1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq goes in on Harden - " you didn't give everything to the city of houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

HardenOnlyFans in this thread doing what they do best...MAKE EXCUSES

Amel, Rodman23, ElDobleK and 5 others like this.
  2. OpportunityCost

Lol, Barkley, "KD went from the Splash Brothers to the Dribble Brothers".

Jturbofuel and sirjesse like this.
  3. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

The Big Agave spitt’in truth!

rhee likes this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

and the league still had the step in to help the warriors

Plowman and Rocket River like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said it many times. Harden's overall playoffs numbers aren't bad. It's those 5 elimination games, that's what got his playoffs choke reputation. I don't agree with everything Shaq said. But he was right about Harden hadn't stepped up when the season was on the line. All great players have to pass that test to cement their legacy in history.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I mean did Scott Foster reff his games against the Spurs? What about against the Clippers, what about Portland etc.

It's not even about elimination games, Just off the top of my mind Harden would have these sub 30% shooting games randomly in a playoffs series. I think he did it against OKC and Spurs in 2017, I think he did it a couple of times against the Mavs and Clippers in 2015, and then against the Jazz in 2019. I'm not saying he wasn't trying in those games, he was just curiously bad for a player of his caliber.

I do think Harden does have some mental blocks in these types of situations, it's kind of obvious watching him these 8 years. It's like an off button where he just stops playing good basketball.

7. HardenVolumeOne

thats all tnt can do is meme harden( nothing but bullies, they were salty when the nets beat curry and the warriors on opening night by 40 lol), they want to shame harden about the way he plays basketball. Its hasnt ever worked, the only thing it has done is force a narrative to not get him mvps

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't consider them quit games. I like to imagine like a Monstars entered his body or something. I still can't believe he had 13 turnovers in a playoffs game. I remember watching that game and just laughing because it was just so ridiculous. Same as the Spurs game, I couldn't believe what I was seeing out there.

ElDobleK likes this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

do you admit the media has been slanted with hardens media coverage as a rocket. Can you at least admit that he hasnt been covered or treated equally to his peers. Lillard and Giannis both get better coverage from the media than harden has had in his career despite sharing similar levels of success as harden

10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I think it is best to just move on and focus on the Rockets future. The media likes drama and viewer engagement with such takes. Whether Shaq is right or wrong is simply a matter of an individual's opinion.

On the bright side, Rockets played great tonight. It's too early to jump on the bandwagon but our young core looks decent. If they continue playing like this then I believe Rockets will need to rethink about complete rebuilding and think about using draft picks for trades to land a star around Wood and Wall.

11. HardenVolumeOne

its not uncommon for high usage combo guards to have high turnover games in the playoffs. Luka had 12 turnovers in game 1 in the first round againist the clippers

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401236273

12. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It never gets old for you does it? Here's a thought, why don't you go the Brooklyn Nets fan board and talk about James Harden there.

Amel, Space Ghost and GermanRakete like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

my man, you do know that Luka score 42 points 9 and 7 that game on 13-21 shooting.

Do you know what the statline was when Harden had that 13 turnover game in 2015.

I will let you find out for yourself. Hint he made 2 field goals in 43 minutes of play. You should go back and watch that game in full some time, Harden was not playing basketball out there.

bro2044, GermanRakete and joshuaao like this.
  14. HardenVolumeOne

My favorite player on the rockets is now jasean tate, me being here is no different from a lot of rockets posters liking steph curry. Its not a crime to like players on different teams

Rocket River likes this.
  15. HardenVolumeOne

we werent favorites for the title those years and you know it. the 2019 seaosn we lost our wing defenders in ariza and luc. it wasnt the same team, plus cp3 was coming back off of injury

2018 was the year and the league screwed us

16. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I'm sorry Shaq is a casual so I can't take him seriously. The way Harden carried this franchise the past 9 years begs to differ.

BleedRocketsRed likes this.
  17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Harden now has something that he never had in houston. Someone on his team who is better than him. Imagine the damage he will do when teams can't game plan for him. If I am the Nets, I am looking to trade Kyrie for some defense and shooting cause they don't him with those 2. Also harden doesn't have to be the man in series closing games which works just fine for him.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

Kyrie might have negative trade value right now. you dont get anything out of him.

Teams are not sure if he would even report after trading for him.

eliefor3 likes this.
  19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Dude WTF ever, you are one of the biggest Harden lovers on this site. I can't stand Curry, but even I had to come in the Curry thread to talk some sense into you insecure HardenOnlyFans and lay out the facts. You and all the other Harden lovers never will admit to anything ever that Harden has done wrong. Even when players like Shaq, Calvin, Kobe tell you about James, it's still always a damn excuse. These guys played in the league but you know more about basketball than them because it's James Harden right? This ain't Stephen A Smith or Max Kellerman talking $hit, some media guy that never played professionally. I'm really getting sick and tired of debating you guys over and over again about simple stuff that is known facts when it comes to James Harden. But I'm so happy that James Harden is gone from this team and this city (early February birthday gift to me). And what's even better is that he got to choose exactly where he wanted to go. Unlike playing in Houston where James Harden had to do everything by himself and never had any help or never played with any all-stars at all (sarcasm). So now I don't wanna here anymore excuses when Harden doesn't win a ring this time since he went to the team of his choice and is playing with KD and Kyrie. This time when he fails there will be nothing left to say.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

i cant say durant is flat out better than a motivated harden because the numbers dont back that up. Durant in OKC had similar numbers in the playoffs that harden in houston in the playoffs did. Durant effiecency shot up when he joined the warriors but overall as the singular focus of a team, rating them is a push.

jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.