1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden thanks Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

2. gotsis

gotsis Member

It's far-fetched, but I could actually see Harden winning a ring in Brooklyn, then returning to Houston to give it one last go.

The Lebron story arc is a great way to cement his legacy and brand.

The ending was bad, but mostly Harden did give us great moments and we were lucky to have a generational star in the last 8 years.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So...you're not ok with Harden doing the Lebron thing and bringing back a chip in a few years?

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

My allergies must be acting up right now.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

After what he did the past few weeks, I don't believe hes sincere...

Thats just me

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon has been here long enough, under both ownerships to know what was up.

HP3 likes this.
  7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Who the **** is cutting onions?

I remember when we traded for him. I was a freshmen in college and when news broke, I was excited but tempted my expectations (because that’s what you did as a Rockets fan during that time).

I remember thinking that if he put up numbers close to Joe Johnson (23/5/5) then the Rockets did good.

For him to average 30/8/6 for his whole Rockets’ career, as well as eclipse 35ppg in a season is crazy to think about. 8 years of solid playoff contention, 3 or so year of legit championship contention and 1 glorious year when we were the best team in the league even with a dynasty Warriors. Truly unforgettable.

James Harden will always be a Rocket. Easily the 2nd best player in our history. He had his flaws and quirks but that can’t take away all the great memories he provided in his tenure here.

Wish him the best. After CP3, he’s probably the next most deserving of a ring (which makes 2018 so painful).

8. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Thank you for making us relevant for the last 8 years, I dont think anyone couldve done what he did for us. with that being said, i would love for him to come back get a ring in a few years, he has too many ties here. He owns a portion of the dynamos and his restaurant, but i am curious to see if "thirteen" will be a good restaurant to eat at (will definitely give it a try) than eating at any of Tillman's trash restaurant. Pappas restaurant > TIllman's restaurant.

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Just once I wish some of you people could act with actual class. Same when Chris Paul left, Same when Dantoni left.

Thank you James, I enjoyed your time here. I hope maybe you could come back.

ksny15, clutchdabear and CHI like this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

I’d never turn down a chance at a chip I just think it’s Highly unlikely and just talk he used to soften the blow of leaving

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

James doesn't look like a guy who runs a lot of marathons...

12. Asian Sensation

That’s rich coming from you.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

ok... alright... if you say it that way... i guess we're friends again

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't understand why you guys take this so personally... Have yall never been in a point in life where you just needed to restart somewhere else?? I certainly have! I wish he had handled parts of it differently, but he didnt handle it any different than all the other superstars that have gone through this process.

It sucks that he left, but I'm grateful I got to watch him play for my favorite team for almost 10 years! I hope he gets his ring then comes back and finishes his career as a Rocket!

dreamshakin, James.B.H, Nimo and 9 others like this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It was a crappy thing to say, but to be fair he doesn't really know any of those guys other than Tucker and Gordon.

#75 Patience, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

You can check my post when even Westbrook left here. I didnt like his play and still say harsh things about him as a player(which I probably should dial back tbh). But I always and still like him as a person. I didnt trash him in his goodbye thread either.

jowman likes this.
  17. mightybosstone

I do think this has been a tough few months for James despite the backlash he's received (much of it deserved). I don't think he ever intended to leave Houston, but Tilman pushed him to his limits, and as good as this new roster and coaching staff is or isn't, I think he was just done and couldn't buy in anymore. I don't think he holds any animosity toward the people in the Rockets organization he's been around for eight years and certainly not the city or the fans. Dude just wants to win a championship, and he doesn't get along with ownership anymore. It's understandable.

I'd love to see him come back and some point and retire a Rocket. But I don't know that the relationship with he and Fertitta can be easily mended. He's a lifetime Rocket and Houstonian, though, as far as I'm concerned.

ryano2009, Patience and ElPigto like this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Production and chemistry over value.

19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Harden will be washed by that time and who is he bringing with him to play here. He couldn't bring players in as free agents in his younger days

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Why wouldn't he be?

He doesn't hate the fans or the city. He just doesn't like how the team has been handled. We've gone from being a title contender to near enough getting whitewashed in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the span of 2 years. He has given us 8 and a half years, and he really didn't have the best team to work with most years. He still stayed and tried to make it work. We got pretty close to winning a title one, but the luck wasn't on our side.

This is all on Tilman. He keeps trying to save money, and he obviously doesn't know that much about basketball. He bought the team just to make a quick profit.

ksny15 and Patience like this.