1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Did Deshaun say no thanks to brady?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is Deshaun even talking to the Texans? ;)

Has Deshaun said no to anyone?

Leslie Frazier(requested)
    David Culley(requested)
    Eric Bieniemy(requested)
    Brandon Staley(requested)
    Joe Brady (interviewed pre-NC)
    Marvin Lewis (interviewed pre-NC)
    Jim Caldwell (interviewed pre-NC)

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I wouldn’t mind running it back with kubiak and phillips. They were just missing a qb

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Cal claims he has texted with him. Didn't say whether or not Caserio has. The dysfunction is simply amazing.

J.R., Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dysfunction? Dude, you haven't seen nothing yet...

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm more excited about Staley now than anyone else. This dude is legit. Let's hire him.

8. gucci888

Oh I'm fully expecting the worst outcome possible here.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What happened to the love affair with Saleh on here?

10. gucci888

No point pushing someone that wasn't going to have a chance.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

MP(Manhattan Project) on Patrick Storm's livestream also said that the growing sense inside the building is that they are leaning towards EB

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

When did he say that?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry

Manhattan Project also said. Joe Brady is still the top choice so far in the building, but EB is picking up steam.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably made a deal with DW4. Easter Bunny stays but we will get you EB.

Htown Legend and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But what if Caserio doesn’t want him?

Coach and GM have to be able to work together.

Fulgore and whag00 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chargers
    Eagles
    Texans

Bieniemy
    Brady
    Daboll
    Eberflus
    Pederson
    Staley

More candidates than jobs remaining. Who do you think gets left out?

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I want Brady but let’s say we don’t then I say

Brady
    Eberflus
    Eric B

J.R. likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Brady
    Eberflus
    Staley
    Daboll

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Eberflus has already turned down an interview. The information on the stream earlier was correct regarding Brady and EB with the Texans. There are a few caveats that were not covered that I will include here:

1. NC and Deshaun have talked. They have both shared that they really like EB as a candidate and would love to get him in the building. The hang up there is the McNair's. Cal vehemently declined even interviewing EB before the Deshaun chaos due to EBs past issues with the law. It is unclear whether Deshaun and NC will get their way on this one. I've heard that it should be considered plan 1B or 1C by onlookers.

2. Brady did wow in his interview and has the eye of ownership and Easterby as their main target. NC has NOT interviewed Brady and would like to. They have requested a 2nd interview but have not heard back. There is a belief that Brandy's agent is playing the Texans against the Eagles to try to get Houston to offer Brady the job first for more guaranteed cash. He's not wrong in his attempt, see the NC hire. I have been told Brady is the most likely scenario but it is not by much. Deshaun has not given any indication to the team on his thoughts regarding Brady.

3. Staley has intrigued NC due to their college ties and strong references from McVay. He would be an interesting choice but I have not heard much regarding him other than an interview request and that NC had him high on his coaching list.

4. There is a very real possibility that none of these 3 will be the head coach. EB and his camp have not responded to the Texans interview request, Deshaun's camp has asked EB to interview but I have heard that conversation didnt go great. The fallback option should Brady go to Philly and EB refuses to interview will be Jim Caldwell. Cal has been very interested in Caldwell since talking with Dungy. Easterby likes Caldwell too as he is a man of faith. I'd consider this option very real and a stopgap head coach if EB and Brady dont work out. I am not sure what NC truly thinks of him but I have heard he is ok with Caldwell as a fallback option.

Keep in mind this info comes from someone in the scouting department. I'm not 100% sure it's all legit but the info has been spot on before with the Easterby drama.

The scouting department is in an awkward position due to contracts. They know that most of them will be out of work in a few months after the draft so they are also looking for leverage with other jobs now. There will be what has been called, and I kid you now, a "cleansing of the building" post draft. Cal, NC, and Easterby are very serious about their culture of faith and will instill those morals into the fabric of the organization moving forward.

Take this info as you will. I am by no means an insider. I know a few people that talk, that's it. I pass along what I hear. Wishing you all safety and health. It's going to be a looooong offseason filled with drama. Buckle up.