-rock and 2 others like this.