1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Think you’ll still be a die hard fan by the time we are contenders again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketStan, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

ehhh, I watched Rockets teams headlined by Kelvin Cato, Shandon Anderson, Moochie Norris, and Terrence Morris. I'm not going anywhere.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's look past. Past is the word you're looking for. And at this point I'm going to have to look past you because your negativity is good for no one.

Seriously, please go try something that will put a smile on your face. Ice cream, the sun, some wild flowers, a beautiful human, a tv show you've always like.. something. You can't live like that, man. It's overwhelming and unhealthy.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

by all means, you're free to do so. it's not like that's going to bother me

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because of the way the draft lottery works now tanking is not as profitable as it once was and if the NBA continues anti-tanking measures as they have under Silver then there's just no reason to tank.

Play in tournaments and a flatter lottery has already made the NBA more competitive so yeah.

Like there's a chance the Rockets finish projected with the 10th pick or something and still land a top 3 pick with how the lottery is now.

5. alethios

alethios Member

I've been a fan since the Calvin Murphy/Moses Malone days. I'm not going anywhere unless the team leaves.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cf post #4 :cool:

#86 Os Trigonum, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

? Been on the board like 20 years and a Rockets fan since the early 80s.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Losing gets old quick though. If after half a season, the roster newness wears off, all rotations combos exhausted, and different systems attempted. CFers will still tune in but lot general fans will tune out.

9. airflights92

airflights92 Member

It's just sports. I'm a die hard fan since I was a kid, but it's just sports.

BamBam likes this.
  10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think I'm getting too old for this sports fandom shizz or something... I was into football a bit, but I'm too #woke for that now (lol), plus any team I'd feel like rooting for perennially sucks. Bball was always my #1, though, and I was irrationally invested in these Rockets for the last few decades, but they have arguably been the toughest team to root for in all of pro sports (I became a fan around 96, and by some measures, we have been the single winningest team since then without a title in that time frame), and have had so many painful ends to promising seasons... And now we have one of the worst owners in the game.

/myLifeStory

Short answer: I doubt it. But I might be around as a fair weather fan to enjoy the ride a bit.

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's time for John Wall to emphasize his declaration. "Bone Spurs inhibited me and now I'm free as the most coveted playmaker coming out in my draft class". Got a guy like Kuruccs who can shoot and play like AK47 lite and do some dirty work? Olidipo ..

They need the coaching to put it all together. Let's do something..