1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is PJ's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have no idea. Trying to gauge what everyone thinks. I'm sure he'll be moved. I think he and Oladipo will.

Highlyrated likes this.
  2. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I'm having a blast in the forum and the only article I found with a reference is from The Ringer and I hated it's vibe.

Anyway, O Connor says PJ is worth 3 - 2nd rounders, but Rockers will wait until trade deadline to see if desperation makes someone send a 1st our way

Highlyrated likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Hope it's a 1st but I'll settle for a rotational big

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Late 1st from a contender i'd say, plenty of those teams will have interest in PJ and will have that kind of pick to trade, we might even get more then a 1st if a bidding war starts.

Kevooooo and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I can’t remember who said this, might have been Lowe or Windhorst, but one of them said he could fetch TWO first round picks.

This was before the season started though. So my guess is maybe just one first round pick?

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He actually looked better tonight than all season. He shot more willingly. I think he thinks too much with harden. I always thought he kind of changed when cp3 left.

clutchdabear and saleem like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I remember reading this too but i also feel like it's kinda bs...Covington got us two mediocre 1st rounders, no way PJ bring us a similar return.

Still, contender will value him, no question, he comes with full bird rights and those teams will be able to resign him without losing exceptions so, all things considered i'm confident we're going to get at least a 1st rounder, maybe a bit more, and even an early/mid 2nd rounder could be a solid get considering how good/deep is the next draft.

Mr Woods likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A tale of two PJs might tell the tale. Tonight’s Pj. A first fir sure. The rest of the season. A bag of potato chips.

To his credit... it’s possible, and I think likely, a game like tonight just exposed what some of us thought was likely in past years. Instead of Tucker as a small ball 5 or even 4, Tucker as a large ball 3 might have been even more of a difference maker. It’s not like we had SFs creating anyway. So offensively it didn’t / doesn’t matter much. But defensively I think he’s better on threes than 5s.

maybe this rejuvenates him a bit. Reminds him that he doesn’t just have to stand in a corner all game long and can occasionally, you know, cut, do dribble hand offs at the top of the key, etc.

Rejuvenated PJ gets you a first.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If you are a real contender wouldn't you want to have a rested PJ on the court for the last 5-10 minutes in a tight playoff game. Late first rounder. Or promising big role player sitting on their deep bench.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Tucker can turn up his defense and intensity whenever he wants. He's really perfect for any contending team especially if they don't need anymore fire power and can play Tucker limited minutes.

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Remember, Portland gave us 2 1st round picks for Covington.....2! We should get at least 1round pick and a young player

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

PJ is not particularly good at guarding bigs they just shoot over him no matter what. However, despite his age he is still spectacular at guarding 1-3. Even this year, we put him on Dame, DeRozan and Fox in crunch time, he essentially shut them all down.

If the contending team was smart they would play him at the SF

mrhomeslice and Dacamel like this.
  13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Late first or early second, I think. I think for a team like PHX he’d have a ton of value, but I’m not sure their pick situation.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd love to get a late 1st for PJ. I'd be happy with two 2nd rounders. He's getting up there in years. I hope they send him to a contender. He deserves a ring.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Minny has re-engaged trade talks with us.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll even take a Top-15 protected 1st for PJ. The thought process is to not necessarily use it but to just move it in a trade for something better.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2nd or late first if very lucky

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Thicc 2nd.

19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

One or two 2nds, maybe a fake 1st.

(Fake 1st means a 1st with protections that basically guarantees it becomes a 2nd, like our Fake 1st from Detroit.)