1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My informed speculation on the end of Harden's tenure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden gained some weight and was afraid he couldn't get his favorite strippers give him the best lap dances ever again. But then he heard that NYC strippers didn't give a damn.

#21 Sanctity, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    ipaman likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Except the Rockets didn't want to hire the rookie head coach as their first choice.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% this. Once Morey left, when Harden lost the last person he "trusted" that was the breaking point.

D-rock, Reeko, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Love this. I'm a believer.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

This organization missed a golden opportunity when KD chose the Warriors over us.

HP3 and joshuaao like this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't buy the conspiracy about Durant and Harden.

Harden didn't demand didn't only include Brooklyn. He easily could have been traded to Philly, Denver or Boston if Brown, MPJ were on the table. I know his first choice was Brooklyn, but we didn't hear reports that it was only Brooklyn.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  7. justtxyank

It's just not true that he lost the last person he trusted though.

8. justtxyank

At first it was absolutely "only Brooklyn." Go back and read the early reports. There was even the story that was put out that he felt the team owed it to him to accept a bad package from Brooklyn.

Richie_Rich and The Cat like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

paragraph breaks. people love 'em ;)

10. justtxyank

I won't pretend that my posts on the BBS are beautiful prose, but I can't read walls of text like that. It's not that I don't want to read someone who replies to me, but I literally just can't focus my eyes through it.

ElPigto and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He trusts Tad and Lucus. But Morey as the GM is a key part as it relates to the roster. That is paramount

Reeko, HP3 and steddinotayto like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe if we had kept CP3 instead of Westbrook Harden could have bought in that with him and Paul they might have had a chance, especially if they added Wood to the mix.

It's probably me being naive but I still think the Westbrook trade was 90% Tilman and 10% Harden and not the other way around.

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

The only evidence we have here is that KD and Harden worked out in LA and what Ramona Shelburne/Woj had reported. Sure, they may have wanted to play together at some point. But we know that Harden didnt ask for a trade request until AFTER the coaching search. Unless you dont believe that Athletic article which I can understand. Still players can talk a lot and nothing can come out of it.

When you say that the Rockets have to emphasize that they arent rebuilding....well of course they do, you literally just got new management and a new head coach, why would you not have to emphasize that? Especially when both(Harden and Westbrook) allegedly were close with Morey. When you have new management and coaching....does not that signal a rebuild? Was it not said that Stephen Silas was an "olive branch" to Harden and Westbrook by Tillman.

And do we even know when that contract extension was offered? We only know about it happening afterwards. We dont know when the contract extension was offered.

The Daryl stuff I can see, but I also believe what Nook has said about it. I think Fertitta was interfering in his job too much and I think Daryl has had enough, Im sure all of the other stuff was even more of incentive as well.

I mean Harden being close with Brown and Morey arent a mutually exclusive thing though? Tad Brown doesnt run the basketball side of things. Harden not trusting the direction of the franchise can also be independent of his relationship of Tad Brown and so can his trust/closeness with Morey.

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The obvious point that was left out because it doesn't fit this silly conspiracy is Kyrie didn't go awol until the capital attack. A big part of that was how the rioters were treated as compared to BLM protestors. Consider that and you realize this **** is stupid.

Patience likes this.
  15. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

What don’t you guys understand about Harden not liking Cp3 as a person? Y’all keep saying this dumb **** about “ If he would ok kept CP3” smh

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This all goes back to one of my all time favorite movie quotes: Attitude reflects leadership. Harden's deteriorating attitude towards this organization was a byproduct of the leadership shown by Fertitta. Of course Harden's waning leadership caused the rift and eventual trade off the team but it all starts at the top. You can't come in here as an owner and have you or your kid mettle with a GM with a proven track record.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

So Covid killed the Rockets?

ipaman likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just so we clear.
    1. MDA leaves
    2. Morey Leaves
    3. Westbrook leaves
    4. DID STONE ever talked to Harden?
    5. Silas to Harden
    Silas: Hey I know you been wildly successful but we going to change the offense
    Harden: ok. What we doing?
    Silas: I'm going to get you to play like Luka Plays . .
    Harden: Luka? Luka Doncic? The guy that plays like me?
    Silas: YES!!!
    Harden: So we going to change the offense so I can play like a guy that plays like me?
    Silas: EXACTLY!!!
    Harden: I'm confused . .. are you serious?
    Silas: Extremely
    Harden: Check Please!

Rocket River
    Just for the LOLs

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it completely f*cked the league and this season

almost like an Asterick Season

Rocket River

ipaman, Salvy, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I also don't know why we're referring to it as a "conspiracy theory." It's exactly what Woj, the best reporter on the planet, explicitly said when all of this went public for the first time in November.

The idea of playing together again came up during Harden and Durant’s offseason workouts together in Los Angeles. Sources said the players talked openly about whether the combination could work and how a trade facilitating it could work.

JayGoogle likes this.