1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So are we supposed to like Tillman now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 14, 2021.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i think so...

Had Harden given it an honest effort to be a team player with this squad, I think the lineup was def a playoff team...

add the right 1 or 2 guys and yer in contention... so I'd call that 'fixable'....

now having a narcissistic diva superstar thats draggin ass and not gonna be engaged a good portion of the time, who caused chemistry issues by disrespecting his teammates... naw... thats probably not fixable...

so if Harden was saying the team wasnt good enough and couldnt be fixed because of his own megalomaniac attitude - that i could buy!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden made the playoffs without them. he's taken worse teams into the playoffs. he isn't just worried about that. he wants a legit shot at a ship and win it. This team without a doubt isn't close to it. Rockets won 1 playoff series in 15 years before him. it's one of the worse defenses in the league and the offense under a questionable coach in silas has been horrible. There's a reason why they won't make the playoffs without him. They weren't 1 or 2 pieces from fixing anything. It wasn't going to work period

Reeko likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We were a 65 win team when he took over. Lost GM of the Year, MVP, Coach of the year. Seems like it was working until he showed up.

HakeemOnlyFan, HP3, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

No, Rockets will likely be way worse going forward and it might be time to cut ties emotionally with this organisation.

5. kjayp

I'd feel more confident in this squad with an engaged Harden than I did about small ball...

We dont know what this squad is capable of... they've only played together a handful of games...

Were we gonna be in a position to assemble a juggernaut? no... we didnt have the trade capital to assemble a marquee lineup so we'd have to rely on some luck regarding a few buy low options - but whose fault is that?

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he's the face of this franchise.

it just so happens to be a shitty franchise.

HP3 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

this squad isn't even better then the best teams harden has had prior to this. its without a doubt going to fail. half the dudes can't even play every night and the ones behind them are terrible. stop with the we don't know what this squad is capable of. It wasn't close to capable of winning a ship. that's all that matters

Reeko, HP3 and Clutch City1993 like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This team is too small (too many 6'4 wing players ) and will continue to get eaten alive by bigger wing players. They have a HC who's in over his head and there wasn't much flexibility (hard-capped) to get better. The guy wanted out to go play with Durant and an owner hell bent on winning. His approach was totally unprofessional but the Rockets got a haul of picks moving forward and potential to get more. The run was over when Morey/MDA was shown the door. But make no mistake this roster is flawed as hell.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think it can't be understated how big of a blunder Fertita botching the D'Antoni contract situation was.

If you don't want him back don't offer a contract, don't offer a disrespectful incentive based deal you knew he would never accept.

HP3 likes this.
  10. kjayp

maybe... idk... too many things yet to be seen...

Wall coming back from hardcore injury... will be continue to improve?
    How will Wood perform as the season goes on? Will he fluorish with more minutes as the season goes on - or regress?
    I think PJ+ should be moved for a younger lengthier big... could that have happened or was Harden opposed?
    I'm concerned about Boogies ability to score early on... but again, coming off major injury... remains to be seen...

If one wanted to say there are too many question marks around this team - fine, but to blatantly declare the squad as lacking in talent and unfixable is just outta line imo...

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not that outta line actually. it's just the truth. the truth hurts to some folks but that's the reality we're in

12. lalala902102001

Tillman is probably broke as most of his business is in restaurant/hotel which got hit hard by COVID. We can only hope that he comes to his senses and sell the team when the first opportunity presents itself. Clearly he's not rich enough to be an NBA owner.

13. kjayp

I fully agree the team is too small... i thought it was horse sh*t when we went down that road last year...
    We made steps to get bigger and hopefully had more plans ahead...
    Personally, I'd move PJ + Roco pic or whatever for a better big...
    what you call truth - i call opinion... it may prove to be correct - but still opinion at this point...

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im here for the pettiness. IDGAF! lol

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't an opinion when it's true. doesn't matter what point in time it is.

HP3 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't like Tillman, if you are looking for me to support him, ain't gonna happen......I am merely pointing out as owner, he can reset the culture, and we can't do crap about it.

That year, was the most fun I ever had watching the Rockets in the regular season, it felt like EVERY game was an easy win.

57-3 with Capela, CP3 and Harden.

DD

#36 DaDakota, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    HakeemOnlyFan and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

That would be ideal. But Tilly wants to sell tickets too.

Avoid the tax and sell tickets while pretending to have championship aspirations.

Mediocrity treadmill.

18. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This dude isnt about championships. He's about saving money. Hope his crappy restaurants all continue to suck.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont. the richer tilman gets maybe the better the Rockets fortunes. #EatAtLandrysWhenYouGetTheVaccine

20. kjayp

so you are claiming the level of talent possessed by Silas, Wood, Wall and everybody else is unequivocal... their levels of ability are obvious and cast in stone and there is no chance of anyone breaking out and playing at a higher than expected level...? ok... lol