1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets look like they are going tank mode for a top 4 2021 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yes we were.

Easy likes this.
  2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Stopped reading at NBA Comparison:
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I love the 2021 draft. I think there are a lot of sleepers and a lot of guys that have emerged this season. With COVID there will be more questions and projections than usual.

conquistador#11 and HP3 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

HP3 and KingCheetah like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about just playoffs. Championship or bust. That is a team fighting for 8th seed and injury away from struggling to be between 9-12th seed. Just burn it all down except for wood. If we're going to fill the roster with injury prone gimps then we should focus on a game changing draft pick!

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yards not feet.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

unless we trade oladipo for scrubs i think there would be too much talent on the roster to be a bottom 4 team.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Doss he lack range like Hill too? GHill is still one of my faves all time, and he had a deadly pull up mid range at least, but if you're aiming for that mold of player, could have just gotten Simmons now instead of hoping we can get someone like that later.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tbh we can still try to compete for just the playoffs if we get some good FA fits on this team.

With Tucker gone, we can replace him with Ibaka who can be a good fit beside Wood. Ibaka a solid defender and capable outside shooter, 31yo. We can give him a 3 year team friendly contract.

10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Tank? Top 4? LOL

11. dmoneybangbang

We won!

Boo-urns.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I’ve only seen highlights, but his shot looks pretty good to me. Not sure about his percentages

Caesar likes this.
  13. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Stroke looks sweet. Defense is pretty good and active. The issue I see with him is burst and lack of a 1st option handle. It’s a good handle but seems like he can’t shake anyone with his in and out. Maybe that’s just burst though. He’s also not a physical freak. He has solid wingspan, hand size, and feet. But not the crazy quick twitch, incredibly strong athlete. All in all a really good prospect with great fundamentals, shot, and IQ

#113 BallaDoc, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Caesar likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

hajkov and treyk3 like this.
  16. heads.up

heads.up Member

Agreed. This team plays with a lot of grit. There are not many true scrubs on the roster other than Bruno who was just let go. Add Wall, Dipo, Gordan, Boogie, Brown there is too much talent to be a bottom 4 squad in the NBA. Unless there is a fire sale this team will make the playoffs.

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, dude. I'm not usually pro-tank, but if all the veterans on the team are going to sit out with jammed pinkies at the same time, then what's the difference?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it's risky with Wall and Oladipo playing, but if we move Oladipo for expirings and picks we could get under that limbo pole. It's always risky though because it does take some luck to be top 4 instead of top 5. But i'm fully supportive of tank mode over the next few years given that we didn't get a young star in the Harden trade. Our only hope is to get a young star out of the next couple of drafts. Keep developing Wood. And wait for Wall's contract to go from liability to asset, with huge cap space to bring in a big piece two years from now.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Walls contract is never becoming an asset if you are tanking for a top 4 pick. No, you make a playoff push like how okc did last year to build up everyone's value, then in the offseason you blow it up to tank next year. Tanking this year makes zero sense we only have 50% chance at keeping the pick.

Easy likes this.