1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on, man, Chris Paul arguably moved the needle more that playoff series, respect to Harden being the captain and the co pilot at the same time.

Chris Paul is more clutch in situations, just isn't as skilled in volume scoring as Harden otherwise Chris Paul is a monster.

Tucker, Ariza, Ego had good showings prior to the WCF as well.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He gave his all and no one active today would have won it all with his rosters.

In fact, he gave so much, someone traded 4 picks and 4 pick swaps and an all Star for him.

Shaq is but hurt because he knows KD and Harden are better than Lebron and AD. Watch.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Great regular season, horrible in elimination games. Sums up his time in Htown.... Thank you James for the memories and wish you the best young Bro. I appreciate the team we have now, with ball movement and anyone can bring the ball up. I hope Wall recognized that tonight and doesn't run into teammates laps to get the ball to bring it up. Run like everyone else.

Maxgx likes this.
  4. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

this was perfect. Thanks Shaq

See ya loser!

Jturbofuel, Maxgx and Htown's Finest like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think thats just giving all... of the ISOs.

Giving your all is more like what PJ Tucker does.

Results are measured through effort plays (which Harden scored pretty low on generally except a truly admirable stretch from 2017-2019), clutch time results (always mediocre), and willingness to adapt and change (none).

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden benched by Kevin McHale, Rockets Players play better without Harden by Sharing the Basketball.

7. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Thank you.

It is this selective reading of stats by certain Fans here that baffles me.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  8. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Who cares what the media say.

the facts are open for everyone to see

9. HardenVolumeOne

what happened in game 7

TEXNIFICENT and BleedRocketsRed like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shaq did refer to the past but more than anything else he actually pointed at this season IMHO.

This offseason he didn't give his all. He gave his all to the strip clubs, he was very generous with Lil Baby.

The concussion games against the Spurs actually triggered this.......this never left him.

And there were games in the past where he crossed half court line very late, walking very slowly.

Is that his version of giving it all?

He misspoke, he meant he gave the city a lot, which I would agree with but not everything.

Yeah, sure, people are nitpicking but he sure didn't apologize for being late either, opting to say 'I trained at the strip clubs with personal trainers.'

'The Rockets and (players) are just not good enough' 'The Worriers are not even that good'

Stupidity.

How insane is this? Doesn't he have a PR guy who should have intervened and stopped him from saying such things before the trade?

#90 daywalker02, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Well at least now when the media disses Harden I don't feel the need at all to defend him.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Shaq is wrong.

Shaq had Kobe, went to Miami with DWade, had Nash and a good Suns team (With MDA) and a veteran, Celtics team. (Probably forgot other coattails he was riding on harder than Meg the Stallion, but you get it.)

Donn't talk about stars not working out.

James made Htown a scary team for 8+ years.

Stop.

And, also, much love a good riddance Tuck.

Wish you well.
    -Cod

#92 Codman, Jan 15, 2021
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

14. ballgame

ballgame Member

To be real, JH is one of the top 5 players in the NBA and to go from 6th man to where he is, is a great accomplishment! I'm a Rocket fan and I DEFENDED him to the end. Even though he slacked and still slacks on defense, I defended him.

I STILL think Daryl Morey failed him , he never put the right team around him here. Bigger PFs and guards. However, I think Harden just does NJ ot show up in the playoffs. For whatever reasons HE JUST DON'T! I hope NJ makes it to the NBA Finals and he is a big part of that.

But I'm putting it out here RIGHT NOW, if the Rockets can somehow get a legit PF, Pascal, AG or John Collins....DON'T COUNT US OUT THIS YR!

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

??????????

You totally missed what I said. I didn’t focus on 2018. ( And that was the furthest CP3 has been his career and 0-2 vs James in the playoffs). The Rockets organization had won 1 playoff series in 15 years before acquiring Harden. In Harden’s 8 years they did better. But they haven’t won a Championship in 25 years.

#95 TEXNIFICENT, Jan 15, 2021
    daywalker02 likes this.
  16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Because those aren't all the games. Its essentially a whataboutism without acknowledging that he didn't always give his all, he didn't give this city "everything", which includes not taking plays off, showing up on time, in shape, and playing to win even when it seems difficult. He didn't shine in big moments where we needed him the most, his best moments were usually early in the game or in a series.

Is it a lot to ask? Sure, but he's the one who said he did everything he could. It wasn't true, even if he did a lot.

Harden is incredible, but points aren't everything. They look really good, and most players can't do it, but that doesn't mean he gets a free pass in other areas that matter.

Harden shouldn't have said that part especially, it opened him up to a whirlwind of deserved criticism when the majority of his time here was obviously positive.

#96 bro2044, Jan 15, 2021
  17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

He never showed up in the playoffs, no way you can say Shaq is wrong or that fans are butthurt for agreeing. Even when he had all that that time off from the covid pause he still played subpar. Fans always gave him the benefit of the doubt, that he would be too burned out

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then, it's alright.

I already said I think he gave the city a lot but not everything but that is just nitpicking.

It wasn't the best timing. I think Stone fell asleep on the trades and he had to remind him but it wasn't the best way to go out like this.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

All I'll say is this: When Harden had a legit All-Star teammate the Rockets were on the verge of knocking off a Warriors team with f***king Kevin Durant. Morey and the Rockets tried to deliver on a second star but it was:

-A Dwight Howard past his prime
    -A magical season by Chris Paul only to be derailed by a hamstring and later by a stupid owner
    -The Russell Westbrook experiment

Harden had THAT to work with. Meanwhile, Golden State had Curry, Thompson, Durant AND Draymond which made getting out of the West damn near impossible.

Shaq gets paid to say whatever comes to his bigass head but that doesn't always translate to thought-provoking ideas, including this one. The dude had Kobe and Wade on his team. If it weren't for those two he'd probably be lumped into the same category as Barkley and Ewing--HOFers that never won a ring.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It ended badly, but no one can deny a decade of historic greatness from James.