1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets look like they are going tank mode for a top 4 2021 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Jan 14, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

and that's why he will be great. Im skinny myself and I know how ****ing hard is it to play against competition with +60 pounds of muscle while equally athletic in other departments (quickness, jumping etc). If this guy dominates now while feeling every push, hand check, and other physical tricks to get him off balance how do you think he will play when they get him on Giannis "diet" in the nba and he will be the one that can use strength for once in his life and not going around it?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

lmao...you wrong for that

3. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Does anyone know if the Brooklyn swaps can be made with picks we get from other teams. Like this year if we get Portland’s pick from the RoCo deal can we swap that for Brooklyn’s instead? Or the years we have picks from Was or Detroit?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The right word is THICC.

Anyway, when was the last time when CF was excited about tanking? I think it was when we were #14 for about 5 years straight.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not when you're that . . . um . . . sturdy :D

Invisible Fan and Easy like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You guys are very scrappy on a court no lie. Length is always a problem, but when you guys go up against bigger dudes it tends to be an issue. For guys who arent built to push and shove it could be easy to take them out of games especially when the talent level is commensurate. Im sure when the talent is lesser its easy for height and skill to shine. Guy is 190 lbs at 7 feet. Are we expecting him to gain 50 lbs of muscle like Giannis? I dont know. I guess i just feel more comfortable with a guy like Cunningham who already has an NBA body.

I dont hate skinny guys for the record! LOL

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

Does the art of tanking deserve it's own thread? Tank without national TV pick up the scent nor getting on Adam Silver's radar?

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

DD busts a nut and faints

DD

Richie_Rich, Nook, BallaDoc and 4 others like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nerd.

10. mightybosstone

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of this. But I look at this current roster, and I just don't see one of the five worst teams in the NBA. Even if you move every competent veteran for picks and assets, how do you move Wall and Gordon without having to send some picks along with them? Imagine going all in for a top 4 pick in this draft, having to attach assets to those two to move them and then not having the ping pong balls bounce our way. It would be devastating and could set back the rebuild by years. It just doesn't feel like it's worth the risk.

And, obviously, if a team comes along and says "I'm happy to take Eric Gordon or John wall off your hands without picks attached," that's a different story. But I just don't see anyway that happens before the trade deadline, do you?

Nook likes this.
  11. sydmill

sydmill Member

Assuming Oladipo is pretty quickly moved for a '21 or '22 FRP and Tucker moved for a FRP or 2 SRPs then I think the remainder of the Roster is capable of being a worst 5 rosters. The Rockets roster is littered with injury risks and guys who will likely miss a not insignificant number of games.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Mama, there goes that man!

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He looks like a CF poster whose body was stretched to NBA size. I’ve seen enough. I like him.

Caesar and fryjol7 like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

They better do everything they can in order to keep this year pick, and i'm scared they won't.

Nook likes this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So I liked this because omg who is this goofy looking white kid with the goofiest name. I thought this was going to be some sort of comedy about the Napolean Dynomite of highschool basketball. BUT OMG HE IS REAL AND HE IS AMAZING!

El_Conquistador and fryjol7 like this.
  16. Asian Sensation

As we should be. We need a real future Superstar.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I really like Cade Cunningham. I don't know why, but he sort of reminds me of young Grant Hill

BallaDoc likes this.
  18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Soo, is this our official Tank thread?

Because count me in, now we are in for the long game, it would be a joy to see all the pundits going quiet on the Presti praise chorus

19. KingCheetah

What's his 40 time?

20. KingCheetah

7'1" -- 180 lbs.