1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden thanks Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Honest question:

Is Harden the villain now in the basketball world? It seems everyone (outside of the nets) side with the rockets and criticize the way Harden went out.

is it as bad as Lebron’s first year in Miami? Where the world hated him ?

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

That team and the tmac/yao team the year we had battier, Lowry, artest

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Waiting for Tilman to thank Houston.

bro2044, Rocket_ph and D-rock like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Just wait till Tate goes from undrafted to max player. Lol I kid to hide my harden blues.
    No one could have predicted he would be this good.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

If tilman and easterby say good bye on the same day, we would throw the biggest party ever

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

TMI

palmsnbananas likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

He'll write "Thank you" on the back of a laundry's coupon and put that picture on his twitter.

ksny15, D-rock and Zboy like this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

A message clearly written by Brian Windhorst.

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

National media wise I think the Rockets became darlings over night.

The Nets are now a hot topic and if they win a championship I dont see them getting bashed.

On the contrary, I think KD and Harden would be vindicated by winning a ring or two.

HTown_TMac and chadyang like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would say you lack imagination, but it is well known on CF that you lack much more than that.

Stop thinking so hard, your brain cannot take that kind of stress.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is a freedom you get once you win your first championship like Lebron and Durant. They went somewhere else to get their championship and then got to go where they are really happy. You don't think Harden talks to Durant all the time and talk about deep stuff. Once you win your first championship, then you can tell people F off more easily.

D-rock, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

<3

D-rock likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

ksny15 and D-rock like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You mean tilman and cal

D-rock and eliefor3 like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, I'm not even a big lebron fan (he's amazing etc and I respect his talent but he doesn't play for my team...) - the way lebron did it was was way wrong though... The whole "decision" segment left Cleveland fans absolutely clinging to hope he'd re-sign until the final moment he opened his mouth. It also pissed off non-fans the way he did it...

To put it in perspective Harden's was like a bandaid getting ripped off, lebron basically had the whole state of Ohio having their hometown hero wait until the final moment to televise it nationally to basically say " I'm out" .

To add more, Clevelands sports woes are worse than the Rockets as a franchise. Look at the accomplishments of the Rockets over different eras, basically lebron was the only hope to finally get them somewhere in the playoffs and he leaves. I mean until lebron - their franchise is 2 years older than the Rockets, and never won a conference final until lebron (lost, to the Spurs initially but at least made it with him). Houston has made the finals 4 times - 2x 80s 2x 90s. So when lebron left it'd probably be similar had hakeem not stayed and after the 92 season mess with the fake injury accusations/contracts negotiations etc.

Don't get me wrong this still sucks how it went down but it's nowhere near lebron's move.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Nothing against Harden but that goodbye post reads awfully generic, hollow and screams written by his agent while he added the TMC line at the end.

Dude should've just been real and dug into his new heel persona. And he should've just taken Mad Max's advice and call it a day. That would at least been hilarious.

bro2044 and chadyang like this.
  17. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

There's subtle difference in saying that I want to go to a super team vs saying my teammates suck. There's also a big difference where you push your agenda, on or off court? who you show your frustrations: your teammates or the front office?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

His agent is his mom.

Doubt she wrote that piece. It sounds like Harden, CF is just sore still.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Why do people keep saying he said teammates suck???? He said the team (including himself and the coach and maybe the owner) were not good enough. If anything he said "WE suck"

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

People take sports personally like it actually impacts their lives. Like if guys are this upset a basketball player left the team where they act out and say stupid remarks I can only imagine how they would be if they got divorced or their girl broke up with them.