1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So are we supposed to like Tillman now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Winning culture? Tilman destroyed winning culture lol? Oh, I think some of you guys mean getting eliminated a few weeks into the playoffs instead of when the season ends. The Rockets had ONE chance to make the finals, not win the finals..... Make the finals, what would have happened if they did we will never know but that's it. It was a nearly perfect assembled team with Chris Paul that had to face one of the best teams of all times and even if they did get past them, they still had to get past LeBron in one of the best players of all time and NBA darling.

I loved Harden, he put us on the scene. Brought us some incredible games, and even gave us hope of a ring but if anyone thought Harden was winning a ring here they were delusional. Yes we were always a few pieces away from being a legitimate contender but that was it. Never a fav to win it all, Harden was just there to get beat by GS and now Lakers....

So what exactly did Tilman ruin? You can not rebuild properly without tearing everything down first, this Era belongs to Lakers/GS/Clippers/Nets... No one is getting past them, not Dallas not Utah not Portland.... No one is getting past these teams. So why keep the team somewhat mediocre instead of starting the rebuild now and hoping that we get lucky by the time Lebron retires?

Lets just wait and see what happens next instead of acting like Tilman broke apart a championship team. He did not, he broke apart a broken team with a star who got tired of getting eliminated by the elite teams. Better days are coming, maybe even better than those in the past.

HakeemOnlyFan and ThaButcher like this.
  2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Not how that works. Whatever profits he obtains wont be used to help this franchise.

3. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Ell nah never

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

silas has been horrible to this point. wood is soft and can't play a lick of defense. it might take over a year for wall to truly be back as a player. no idea where you're getting the idea that this team was great and harden is lying

ok....lol

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yer entitled to your opinion...

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

just like you're entitled to being wrong. don't knock folks for telling you that

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Something tells me he'll find a way to f$#k this up, too. The guy is toxic.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tilman, grant me the serenity to accept the salary I cannot change,
    courage to change the salary I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference between winning and tax savings.

Or spend the weekend on my superyacht.

Amen.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all are so delusional thinking this team was ever gonna do anything of note

with Harden fully engaged, leading the league in minutes, not missing games or doing load management, and averaging at LEAST 30 points, they were a mid-seed playoff team at best that would get demolished by the real contenders

YOLO likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Texans recipe right there.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Well I don't know what game you're watching but they certainly aren't playing like trash now that the prima donna is gone.

12. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Lied to? He ****ing quit. We have a squad that's not laying down and dying anymore now that the prima donna is gone.

13. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

No...dont have to like Tilman.

But I'm going to miss James. And I appreciate all he's done. One of the best scorers of all time.
    But he had it made. He called the shots and help get players here including Westbrook.

He disrespected the fans and especially his own teamates.

We can blame the owner and hate Tilman for his lack of spending but there's more to the overall story than just the owner. It's not Tilmans fault that James got into with cp3 or the terrible culture in the locker room.

Harden had his chances both in Okc and Houston and he couldn't do what Dream did. Not even close.

#53 legacygt777, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021