1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stone age begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Im willing to give this 3 years to see where we at and what we doing. By then we should know something about Stone and Tilman... at some point Tilman will have to go into that tax to put the team over the top to win. Maybe with this rebuild he can truly feel like this is HIS team to build and win a title with so he would be willing to do it then. It will require some luck on a couple of draft picks and FAs along the way, but im here for the ride.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If it was people would talk about Tim Duncan.

But they talk about AI instead

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

More like we need to find a 6'9 PJ Tucker body type.
    It isn't worth investing long term in anything until we sort the star situation I don't think!

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Start me up!

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Highest expectations are not going to do it for ya.

6. hakeemthagreat

Stone has done a PHENOMENAL job since becoming GM, and we should appreciate his vision. Given the circumstances we've come out unscathed

DrNuegebauer and dockerland like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Tilman buys a replica of Caligula's favorite ancient mega yacht.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Do we begin the rebuild with Wood or do we move him considering he's slighter older than our timeline of picks?

I'm in the camp of beginning the rebuild with Wood since he's got 27/12 type talent but I'm arguing with those who want to exclude him from the tank. I think getting rid of the flexibility of having an all-star prospect on the roster is simply shooting ourselves in the foot. Talent doesn't have a "timeline", IMO, and if you've got it you should keep it.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

First of all, Tillman does not owe you, me or any other fans any shiit because he is the one who has shelled out over $2 billion to buy this team, not us. You are free to follow another team if you hate everyone so much. Second, you are only full of assumptions and nothing else for stating I am giving Tillman the benefit of the doubt. If you see all my other posts, you will notice I have been critical of Tillman for the most part. Also, more than that you are jumping the gun and prophesizing the future while I am stating simply that the future is uncertain. No teams have a magic wand to make shiiit happen just because fans want it. Harden wanted out and it put Rockets in a spot that changed everything for the future to the point Rockets may just rebuild after all or maybe even use the picks to land some star in the future. WE JUST DONT KNOW!

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm not mad at Stone so far - seems like he has done what he has had to do under less than ideal circumstances. Nailing the picks this year would go a long way to cementing his future here.

I AM worried about Chris Wallace though - very skeptical on his role with the org given the importance of the picks and his track record as a talent evaluator.

saleem likes this.