1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/14/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All Cousins and Wall said were the truth. I don't know why people are mad at them but excusing what Harden said.

curbur and jim1961 like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just saying let the playing speak for itself. Harden not even trying is still better than wall and cousins. Hence y I find it funny they got butthurt.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

bro go away, harden is gone. you should follow him to nets talks or whatever. i mean you going hard, are you one of his strippers? he paying you to fight his battles on messages boards lol

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

And what harden said is pure truth. I’m not mad at them. But they’re some of the last folks to take much from. They can say what they want just like harden can. Those are the type of people they are. So what. They weren’t here for the last 8 years. They’re trying to get there careers back in order. They have their own problems to address

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Well sure they can say that. I get these players have pride and you have to respect that but logically theres no reason WHY they would say that. They arent good enough. And they clearly said they didnt come here to win. They came here to have fun with their friend. Why would harden who actually wants to compete, sit back in the meantime?

6. HookemHorns1250

Come on now. I’m as big of a Harden defender as they come, but showing up out of shape, having to sit out due to protocol, and giving half the effort in games isn’t exactly “showing you want to compete.”

HP3, curbur, ipaman and 1 other person like this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Okay, it's a relationship he was no longer interested in being a part of. He didn't even call out his teammates. He said "we're just not good enough" in terms of chemistry and talent. That language is inclusive of himself. Nothing he said was as scathing as you make it out to be.

YOLO likes this.
  8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

youre one of the butt ugly strippers he turned down? Why are you so mad someone is defending him?

HP3 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

as much as you've been bouncing from thread to thread whining and complaining about others, it sounds more like you're the stripper that got dropped actually

HP3 likes this.
  10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Guys, can we just be friends?

Play nice.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

why would he show up for this team? This team is awful. They half assed it and expected him to carry them to another 50 win seasons

HP3 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2 hours and a half until the tipoff

HP3, curbur, ipaman and 1 other person like this.
  13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

See, now you're being insulting for no reason, grow up and take that out on whoever you've been feuding with.

I'm not a player, I'm not a manager, I'm not being paid millions of dollars to play basketball, so no Harden and I do not have the same public statement responsibility.

Could he have bought in? Yes.
    Could chemistry have come with time? Yes.
    Could they have beaten the Lakers in time? No, probably not, but moves can be made and Rockets weren't just standing still.

Now to your 2nd point on counting the Nets out (after I already stated fans will give eye tests, but let's entertain you): the champions vs a Nets team with Kyrie that may or may not be there, unknown chemistry, and already known defensive issues.... yeah, I'm not picking the Nets to beat LA. Could that change?

Sure, I'm an open-minded guy.

HP3 likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but who's counting? :D

hakeem94 and curbur like this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

damn... i didn't want to believe it but ya'll doing this **** for free?!?!?

me... i'm a fan, ride or die rockets and that's what fans do.

curbur and Htown's Finest like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah you've just been that dude trying to tell others to stop appreciating and understanding what the rockets have had with harden for 8 years. yeah pathetic i know. you're the classic what have you done for me lately guy. those are some of the worst. that's not a ride or die rockets. that's just being stupid and ignorant

HP3 likes this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No dont dodge the question. We cant judge the rockets season yet but we can judge the nets before they played one game?

You can say, based off of eye test, the nets arent good enough but harden cant say the same about the rockets after hes played with them?

HP3 likes this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

why is your flat ass still here? Dont you have some dick to suck with those crooked teeth

ipaman likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My reply is the same for both of you. They are naturally going to be the leaders of this team, not by talent but just because they are older and vets.

It makes sense for them to rally around something and for Wall or cousins to say "Hey, this man said we're not good enough, let's prove him wrong."

So there is a reason for them to say it. It's the same reason cousins didn't let Morris bully his rookie

No one is arguing how good or bad they are but all they did was respond to a comment that said they weren't good enough. That's it. They could respond respectfully, sure sure, they could do that, but no one should be shocked when they don't.

When Harden first came here they asked Cousins about the trade rumors and he was respectful about it. He said it's the business and it's Harden's business...but of course he's going to come at him back when Harden criticizes their play as if he isn't part of it.

I'm not saying Harden could not say it. I don't think he should but it's his right to say whatever he wants and it's their right to respond. If you insult a man you should at the bare minimum expect an insult right back. Some guys are like Ego, they don't care, but some guys are going to snap back. Maybe Harden's cool with it and didn't like them anyway.

ipaman likes this.
  20. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Lol sad isn't it? Grown men too...

curbur and ipaman like this.