1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

VanityHalfBlack, Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don’t give pre-release reviews a ton of credibility. Look at Cyberpunk 77’s pre-release reviews. But Disney and MCU has had the Midas touch so far so I’m willing to give these reviewers the benefit of the doubt.

3. Xerobull

Two days!

Ziggy likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lucky timing for MCU to have its gap year under covid. Even this show is a boost for Marvel starved fans.

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Less than a day- 2am CST (I think) so if you're up very late or wake up early, you should be able to catch it!!!

#45 Xerobull, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My thoughts...

So first off, I like the show. It's a bit slow moving as far as the mcu mystery **** that's happening (especially for a 30 minute show), but I thought it was cute/humorous. I believe there are only 9 episodes, so I'm guessing it will pick up. I wish the episodes were longer though, Falcon/Winter Soldier will be 40-60 minute episodes (6 total). I watched bewitched/I dream of genie when I was a kid, and they pretty much nailed that vibe. People were saying that elizabeth olsen was a really good actress and I have to agree.

As for what's happening...
    In the comics witch goes crazy and creates her own reality. I feel like that is what is happening here.

The "sword" icon that keeps popping up...I believe corresponds to S.W.O.R.D. which is the space version of S.H.I.E.L.D.

More on that in a moment...

So what I think has happened is Witch came to some town, and because of all of the tragedy she's faced, she isn't wanting to accept what happened. Quicksilver (her brother) being dead...Vision being dead...the rest of her family is dead...so she's simply decided to not accept that as fact and created her own reality in this town.

She's also in a way unintentionally controlling the people in the town. Everytime they're about to snap out of it, she unwittingly kicks them back into the "program".

The black girl we already know due to casting stuff, is actually the little girl from Captain Marvel all grown up. (She has her own super powers).

What I believe is, she works for SWORD and she came to the town to "rescue" witch and ended up getting sucked into her warped reality.

Now...the commerical that pops up for the "strucker" watch... I'm wondering what that is about. (Note the hydra logo on it).

Strucker was a) the guy that experimented on witch/quicksilver to give them their powers with loki's staff/the mind stone
    b) a hydra agent, who the avengers arrested basically [edit: He was killed by Ultron offscreen]

So I'm wondering what the significance is of the watch, or if it's just another hint that she's warping her own reality.

I have no idea what the beekeeper is about, only that he/she had the sword icon on the uniform.

I'm also curious how vision has the mind stone in his head again, unless he's actually still dead and witch is just creating some manifestation of him.

Edit:
    Internet theorized that the helicopter is what the black girl (monica) crashed in, that's partially why she doesn't remember who she is. This makes sense because her mom is a pilot and so is her other hero (captain marvel). They also think the beekeeper is someone from sword in a hazmat suit. This implies that when people from SWORD enter the reality Wanda is changing how they appear.

Additionally the whole "for the children" **** is creepy. Not to mention I haven't seen a single child.

Oh and the commercials seem to be trauma related. The first being the stark bomb/missile that crashed into her building when her parents died. And I already mentioned what's up with Strucker.

#46 seclusion, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Rocket River and Jontro like this.
  7. hooroo

hooroo Member

This looks and sounds boring. Maybe even a bit cringe.

They could have done something similiar and more exciting with Longshot & Dazzler.

A "Mojoworld" series, with elements of The Running Man, Gladiator, and The Truman show.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

9 episodes of this is going to be a long grind for one reveal. Movie may have been better

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are they just releasing one episode a week?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yes. 2 for week one.

Haymitch likes this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

When was the last time you saw any X-men involved in the MCU?

12. Xerobull

Yeah, a show like that's 5+ years off.

13. Xerobull

Some people enjoy long, drawn out sex.

Some people don't see the point.

It takes all types. There's YouTube recaps for type B.

STR8Thugg and seclusion like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Whole setup makes me want to wait 7 weeks before binging

No Worries likes this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No judgement, I'm with Feige...on the one hand, I love binging. I really want to know what is happening!
    With that said, it's really fun doing the week by week speculation/discussion. It's...nostalgic I guess. If it's just flat, boom...here you go. There's no real mystery to it, especially in a show like this.

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I thought it was great and I’m looking forward to more. I grew up with these kind of shows and found it very nostalgic.

seclusion likes this.
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You like the masticating joke? Haha.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Immediate thoughts after episode 1:
    Very interesting. It's like a sitcom...but not. At the end of the episode when they're all eating dinner at the table, the boss begins to choke and then boss's wife states for the boss to "stop it" at first, but then clearly gazes at Wanda while saying "stop it," as if boss wife is pleading with Wanda to stop choking the boss.

I'm guessing Wanda and Vision are being kept in check somehow, but that Wanda's powers went outside of whatever construct they were in and started acting in the real world and began choking one of the authority figures. Very cool.

Immediate thoughts as I'm watching episode 2:
    The first thing of color was the toy helicopter in the bushes. It was red and yellow/gold (reference to Iron Man?) and it had S.W.O.R.D's logo on it (Sentient World Observation and Response Department). So we're probably going to see that make its way into the show.

Agnes immediately shows up after Wanda discovers the toy heli. Maybe she's a member of sword that is trying to distract them or otherwise keep Wanda and Vision from finding stuff out.

Cool show. Kinda drags though. Not sure if this is what @Invisible Fan meant, but I'm more interested in the destination than the journey so far, though. Elizabeth Olsen is so good.

seclusion likes this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

IMO you nailed it with the Red/Gold for SWORD being a reference to Iron Man. In the MCU it makes sense, as Iron Man was really their biggest defender when it comes to space-based threats. SWORD is replacing him/honoring him.

The theory is that Agnes is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_Harkness
    She's also seen wearing a Witch hat in the trailers. This is clearly a Halloween episode, but...we don't know who she is for sure, or what her motivations are. She could be a bad guy...

When she said "it's the star of the show!" it was almost an implication that she knows more than she's letting on.

Also:
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/wandavision-mephisto-theories-who-is-agnes-dottie/

#59 seclusion, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is Wandavision getting a season 2? Or is this a one-of series?

They're still trying to get eyeballs weened off Netflix and the 100+ other streaming services out there, and focus those eyeballs on Disney+.

It's much smarter to do something established (Wanda and Vision in the MCU translated to TV) and have it directly tie into the next thing that Marvel is coming out with (Dr. Strange 2), than it is to put out a show about two random characters we've never been introduced to.

It's also why they're going with Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Invisible Fan likes this.