1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Jan 14, 2021.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Damn, those high low cutting passes by Boogie. Yes, he is slower than already slow original version, but really like his game. Divac like. Like I said, he is just bit rusty and will get his groove back. Give him some time.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Needs time...Boogie was gassed and made some stupid mistakes...at times he moves like an old grandpa...coming from an injury and being out for that long this is expected

3. Mr. Space City

he still thinks he's athletic enough to be about to blow by bigs off the dribble but he physically can't.

just focus on defense, shooting 3's, passing, and occasional post ups.

Landsdale, javal_lon and apollo33 like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yep, be Divac.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No one should bring up this thread when Boogie will commit 4 TOV within a 3 minutes span in the next game.

javal_lon likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

In Q3 he was the primary playmaker for a while, looking for guys.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I can live with that. It's the flagrant fouls he committed on after a foul against him. Man oh man. That hot fuse of his. That's nuro.

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

his bad temper is awful for sure
    but at least he got high iq bball wise
    one thing i luv about him is that, finally this team got body guard kinda guy who ain't feel hesitate to draw scuffles with guys like green, morris or even Beverlys, we got too much nice guys in past seasons.

abaker28 likes this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He took 8 damn 3s... He's a year too late.. We needed that **** last year... This year, get yo big ass in the paint and draw some fouls...

Fulgore likes this.
  10. jb86

jb86 Member

Boogie needs to live in the post. Just don't take all day to score. He would murder guys in the post. I think he can still average 15 ppg. We have to be strategic about it though.

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

You don't have to be the fastest big to really make an impact (look at Jokic as an example). The thing with Boogie is that he's dealing with a second knee injury and that he has had less rehab time than John Wall, so it's going to take him longer to get acclimated to big minutes, to get some of his old moves back, etc.

More important than how well he plays, I think he has a positive impact on the group. He has a toughness to him, an attitude, that rubs off on people, and the team really rallies around it which is great.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Now that Harden is gone, the bench offense needs to run through Boogie. Let him direct traffic, hit cutters and space out the floor for pass outs. He won’t be super effective attacking close outs or in the post, but he can get people where they need to be.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Yep. If he's just gonna stand 30 feet from the hoop and jack of threes then he should be benched for McLemore. He's a good passer, let's run more plays through him.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

His forays to the basket are so comical at this point in time. I never expect one of them to come close to going in. I swear some times he isn't even looking at the ring when he tosses it up.

Hopefully we can get a taste soon of a Cousins high passing game with Wood down low.

I was not a fan at all of Wood setting 5000 picks tonight. Can't even remember one off the top of my head which was a pick set to get the ball handler moving to the hoop. Just a pick for the sake of setting a pick on the perimeter.

javal_lon likes this.
  15. jayfree

jayfree Member

When was the last time you saw a center in the league shoot all 8 of his shots in a game from the 3 point line (meaning ZERO layups, ZERO putbacks and ZERO dunks) Not even an attempt

javal_lon likes this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

People think he's not playing minutes because of his conditioning... No, it's because of **** like this... Not to mention him letting refs get to him... He's not dependable enough for big minutes.... Let him continue to play 10-14 mpg until he realizes why we brought him onboard...